Round 1 Discussion

Last try of the first half was Taylor missing his assignment. Let his man outside him.

You're right about that actually, I didn't see that Henry completely changed the formation and had Hayne-Taylor-Hurrell defending alongside one another in the front-line. Another dumb coaching decision, why would you 'hide' your injured player in the centres? It's one of the most difficult defensive positions in the game...that's poor stuff all-round.

He kept doing it all first half - meaning Hurrell had to jam in.

The problem is Hurrell kept putting himself in no-man's land. Halves getting on the outside of their opposite is hardly unique to Taylor, the difference is the outside defence knows how to assist. There were times where Hurrell put himself in no-man's land like the first Mitchell try. Look at it and try and tell me who he was trying to tackle.

Taylor wasn't great, but to pin all the blame on him is incorrect, Hurrell had just as many positional and defensive issues as well...and at least Taylor was able to contain Cordner and even forced a mistake out of him. I can't say the same about Konrad.

Also the assertion that he was to blame for those first half tries was wrong given one of them happened down the Titans left fringe and one right up the ruck.

EDIT: I wish I knew how to post GIFs. Hurrell's effort at 23 minutes is nearly as funny as Keary's god awful grubber.

Last edited:
I hope Newcastle aim up. I want to see them play out of their skins and defy the critics.

I hope Newcastle aim up. I want to see them play out of their skins and defy the critics.
Ditto.

Can't help but wish them some success after last year. Despite being a NSW heartland club, they don't have any players I despise.

Would be hilarious if they rolled the Warriors. Shoddy effort from them in defusing that kick, and the Knights are on the board.

Kearney is going to need to light a fire under these warriors, they look poor.

Getting my wish, Newcastle playing very well.

They genuinely had a go in every game last year despite their record. You can't fault their commitment.

8-0 so far so good for them

Scrappy scrappy scrappy. Still, Knights making decent metres and Lamb has put up some decent kicks.

And here comes the Warriors.

Found their rhythm it seems. Hope the Knights can get back into the groove second half but it's a tall ask.

Now the Warriors have that points buffer they'll chance their arm a bit. Likely to rack up the tries from here.

Knights have hit the lead with 15 to go. Tipped the Warriors but I would like to see the Knights win.

If Parramatta win it will be the first time in 70 years they've beaten Manly 6 times in a row

So weird seeing J Hoffman playing for the Eels

Am i the only one who think Norman is now a better player than Hunt?

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.