Round 1 - Broncos Vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the result, I believe this will be a close contest. Can't see a blow out happening and if that does happen, I'll be very disappointed.

...unless it's the Broncos winning 44-10.

Our backline makes the most of their chances.
Attack is smooth, passing is slick, Norman chimes in perfectly, defuses 3 difficult bombs.
Reed finds form, completely shuts down Lyon, and beats him on the outside multiple times.
Wallace finds a new running game, no longer just looking to get smashed and halt play, puts the opposition on the back foot.
McCullough starts running the ball more before passing it, emulating Cam Smith and drawing in extra defenders.
Dodds puts as much oomph into his running as he does into his tackling.
Gillett doesn't overplay his hand, looks to create opportunities for his outside men in the same way real centres used to.
Broncos win 50 - 6.

How well did manly beat us at Brookie last year. I saw the game from intensive care so I don't remember much of it expect the final score was 18-6.

Attack is smooth, passing is slick, Norman chimes in perfectly, defuses 3 difficult bombs.
Reed finds form, completely shuts down Lyon, and beats him on the outside multiple times.
Wallace finds a new running game, no longer just looking to get smashed and halt play, puts the opposition on the back foot.
McCullough starts running the ball more before passing it, emulating Cam Smith and drawing in extra defenders.
Gillett doesn't overplay his hand, looks to create opportunities for his outside men in the same way real centres used to.
Broncos win 50 - 6.

Go home Alec, you're drunk.

With Wallace and glennnplaying inside of reed and reed inside of Hoffman I think there is a small chance we contain Lyon. As long as reed finds form that is.

Sounds like Wallace will move back onto the left side? That would be good, I'd prefer Prince feeding Gillett and Hodges the ball.

That's the kind of Matrix I want to live in.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill - you stay in Griffinland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Broncos win 50 - 6.
I'll have whatever you're having mate! :laugh:

I can see Gillett and Hodges running amok against Manly but will that combo out score Jamie Lyon?? Could be an interesting night. I expect a pretty open game because with Prince in the halves we should go wide a bit more often. I hope Prince brings his best and most creative kicking game. I hope our defense is really rocking and rolling. I love when we defend really well.

Dunno if its been posted but Anderson is set to drop off the bench.

I can see Gillett and Hodges running amok against Manly but will that combo out score Jamie Lyon?? Could be an interesting night. I expect a pretty open game because with Prince in the halves we should go wide a bit more often. I hope Prince brings his best and most creative kicking game. I hope our defense is really rocking and rolling. I love when we defend really well.

Stuey just loves it when the defence is on song, matter of fact, so do I. I'm predicting a first up win for the boys tomorrow nite and whilst I'm not anticipating a great season by the Bronco boys, I mean, wtf do I know? Who can successfully predict a RL season amongst the pokies, peptides and pectoral muscle injuries? That is what makes this game so good, Broncos could win it all for all we know. Let's hope they start their march towards the title with a big win vs Manly.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.

You take the red pill - you stay in Griffinland and I show you how shallow the attacking line stands.

Fixed it

Pass the ball + support the ball runner + pass the ball + support the ball runner (etc etc) + aggressive attacking straight line defence = a Broncos win

... over any side

Hopefully Prince is the catalyst for the above escape from the boredom of 2012

This afternoon I played a 20 minute game on Rugby League Live 2 with updated teams. Broncos won 20-6. Glenn opened the scoring, Hodges scored either side of halftime and Reed went over late in the game. The only Manly try came through a poor offload from Reed (when the result was beyond doubt) which was picked up by Lyon who went 70m. Prince 2/4, but the 2 second half shots were on his no-preferred side with a big wind (the last shot hit the upright).

Hodges and Maranta were dynamic as a combination. Norman was great bringing the ball back and broke a few tackles and got some quick play the balls. Wallace gave us good field position, and Prince was very dangerous in our own 20. However, in saying all that defence won us the game, with Manly only finishing 3 sets inside their own half.

Although I love that game. Scoring is ridiculously easy. Every third ball return I can score. The others I can in the first set. I almost never get a chance for a long kick only ever scoring ones. And intercept are too common. But anyway how do you update teams? I haven't played in a few weeks... is it automatic?

You update the teams through the footy factory. Then you play as 1 custom team against the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.