Round 1 Discussion

Guess you've Never seen the QLD fans pissing and vomiting in the stands, throwing beer, swearing at their kids, coming of the buses fuelled up on bendy rum and XXXX on Origin night.

Bendy rum? Never heard of it. Is that a Redfern drink?

Also, coming of the buses? Sounds gross.

Great work from JT there, read the play perfectly, got himself back into the field of play and earned the penalty.

The Cronulla chase was lackadaisical but credit where it's due, that's why JT gets the wraps he does.

Guess you've Never seen the QLD fans pissing and vomiting in the stands, throwing beer, swearing at their kids, coming of the buses fuelled up on bendy rum and XXXX on Origin night.

3d72f264b0cf2e7ad14d4eafd894c101fb52afd6e68f74af079d2ff93a495be3.jpg

Silly kick there from Maloney.

13 minutes to go, 40m out it's too early to go for a field goal.

Just hoist a bomb up, back your kick and chase and go forward.

Cows on the front foot now.

Huge play from Wade Graham to get to the ball and bring it back to the field of play.

Too bad Fifita has to ruin it with a dumb pass.

The Cows should put this one to bed here.

Or not, Prior forces a mistake here.

Last edited:
Too much possession there for the Cowboys.

Good try to Lowe and that should wrap it up for the Cowboys.

A real absorbing affair, Cows will be happy to start the season on the right note.

Pretty poor effort there from Wade Graham. Fatigue definitely played it's part but he just went too high and Lowe was able to capitilise.

Cowboys 20
Sharks 14

5 to go.

Last edited:
In my opinion that try was a double movement from Lowe.

Fifita looks absolutely shattered.

Huge effort from Coote - wasn't the technique you'd want but the application was top notch.

Overall, I thought that was one of the better games of footy. Sure, it wasn't as entertaining as the previous clashes, but in terms of defence, teams getting through their sets etc. I don't think anything came close to touching it.

I think the Sharks can hold their heads up high here. They fought back from a 12-0 scoreline that could have easily been 18-0 and made a real contest of it. They kept it extremely simple, but it was working for them and if they had have been a little smarter with their fifth tackle options they would have walked away with the points.

Unfortunately, they came up against the defending champions who showed some great mettle tonight. There were some real championship signs in the Cowboys play, in particular in the dying stages where their kicking game gave the Sharks very little to work with. It's still a long road to go, but right now there's nothing to suggest they won't be there again.

Good stuff all-round.

I thought JT looked very stiff at times, like he was carrying an injury. Gonna be a long season for him, mental strength will have to get him through.
1st games are always hard to gauge, give it a month to sort the silk from the shit

How did Barba go?

From what I could see he had a solid game with no errors. The Sharks will be a dangerous team with Barba at fullback. Surprisingly the Cowboys forward pack really did a good job containing the Sharks. I think they had a few injuries during the match though.

Looking forward to seeing how Cook goes. Personally think he's a lot better hooker than friggin McInness.

Also "cheering" for the Souffs too I guess. **** the Roosters. :takdir:

Last edited:
Yeah hoping Souths win but also hoping someone puts a big shot on Burgess.

Despite both teams, but I'm going with the rorters.

Souths by4. Will be good to see Sam B put on his ass haha. Good luck to Copley & Nikorima .
Loving the footy :-D

Hate to say it but the Rorters should get home here.

Pretty poor crowd for a high profile game.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.