Round 1 Discussion

Goddamnit ning. Look at what you've done. Another thread veering wildly off-topic because of your Nazism.

Knights looked terrible as a team.. They looked slow and off the pace. However, I thought they had a chance to win the game when they were 30mtrs out in OT, but they were trying too hard.. Needed to do it simple - exactly what the Dragons did, one off the ruck with ball security straight down the guts.

The Dragons looked the better team and probably deserved the 2 points. I'd have preferred a Knights win.. HATE THE REDV.

anyway. GAME TIME TONIGHT. PUMPED!

Was a puss game imo. But to be expected as it was first game of season in wet conditions. I wasn't interested until the last 10 minutes.

Thought Mullen/Gidley were average. Buderus looked sharp & like he was a U12's player playing with the u6's at times.

Dragons would have won by 13+ if they had Boyd at fullback - but Stanley will only improve.

I liked the look of De Belin, Edwards, McKinnon & even though he dropped the pill at a crucial time I thought Cuthbertson had one of the better games he has played.

I was pretty impressed with Buderus.

I was to actually. He got through a lot of work. Would have liked to see him run the ball a bit more. Only seen him do it twice I think, and he dropped it once.

The Knights support play let them down also.

Bedsy sort of reminded me of Priddis circa 2010. A bit sluggish but plenty of knowledge around the ruck and very strong defensively. Certainly made a bigger difference than De Gois who for mine is one of the worst defensive hookers in the game.

By his own standards, I thought Boyd was poor but in general was pretty solid. Made some good runs at the back, in particular one where he linked up with McManus late and made 40 crucial metres. But yeah, he didn't leave his stamp on the game and came up with some pretty ordinary mistakes including one that denied his side a try and one that almost conceded a try.

Boyd is fitting into a brand new backline, of course he wasn't going to have a stand out game....I was saying the Dragons would have gone 13+ with Boyd based on his performances for them over the last 3 years, not his performances last night, just in case anyone misunderstood. He won the battle of the fullbacks though, Kyle Stanley looked pretty disjointed trying to slot into the backline movements....but he will improve, no doubt.

Anyone else horrified by Mullen's kicking game? He finally put the bomb up for Stanley and he dropped it twice, but never even looked like bombing him again? WTF Mullen. Besides that the Knights kicking game was non-existant.

Also, how big is Kidley looking, his chest has doubled in size!!!

You reckon?
I thought he was the best player of the Knights by a fair margin!

My opinion may be based on the fact that he scored me #### all points on Supercoach.

My opinion may be based on the fact that he scored me #### all points on Supercoach.

Ah, fair enough. :haha:

How on earth did Kyle Stanley get 10 more points than Boyd? :rash:

Ah, fair enough. :haha:

How on earth did Kyle Stanley get 10 more points than Boyd? :rash:

2 Offloads and 2 more tackles than Boyd. I am pissed as well!! I was like "the pass wasn't forward... pfftt backwards all the way", now give me that Try Assist and Line Break Assist.

That is another reason I wanted the Knights to go for the try with 8 to go and do the set move. I knew he wasn't doing very well. Though I thought I saw him with the ball more than I used to see Gasnier and he was always in the mid 60's, so buggered if I know :confused:.

2 Offloads and 2 more tackles than Boyd. I am pissed as well!! I was like "the pass wasn't forward... pfftt backwards all the way", now give me that Try Assist and Line Break Assist.

That is another reason I wanted the Knights to go for the try with 8 to go and do the set move. I knew he wasn't doing very well. Though I thought I saw him with the ball more than I used to see Gasnier and he was always in the mid 60's, so buggered if I know :confused:.
That's right, I remember seeing one of those offloads and thinking, well that's 4 points at least, because you're going to screw my SC and DT score Mr. Stanley.
What about Boyd... he made ONE whopping tackle all game, and he played 80 mins! :jawdrop:

Well I picked up both Boyd and Stanley in supercoach. Dreadful decision.

UGH ####EN HELL there goes my chance for a perfect opening round. I tipped the boys to knock the #### out of Parra tonight.

Complain when you've got 6/7 and you miss the last game not on the first game!

Manly just scored a pretty sweet try.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncorob
  • Lozza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Browny
  • Ozired
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Strop
  • armchair
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.