Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't fucking wait!!!! even tho we are going to get flogged, but still GO BRONCOS!

The one thing I did like was our defence, it had the look of early 2012 about it, but I felt the young fella really struggled. I agree about Prince, give him 80mins and a few games to settle in and I'm sure we will see better cohesion. I liked what I saw after the Warriors scored, he was just giving it to the players, maybe Thaiday could learn something there...

I can't fucking wait!!!! even tho we are going to get flogged, but still GO BRONCOS!

Continuing on the positive attitude from seasons past.

Hey, but if we win, you can jump on the winner's bandwagon... If we lose, you said we were going to, so your credibility (in your head) remains in tact and you invested nothing emotionally!!!

True fan!! Thanks for the support

Anyone else surprised the bookies have made us favourites?

Anyone else surprised the bookies have made us favourites?

Interesting, but the odds in the other games are all juicy - no clear favourites (i.e. <$1.40 for the win).

No Glenn Stewart I guess. Still, while I have hope I think Manly will have too much class out wide for us.

Yep, couple of their big forwards out / busted already, Broncos great starts to footy seasons while Manly's are generally pretty poor plus being at home tips us in front but in saying that, Manly generally win in Brisbane so....

I still think we will win but will be close and as you say Coxy, I'm a bit worried about our outside defense.

Broncos and will beat the line of -2.5.

Why - Manly's forward pack - No Glenn Stewart, Tony Williams or Jason King. Second year out of Hasler territory, Toovey has a lot of work to do to make his own name and not just continue with Hasler's formula (see the Steve Price and Stephen Kearney fade outs last year after being under Bennett and Bellamy). Manly have plenty of excuses.

Big home crowd, a lot of Broncos with a massive point to prove after last year's fade out. Scott Prince's first game, Hodges and Gillett trial form, Parker, McGuire, Thaiday, Glenn and Macca got the middle sown up, Reed is a stone wall... Boys will be pumped and should be able to bash Manly out of the game.

Plenty to be excited about Broncos 2013. Last year we exploded out of the blocks with an almost identical side (and arguably less potent without Scott Prince).

I'll be there in the members cheering the boys on. Betting wise: FTS - I'll be splitting $20 bucks across Hodges, Glenn and Gillett every week.

Win lose or draw I can't f***ing wait. I swear this has been the longest off season ever and I can't wait to be at Suncorp Friday night :)

Manly team for round 1

1 Brett Stewart
2 Jorge Taufua
3 Jamie Lyon
4 Steve Matai
5 David Williams
6 Kieran Foran
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Ballin
10 Brent Kite
11 Anthony Watmough
12 Justin Horo
13 Jamie Buhrer
Interchange:
14 Richie Fa'aoso
15 Joe Galuvao
16 David Gower
17 Jesse Sene-Lefao
19 Peta Hiku
22 George Rose

Why would it be a surprise. Our last game we lost because of our goalnkicker. We picked up prince. Gilette and Hodges are in good form. They are missing half their forwards. We generally have good starts and they don't

Continuing on the positive attitude from seasons past.

Hey, but if we win, you can jump on the winner's bandwagon... If we lose, you said we were going to, so your credibility (in your head) remains in tact and you invested nothing emotionally!!!

True fan!! Thanks for the support

Dear Mr Subsligh,

Not sure why you are being Mr sarcastic.

Everyone on here will tell you that over the years I have supported with blind optimism. In 2007, after everyone was injured and we had Shane Perry as our chief playmaker and Michael Roberts at hooker, I still thought we would win the premiership. I even came up with a campaign to get BHQ behind the boys in their uphill battle.

Fast forward to 2012 (ADTR!) where the players (not all of them) are clearly not trying, Josh Hoffman even admitted it. How can I have faith when they don't believe in themselves enough to try? How can we expect to win when we aren't trying.

Despite my thoughts on this, I will still go to every game, and shout out for the Broncos, the team I will love until the day that I die.

Also the part about me saying I think we will lose so I can use to say I told you so, that retarded. I would never take pride in that, nor have fun saying it. When we lose it sucks.

So, in summing up, it is cute that you are attempting to be all funny & sarcastic in trying to diss me, but really you are coming up short with your facts.

Love,

Pennywisealfie.

Last edited:
i wouldnt say im supremely confident but i think we will win. the bookies have it right imo.

for anyone interested the refs for the game are S Hayne & A Shortall

i honestly cant remember if hayne "likes" or "hates" us.

Reed and Hoffman up against Lyon is the biggest worry (other than the still worrying creativity of the side).

Reed and Hoffman up against Lyon is the biggest worry (other than the still worrying creativity of the side).

Agree, this is a major worry, especially Reed. I don't understand all the love for Reed's defense, i reckon it's ordinary at best. Stood up quite a bit and plenty of arm tackles that just get brushed off to easy. I hope Reed has done some work on shoulder tackling and lateral movement or plenty of sand work doing beach flags for the turn and chase.

i wouldnt say im supremely confident but i think we will win. the bookies have it right imo.

for anyone interested the refs for the game are S Hayne & A Shortall

i honestly cant remember if hayne "likes" or "hates" us.

Well if he likes us he has a funny way of showing it

Am I the only Broncos fan who doesn't care whether or not they win or lose and just want to see them play footy?

I could be totally off-base but I can't help but get the impression that some fans just want to see the club win matches. To me, the club has never been defined by it's success but rather it's character. We're the club that puts in when most clubs would just wave the white flag and take a 40-0 defeat.

I've seen people question Hook's place as coach, say he should be treated like Henjak and honestly I think it's bulls**t. It wasn't that we didn't make the 8 under Henjak, but how it happened. We were getting dusted by 40 points on an annual basis! Under Hook, at least the boys stood up and put in a genuine effort! We were so close to breaking our slump against the two grand finalist, honestly, we were so close but for whatever reason, it just wasn't in the cards.

It's 2013 and I'm hopeful that the boys are in for a big season. We have an awesome forward pack, one of the best backs in the world & some great up and coming talent that any club would want. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play and chanting...

LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!

Are you with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kwomo
  • jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.