Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the 17 again.. Is Stagg filling the role of a Tonie Carroll/BenTe'o?
Can someone explain to me why Stagg is on the bench? Does he hit hard? Has he got good footwork close to the line? Can he hit a hole? Hmmm

I reckon our left side should do half decent in defense against Lyon, bar Hoffman. Reed and Wal defended like animals together a couple of seasons ago. Glenn will be on the left yeah? Our right hand side will definitely be the loosest.

Can someone explain to me why Stagg is on the bench? Does he hit hard? Has he got good footwork close to the line? Can he hit a hole? Hmmm

I picture him taking Gillett's half utility role.

saw an interesting stat yesterday - Hoffman made the most kick return metres out of any fullback last year.

I think he's not meant for any of those things.

Simple there to tirelessly defend as per his usual MO while the slog fest rages during the middle third.

No point having him coming off the bench then

Griffin might be looking for him to come on and use his short passing game around the tired Manly forward pack.

I didn't like his placement on the bench at first either, but after the Warriors trial, I'm willing to give him a chance.

If anything, he'll tighten up our defence in the middle, one of our weaknesses last year.

Who is going to score the first try for the Broncos in 2013?

I'm backing the Muffin Man.

McCullough dummy straight up the guts lol.

First try will come to Josh Hoffman. Will be a long, sweeping 2nd man play down the left side. Norman will get on the outside of Lyon, draw in the winger and slip the ball to Hoffman who'll go over in the corner. This will happen in the 4th minute of play.

Prince....scampering over from 8 out between 2 very tired Manly forwards next to the posts.

The biggest problem with the bench is both Stagg and Dodds offer the same. Both are defenders and often very little in attack. They are not bench players.
They either start or be left out altogether

I partially agree, only about Stagg and Dodds being on the bench at the same time, I think they're too similar. I don't agree Stagg should start, he didn't for the Bulldogs and he did well with them last year.

He offered very little coming off the bench at the Bulldogs. He's a good clubman

Our bench won't be a problem. If our halves can put on enough tries for our backs our forwards will be good enough.

What would your bench look like Dave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • whykickamoocow
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • theshed
  • porouian
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • TimWhatley
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Morkel
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Nerd
  • Sproj
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.