Round 1 Discussion

Imagine if we actually got Cam Smith when we were rumoured to be hunting for him in like 2011 or 12 or whatever.

Melbourne very well could be the next team to win consecutive premierships.

It's like they haven't skipped a beat. It's just business as usual and they are getting it done the way they do best.

Happens every year with the premiers, get off to a great start and then start to slow down as the year goes on.

Happens every year with the premiers, get off to a great start and then start to slow down as the year goes on.

Yeah but most premiers are one rung or a percentage above their opposition. Last year Melbourne were three levels above everyone else. So even coming down a peg or two, they are right up there.

The only ones who can challenge are the Cows.

Yeah but most premiers are one rung or a percentage above their opposition. Last year Melbourne were three levels above everyone else. So even coming down a peg or two, they are right up there.

Bold calls for round 1.

The Roosters will challenge as well. Their roster is just too good for them not to have a say in the proceedings of 2018. Others like Parramatta and Cronulla will poke their nose in occasionally.

Bold calls for round 1.

Here's my even bolder call - The Dragons will make the prelims. They are far better than people are giving them credit for. They got rid of an overpaid idiot in Dugan and bought in quality in Graham and Hunt. The thing about Graham is, he brings what so many are saying Bird will bring to the Broncs - desire and no willingness to accept mediocrity. They are a very, very good side. I would have them top 5 right now and if they can avoid their usual hitting of the wall, they will absolutely be a force come finals.

The Roosters will challenge as well. Their roster is just too good for them not to have a say in the proceedings of 2018. Others like Parramatta and Cronulla will poke their nose in occasionally.

Yeah I agree that there are other sides that can be there or thereabouts but come finals, I just don't see anyone being able to lift to what the Cows and Storm can. That said, a lot will depend on injuries and in my opinion, Parra are the really tough side to place. If they click, they are the other team that can challenge for sure. If they don't click fast enough, they may not get there at all.

So I'd have the top four looking like this - 1. Cows, 2. Storm, 3. Eels, 4. Roosters, 5. Dragons

Yes, it is just round one and yes, I will probably end up looking like an idiot.

I still reckon the Sharks will be in there, too much talent on that team to not make the top 5.

Cronulla's forwards are really strong and gritty. They'll be tough every game this year.

I do agree on your general premise but anyone can be beaten and they have a rookie halfback. We have no clue how he will go over a full season and finals.

Actually the premiers tend to get off to a bit of a sluggish start, with all of the extra traveling they do in the pre-season.

Actually the premiers tend to get off to a bit of a sluggish start, with all of the extra traveling they do in the pre-season.
Storm didn't have to travel for the world club challenge this year though because Cameron smith told greenberg he didn't want too. Greenberg also gave him a testimonial while he's still playing in a different teams city that doesn't go under the salary cap to apologise to c smith for causing him stress

Aidan Sezer benched by the Raiders..

@Wayne Bennett

Get on the phone!

Suck shit Hayne. Also lol @ moses committing an obvious professional foul and whinging about it, on your bike son.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • westy316
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.