/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It may be early ... but i'm calling it anyway:

Bellamy has made a mistake allowing Croft to walk.

We looked soooooooo much better with a genuine halfback. and I think Croft being away from Smith, will lift his game to another level, since he can now own the team, something he couldn't do at the Storm with Smith around
What I liked about Croft was that he wasn't afraid to probe and ask real questions of the opposition and also has a running game to boot. Milford I think showed tonight the benefits of having such a halfback that can handle that role allowing him to play his natural running game.

Isaako I think sent a real positive message out tonight, that isn't to say he is absolutely locked into fullback, but with Bird out now that was the type of display he needed to start the season at fullback.

Last edited:
1. Isaako - 9/10 - Actually elite, RTS with cramps
2. Oates - 3/10 - Coronavirus hands
3. Boyd - 6/10 - Dummy half runs are better than missed tackles I suppose
4. Staggs - 7/10 - Nice
5. Arthars - 9/10 - WTF, best outside back on the team by far
6. Milford - 7/10 - One point for each offload
7. Croft - 8/10 - Cronk with a straight nose
8. Flegler - 8/10 - Gun
9. Turpin - 8/10 - Best hooker on the Broncos since Matt Parcell
10. Haas - 10/10 - No words required
11. Fifita - 8/10 - Nearly blew out my achilles cheering on his try
12. TPJ - 8/10 - Get the rubbish out of his game and he's elite
13. Carrigan 9/10 - Parker with hair

Scrappy but entertaining win.

As already said, Croft put his best foot forward tonight. Took on the line and wasnt shy about shovelling the ball out quick to Staggs and co when we had them going backwards. f he can build on that I'll be very pleased.

Was pleased to see that right edge having developed a good understanding from the look of things. Passed when it was on, took the tackle and scrapped for metres when it wasn't.

Huge efforts from Fifita and Haas as expected. Cornerstones of our success tonight.

Lastly have to give it up for Flegler. We needed him to stand up as starting prop and he took care of business. Damaging runs and racked up the post contact metres. No penalties or errors. Good stuff.

Isaako gets a pass from me. Some errors towards the end but he looked pretty hampered after that cramp. Handled the high balls otherwise, and combined relatively well with the right edge. Solid base to work off, hope he takes some confidence out of tonight.

Haha nice stadium opening dickheads, enjoy the trip home with coronavirus and a big fat L
Coronavirus discussion on this forum is starting to crack me up.

Make wisecracks about worldwide pandemic that has killed thousands- All good.
Make wisecracks about RL player getting injured- Scum of the Earth.

BHQ logic.

Cows are absolutely dreadful. Lot of disharmony in their camp even before this game.

surely Green needs a decent start to the season to keep his job ... a 13th then 14th place finish would be the death knell for most coaches jobs

Last edited:
I'm going to give some credit to Boyd and Issako. Thought they both did well considering the grief they both cop.

Couldn’t agree more with Jamayne but Boyd was ineffective in attack and mostly ordinary in defense. To be fair there were a couple of times when he missed his first attempt but came back to get the job done when it mattered. Oates had an ordinary night but I wouldn’t want to be playing outside Boyd as he knows he’s not gonna get much quality ball

Last edited:
No Opacic, how did they expect to win? Need more ex-Broncos.

He would have been better than what they had, but Green has pretty much lost that squad. A lot of players arent happy. He is a lunatic.
[automerge]1584099643[/automerge]
Couldn’t agree more with Jamayne but Boyd was ineffective in attack and mostly ordinary in defense. To be fair there were a couple of times when he missed his first attempt but came back to get the job done when it mattered. Oates had an ordinary night but I wouldn’t want to be playing outside Boyd as he knows he’s not gonna get much quality ball

Most of our attack was down the right anyway. Boyd was solid. Did his job fine.

Last edited:
A good win , some good signs from this game . I was impressed with their defence tonight ,I though they tackled more effectively and aggressively and were more consistent. Errors were a worrying sign though , however considering how young this side is ,I'm not surprised, and it must be trained out of them . The Broncos must retain Fifita at all costs ,he was outstanding again tonight. Croft is what we needed at 1/2 alright ,he was the big difference to this side . The roster for the middle is very strong ,but there still is not enough backing up and forwards offloading I felt . Hopefully their middle should worry a lot of sides this year , its their edges that look a bit underdone .Milf looked to inject himself more ,but he still needs a work on his defensive game ,it always looks shakey. AS has a good roster here ,by rights they should improve ,and this win should be the confidence builder they desperately need . Goodnight Cowboys Go The Broncos

If Glenn is back next week, have to get rid of Macca. I thought Jamil was good. Runs with intent has ball playing ability.
Worried about TPJ. Could be out for a bit.
Boyd just runs from dummy half, can't see him making a tackle break but at least he put his body on the line in that 2nd half break.
We look much better with a proper 7.

What did I miss with TPJ ? Is he injured?

Active Now

• Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrTickyMcG
  • cento
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • PETERN
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.