Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only Broncos fan who doesn't care whether or not they win or lose and just want to see them play footy?

I could be totally off-base but I can't help but get the impression that some fans just want to see the club win matches. To me, the club has never been defined by it's success but rather it's character. We're the club that puts in when most clubs would just wave the white flag and take a 40-0 defeat.

I've seen people question Hook's place as coach, say he should be treated like Henjak and honestly I think it's bulls**t. It wasn't that we didn't make the 8 under Henjak, but how it happened. We were getting dusted by 40 points on an annual basis! Under Hook, at least the boys stood up and put in a genuine effort! We were so close to breaking our slump against the two grand finalist, honestly, we were so close but for whatever reason, it just wasn't in the cards.

It's 2013 and I'm hopeful that the boys are in for a big season. We have an awesome forward pack, one of the best backs in the world & some great up and coming talent that any club would want. I'm looking forward to seeing how they play and chanting...

LET'S GO BRONCOS!!!

Are you with me?
Very well said, I'm with ya BP

Totally Big Pete, I don't know what this season will bring us but thats what part of being a true team supporter is, supporting the team through the good times and the bad, the only thing I expect from my team is for them to walk off the field knowing they have had a real dig and even despite our poor form in the second half of the season I still felt we were having a dig even if we weren't getting the results, that doesn't mean we were playing to our absolute best, but we weren't dishing out disgraceful efforts like the Canberra game under Henjak a few years back either.

I say let go of 2012, start with a clean slate for everyone in the side and get behind the Broncos, nothing better then going fresh into a new season!

Last edited:
I want both. Winning is a huge part of it too. Sometimes a win or a defeat can make or break how you feel on the weekend. And talking about a good win on the following Monday is more entertaining than complaining about Norman for the hundredth time after a loss.

Win, lose or draw..
I would like to see some well constructed tries.. none of this flukey ass shieet. Some good defense.. so no more arm grabbing from the likes of Hodges/Gillett/McCullough. I would like to see McCullough to finally stand up or get the fck out of the team.

Man I can't wait. I also just want to see us try our asses off every week, i will be happy with that.

Win, lose or draw..
I would like to see some well constructed tries.. none of this flukey ass shieet. Some good defense.. so no more arm grabbing from the likes of Hodges/Gillett/McCullough. I would like to see McCullough to finally stand up or get the fck out of the team.

yes!! i fucking hate that shit

I think the thing we are struggling with is that we no longer have the "star players" of days gone by and it's tough coming "back to the pack" and wonder were are the points going to come from. I really liked the team displays of early 2012, they played as a team with no real stand outs, far from classic Bronco play. Our season IMO, hinges on how well we play as a team. Critical to our success will be on how Prince goes, if he shows his old form then we are top 8 bound (barring injuries), if not then we will struggle. I've always said that Prince is the most dangerous halfback in the comp 5-10m out, and we will need all of those skills this year. I feel our forwards can match just about every team, but we have lacked the finishing touch. Our major issue is speed, last year the Broncos had the worst result in long distance tries and even against the Warriors this was evident. My other concern is McCullough, is it just me or does he have the service from slowest dummy half in the comp? How many forward passes and worse, knock downs per season? Maybe it's because the forwards are standing too flat, dunno, but it seems to happen more with him than any other player.

Round One will be interesting, I'm picking the Broncos based on 2 things, 1. Manly usually start the season slowly and 2. they have had a couple of players pull out. Why I think it will be close is because Manly always seem to beat us and Lyon's on Reed (only based upon the last trial match and 2012) Reed is not what he showed defensively in 2011 and could be decisive as it was last time. I'm thinking a Bronco's win by 2-4 points.

My other concern is McCullough, is it just me or does he have the service from slowest dummy half in the comp? How many forward passes and worse, knock downs per season? Maybe it's because the forwards are standing too flat, dunno, but it seems to happen more with him than any other player.

Nah, he's just really slow. The biggest reason why he is still not in the top 8 or so hookers in the NRL IMO. Hopefully he does something about it in the next couple of years.

End result doesn't bother me too much if the effort is there and the game plan is good - and the style of play is entertaining.

I was not happy with the boring style last season. Combine that with string of losses and I wasn't a happy fan.

New season, new hope. I hope we see something better this year. Manly is full of class. If we lose there's no shame. But I want to see signs that the Broncos have addressed last season's failings

Manly is full of class. If we lose there's no shame. But I want to see signs that the Broncos have addressed last season's failings

I agree but it is all about how we lose if we are going to lose IMO.

Unlike you I am smart enough to do multiple things at once.

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet. Best you get over it.

Regardless of the result, I believe this will be a close contest. Can't see a blow out happening and if that does happen, I'll be very disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.