Brisbane
Paasi, Taia, Shillo all good.

But not better than Bird.

Bird was actually more involved than I thought

21 Runs
27 Tackles
2 Try Assists
4 Offloads

Yes, he's a stain on the Titans but I can't disagree with Fox's choice on this occasion.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere
Didn't know Fox did MOM as well as 9. Good win by the Titans but the Knights were shocking especially in the second half, their second half performance was one of the worst I've seen for a quite a while.

On the subject of MOM you could've given it to a few different Titans players and nobody would've argued with it. Paasi, Ta'i and Shillington did play well but Bird was a fair winner for mine. Was always looking for work through the middle, made 150 meters from 19 runs coupled with 4 offloads and 2 try and line break assists he is a good enough winner for mine.

Alec

International Rep
People never used to debate the MOTM awards much at all. Usually it's only a bit during Origin, and usually it's just "Oh, it's Smith/Thurston/Myles again". I guess it's only because it's Bird.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
This is my big upset of the round.. I really need the Dragons to lift in the second half, they were getting completely destroyed in the last 25 minutes of that half.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
That game sucked.

I'm sure Bellamy is setting a record for the number of f-bombs dropped in a single post-match meeting. Melbourne were very ordinary against a mediocre Dragons outfit and never looked like creating anything.

St George did well to hang in there in spite of their ineptitude but that call against de Belin proved a bridge too far. While we're on the subject - de Belin and Rein were awful. For Rein, that isn't anything new, he's just a bench hooker who's been able to forge a decent career at a mediocre club. However, I thought de Belin could be a smokey for Origin if he hit the ground running. One game in and he looks more suitable to the residents format.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
That was a horrific refereeing performance honestly, so many blatantly incorrect calls against the Dragons..

Nothing worse than picking a massive upset and only losing because of home crowd influenced refereeing decisions.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Which incorrect calls?

I didn't see anything other than the de Belin play-the-ball infringement where it's usually a 50/50 call most days.

Beyond that, I thought the Dragons were the beneficiaries of some calls late in the contest. The Dragons were lucky to get away with the Creagh offload situation and it appeared Frizel pushed Koroibete when they were competing for the football. I was fine with both calls but they could have gone the other way.

From what I saw, the Dragons lost because they made too many errors and just didn't have the combinations to make Melbourne pay.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Which incorrect calls?

I didn't see anything other than the de Belin play-the-ball infringement where it's usually a 50/50 call most days.

Beyond that, I thought the Dragons were the beneficiaries of some calls late in the contest. The Dragons were lucky to get away with the Creagh offload situation and it appeared Frizel pushed Koroibete when they were competing for the football. I was fine with both calls but they could have gone the other way.

From what I saw, the Dragons lost because they made too many errors and just didn't have the combinations to make Melbourne pay.
The one that comes to mind was the Widdop "Forward pass" early in the second half, which was literally a metre backwards, even the commentators weren't sure what the call was for.

Also, the De Belin "Knock-on" with about 10 minutes to go, went about a metre backwards.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Ah yep, the Widdop call was horrible.

I could be wrong, but it appeared as if de Belin lost it forward into a Storm player before it went backwards.

Unbreakable

International Rep
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Ah yep, the Widdop call was horrible.

I could be wrong, but it appeared as if de Belin lost it forward into a Storm player before it went backwards.
Yeah I think the de Belin call was wrong, watched it back a few times, he was facing his own in goal when he lost it, impossible for him to have knocked it forward into a Storm player from where he was.

Oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.