Round 1 Discussion

Titans should be up by a lot but have been unorganized

Fifita with an almost identical SC to SBW. Will get a small holiday presumably.

Titans should have won by 30 IMO. Their halves were off and game plan was poor IMO. I expected better from them.

Glad I switched my tip to the Titans! Still my worst week ever 3/8....

Very ordinary game by both teams but I was actually expecting a gritty contest like that. Glad the Titans won in the end based on that Kelly no try and Zillman being taken out without the ball and Brandy's commentary was very one-sided against them.

Bad week to start the year, just like Rally Towel I changed my tip to Titans and only made 3/8

Ordinary week in the tipping 4/8.

Surprised it wasn't a 3/8, didn't remember who I picked between Dragons/Tigers, guess I rated the Tigers less at the time. Or felt annoyed that Nofoaluma was ruled out - either or.

Sharks I would have tipped against had I been sure of Carney's fitness. Kept hearing mixed reports and usually, they end up playing. Bit me on the arse on that occasion.

I can live with the Rabbits & Melbourne tips. Should have read more into the Storm's round one winning record but didn't expect Manly to capitulate after Snake went off the field. Bit miffed at myself on Eels v Warriors, that was just bad research on my part and drinking too much pro-Warriors Ari Gold kool-aid.

Ordinary week in the tipping 4/8.

Surprised it wasn't a 3/8, didn't remember who I picked between Dragons/Tigers, guess I rated the Tigers less at the time. Or felt annoyed that Nofoaluma was ruled out - either or.

Sharks I would have tipped against had I been sure of Carney's fitness. Kept hearing mixed reports and usually, they end up playing. Bit me on the arse on that occasion.

I can live with the Rabbits & Melbourne tips. Should have read more into the Storm's round one winning record but didn't expect Manly to capitulate after Snake went off the field. Bit miffed at myself on Eels v Warriors, that was just bad research on my part and drinking too much pro-Warriors Ari Gold kool-aid.
Haha, I didn't fall for that one. Really saw it coming!

All in all, not unhappy with 5/8, missing the Panthers, Storm and Souffs results.

I see it hasn't taken long for a video ref to make a huge blunder. Albert Kelly being denied what should have been a try. While he does lose control of the ball, his hand touches the ball again before it hits the ground.

GROUNDING THE BALL IN POSSESSION
The ball must be placed on the ground with hand/s or arm.
If separation occurs during grounding of the ball for a try possession can be regained by the
hand or arm regaining contact with the ball prior to it hitting the ground.
If in the process of scoring a try the ball comes in contact with a defender the Video Referee
must consider whether the ball has only stayed in the hand because of the contact. If he
concludes it did it will be a knock on and no try.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION]

I agree with the video ref, as I don't think he had control of the ball.

@Super Freak

I agree with the video ref, as I don't think he had control of the ball.

If the ball is already on the ground behind the try line and you place a finger on it you don't have control of the ball either, but it's still a try.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • sooticus
  • kiwibronco
  • mieko
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Organix
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.