Round 1 Discussion

It's been a real positive night for the Titans thus far.

Bird has reminded everyone how important he is to the team, the vets have come up with some big plays particularly in defence and Ash Taylor's kicking game has held up well.

Only disappointment so far has been Ryan James. For a player that's been involved in so many rep squads, none of it appears to have rubbed off on him.

Fantastic win from the Titans but gee the Knights are an ordinary team. They should win the wooden spoon comfortably.

Score one for the bad guys.

Poor Newcastle, somehow they look even worse than they did last year. The Feeney experiment didn't pay off here and I can't see it lasting too much longer. With that said, it was the likes of Mullen and Snowden that really set the scene for the Knights.

The best thing Brown could do for the club is to sack Mullen, promote Lamb and rebuild.

Oh and get Levi into the team, but I'm sure he already knew that.

Score one for the bad guys.

Poor Newcastle, somehow they look even worse than they did last year. The Feeney experiment didn't pay off here and I can't see it lasting too much longer. With that said, it was the likes of Mullen and Snowden that really set the scene for the Knights.

The best thing Brown could do for the club is to sack Mullen, promote Lamb and rebuild.

Oh and get Levi into the team, but I'm sure he already knew that.

They should probably put Gagai at fullback. He is their best player now. He will at least give them some confidence down back.

titans looked very good especially agnatius paasi, zeb tai and david shillington they set the game uo trough the middle with hard metres and solid tackles also thought Greg bird was outstanding!

He wasn't bad by any means, but how did Bird get MOTM?

Bird was the best playmaker on the field and made a real difference in the middle of the field.

I thought he was a safe choice.

Bird was deserving of man of the match but I gave it to Taia or Paasi

Bird was the best playmaker on the field and made a real difference in the middle of the field.

I thought he was a safe choice.
Paasi, Shillo, Don... all better imo.

Yes, Taia was very good too.

Paasi, Taia, Shillo all good.

But not better than Bird.

Bird was actually more involved than I thought

21 Runs
27 Tackles
2 Try Assists
4 Offloads

Yes, he's a stain on the Titans but I can't disagree with Fox's choice on this occasion.

Didn't know Fox did MOM as well as 9. Good win by the Titans but the Knights were shocking especially in the second half, their second half performance was one of the worst I've seen for a quite a while.

On the subject of MOM you could've given it to a few different Titans players and nobody would've argued with it. Paasi, Ta'i and Shillington did play well but Bird was a fair winner for mine. Was always looking for work through the middle, made 150 meters from 19 runs coupled with 4 offloads and 2 try and line break assists he is a good enough winner for mine.

Yo Bman, what would your team of the week look like?

People never used to debate the MOTM awards much at all. Usually it's only a bit during Origin, and usually it's just "Oh, it's Smith/Thurston/Myles again". I guess it's only because it's Bird.

People never used to debate the MOTM awards much at all. Usually it's only a bit during Origin, and usually it's just "Oh, it's Smith/Thurston/Myles again". I guess it's only because it's Bird.

Nearly every motm is debated on here...

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Griffo
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • achievedrap
  • K-Style
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.