Round 1 Discussion

You know you're club is in trouble when the team with one of the weakest backlines out 44 points on you.

It makes me feel good that there are teams like the Tigers and likely the Dragons who will 100% finish below us.

It makes me feel good that there are teams like the Tigers and likely the Dragons who will 100% finish below us.
Yeah that was some game . Made us look like a disciplined well oiled machine compared to forward passing missed tackle droppothon.

We tend to drop games we should win so don't count your chickens. I think the Dragons could be quite hard to beat once Dugan is back and if they get their defence sorted.

Very impressed with Tomkins ball playing so far. He's chosen the right option virtually every time down that right side.

Now he just needs to start his try scoring.

Is this really the Eels we are watching? They have been quite good tonight.

Warriors have been shocking in defence

The Warriors of old are back. After looking like top four material in the trial against the Broncs, they have been terrible tonight.

Thought the warriors might be a shot this season ,so impressive we're they in the trial against us. Not sure now though. Parra looking better though.

Last edited:
Just makes me feel even worse about our loss in the trial...

I expect the Warriors to put forth much of the same this year. Some terrific performances, but not win the games that really count.

Good signs from Parra.

Felt similar to last year's round 1 match up.

The Warriors played like they had read the newspapers and believed the hype. I think they will improve markedly over the season and go close to fulfilling the predictions. The game was a penalty festival and the refs ( one in particular ) were pedantic. Arthur has the Eels primed for a much improved season. They looked pretty committed and the new recruits were all decent including our reject.

How bloody quick is Tedesco?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's super fast, looks a great prospect now that he seems to be past his injuries.

Parra did play very well but they still made some very basic mistakes and there is still a lot of room for improvement. Was really impressed by Manu Mau on debut, he will be a very good player if he continues playing like that.

Parra did play very well but they still made some very basic mistakes and there is still a lot of room for improvement. Was really impressed by Manu Mau on debut, he will be a very good player if he continues playing like that.

Ma'u did look the goods. Guy looked like an animal running the ball. Think he will do well as long as they don't over complicate his role in the side.

The Warriors played like they had read the newspapers and believed the hype. I think they will improve markedly over the season and go close to fulfilling the predictions. The game was a penalty festival and the refs ( one in particular ) were pedantic. Arthur has the Eels primed for a much improved season. They looked pretty committed and the new recruits were all decent including our reject.

I still thought he was quite average and Luke Kelly carried the team and was the go to man.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • phoenix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • Strop
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Allo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • Fozz
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.