Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, but it's the right move anyway imo.

Besides, they must see something in Norman most of us don't, and I'm ready to give the benefit of the doubt to people that see Norman training every day and probably know more about the game than most of us, including myself!

You may be right, but it's the right move anyway imo.

Besides, they must see something in Norman most of us don't, and I'm ready to give the benefit of the doubt to people that see Norman training every day and probably know more about the game than most of us, including myself!

I just hope Norman has done some work at fullback over the off season and Hoffman some defensive work on the wing.

I just hope Norman doesn't go all Charlie Brown about not playing five-eighth.

In theory, it should be the best of both worlds.

Not only do you add an extra play-maker with a bucket-load of talent but you also have a winger who can get his hands dirty at dummy half.

It does seem like a gamble though and the reasoning does leave a little to be desired. Let's just hope it pays off.

I am not saying I don't agree with the move but seriously it wasn't part of the plan. I think Hook had intended on playing Wallace and Prince in the halves until the Parra story leaked.

He still is playing Prince and Wallace in the halves. :P

He's just putting Norman in the team so that he doesn't go to Parramatta. Once (or if) he re-signs, Griffin will really consider leaving him out of the team. Prince is only a short-term solution. Griffin and Co. still see Norman and Wallace as the future halves for the Broncos.

I just hope Norman doesn't go all Charlie Brown about not playing five-eighth.

This is seriously the best thing for Norman and if he doesn't respond well he can GTFO.

As for Hoffman, he brought on this himself by being so mediocre last year. After his comments last year he should be grateful to still be playing first grade and should do everything he can to excel on the wing.

From a previous comment in this thread about Ray hadley commentating our game on Friday look on the bright side. Hadley is now the NO 2 commentator behind Rabs, when Rabs retires which unfortunatley I hope soon Hadley will get the games in NSW meaning we will be free of him in a few seasons. Bugger 9 retained the rights, can't stand listning to a radio caller on a Friday night.

Watching our flat attack with Hadley's flat voice holding a flat beer.

Yes to missing Eastwood......

as for the ball playing prop, I thought Parker would be the better option than Thaiday. Over the last couple years he has implemented a good hit and spin off load into his game and more often than seems to be able to get his arms free.

I can see Thaiday getting desperate to off load which will lead to poor ball security. Rather Sam was running 2-3 wide where he does his best work.

This.

But pointless without support play.

As for our backs, I don't really care who plays where as I think we have enough class there to equal any side.

Maybe this year with Prince there, they will get the quality ball they need

This for mine is the, or hopefully will be, the big difference this year to last year - getting the ball moving, letting it do the work, getting it out out wide

Thaiday at prop? Sigh

cant understand why norman would be disappointed by being moved to fb (which griffin said he was a little). fullback is such a great and important position. look at barba. inglis. etc. he should be excited to get a fb gig. it is so much more suited to his game than five-eighth. im with porthoz i do see something in him. he's got to "want" it though.

Last edited:
cant understand why norman would be disappointed by being moved to fb (which griffin said he was a little). fullback is such a great and important position. look at barba. inglis. etc. he should be excited to get a fb gig.

I guess he wanted to be a half growing up. Fullback is often like a modern day classic 5/8th though, so who knows.

This will add a bit of heat. Dad took me out yesterday to get a new addition to my retro jersey collection as a birthday present and I choose the Manly one from 1996.

This will add a bit of heat. Dad took me out yesterday to get a new addition to my retro jersey collection as a birthday present and I choose the Manly one from 1996.
Gag-Reflex-in-Diving.jpg

Dat's so dum bro.

That's just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.