Round 1 Discussion

There's a specific player the Roosters are running at and scoring almost every time. I just can't pinpoint who it is.

50 point shellacking in Round 1 might be on the cards

Taylor is shit in defence.

Can't read the play and can't tackle when he does.

Taylor isn't the main culprit, in fact he's done a good job on Cordner.

Hurrell on the other hand...

I cant actually believe how poor Hayne is. He has the look of a man who just doesnt want to be there.

Agree with that. Cordner is a handful for anyone. Any half would need a bit of help with him.

I cant actually believe how poor Hayne is. He has the look of a man who just doesnt want to be there.
Easy money for him, Titans enjoyed the initial high of him joining the club, didn't take much longer for it to drop off and doesnt look like anything has changed. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of resentment towards him in the player ranks.

Easy money for him, Titans enjoyed the initial high of him joining the club, didn't take much longer for it to drop off and doesnt look like anything has changed.

I'd get him out tbh. He isnt comitted to them.

Agree with that. Cordner is a handful for anyone. Any half would need a bit of help with him.

Strangely his worst effort was actually on Keary, that was Milford on Townsend esque.

I completely forgot that Henry picked an awful 17 for this clash. Roberts at starting hooker? Pulu at lock? Zillman in the side? The Roosters started well, but they've usually been a side that capitulates really easily when things go against them. Whoever failed to find touch hindered whatever chance the Titans had.

Sydney are looking slick, they definitely deserve to be the talk of town. In saying that, the Titans defence is flattering them. Hurrell on Mitchell is a mismatch and the ruck defence from Wallace, Roberts and Pulu has been poor.

I'd get him out tbh. He isnt comitted to them.
Agreed, from the start I had my concerns about the Titans signing him, mentally I didnt think he would be committed and given the hard work the playing group put in to improve and get them that far, it became all about the hayne train and making way for him. Not long into the offseason and there was already talk he was looking elsewhere. I maybe wrong but I think the longer he remains the more toxic he will be.

Bullshit.

It's not Hurrell that keeps missing his assignment.

Superstar Taylor is being exposed in defence.

Anyone can have a good rookie year. Years 2, 3 etc are the ones that count (ps Cleary and Martin were shit against the

My favourite bit was where the future immortal couldn't find touch from a penalty...

Bullshit.

It's not Hurrell that keeps missing his assignment.

Superstar Taylor is being exposed in defence.

Anyone can have a good rookie year. Years 2, 3 etc are the ones that count (ps Cleary and Martin were shit against the

Outside of the Keary try, all those tries can be put down on Hurrell jamming in and giving Mitchell far too much room.

The scoreline would actually be a lot worse if Anthony Don didn't cover for Konrad and bat the ball out.

It's not exactly an off game for Hurrell either. His defence has always been an issue for him, which is why the Warriors didn't want a bar of him.

**** off Mitchell you greedy ****.

Outside of the Keary try, all those tries can be put down on Hurrell jamming in and giving Mitchell far too much room.

The scoreline would actually be a lot worse if Anthony Don didn't cover for Konrad and bat the ball out.

It's not exactly an off game for Hurrell either. His defence has always been an issue for him, which is why the Warriors didn't want a bar of him.

Last try of the first half was Taylor missing his assignment. Let his man outside him.

He kept doing it all first half - meaning Hurrell had to jam in.

Taylor completely stuffed their right side defence by letting his man outside of him.

Worst part he seems to have absolutely no understanding of defence...watch him turn in (his shoulders don't stay square to the attacking line).

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.