Round 1 Discussion

did the Bulldogs forget to do catching practice during the off season

DWZ has really answered the challenge this second half, he's runs coming out of trouble have all been strong.

Someone score a try already.
[automerge]1584008823[/automerge]
Greedy

Last edited:
Apart from Brown, the Eels middle is officially shit.

I can’t believe there’s 20mins left. Make it stop.

Is this the same team that flogged us last year? FMD this game is shiiiite

looks like the Bulldogs didn't workout how to score during the off season ...

The dogs attack reminds me of the broncos rot. 5 settlers and a bomb all game, until the end then throw a Hail Mary.
mic we dish this up I’ll be furious.

It may not seem like it, but that was a good win for the Eels. In years gone by, they would have been frustrated into submission and shot themselves in the foot. While they couldn't find their rhythm, defensively they stood resolute and were able to beat the Bulldogs at their own game.

Their try was far from convincing, but I take a lot more stock into how it was set up. Moses feigned the percentage kick, played some footy instead and the gamble came off with RFM spilling it. It just gave the Eels another shot they otherwise would have struggled to get and they made the most of it.

I thought DWZ had a much better second half after being quiet in the first. I thought he just about cracked them in the dying minutes, but it took a great tackle from Brown to stop him. I didn't even mind the pass, granted it didn't come off and he could have assessed the situation better, but the lesson should be about supporting the ball carrier and extending the play. My only real criticism was his effort on the Mahoney try. It's similar to Darius where he may have been long odds, but you still have to take them off and do your best.

I thought Paulo was the pick of the Eels. They missed him as soon as he came off and he seemed like the most likely player on the field. I can't remember the last time I saw three players try and put a shoulder charge on one occassion, he really had them spooked.

I was impressed with To'omaga for the Bulldogs. Was a real handful with the football and I believe it was him who came up with that great tackle just before half-time. I thought a few of the Bulldogs players got bullied tonight, To'omaga helped swing things around.

If the Eels game is anything to go by, the referees are going to have to crunch down on kick chasers. I noticed everytime Gutherson had a competition he'd take his chances and would leap early either to get the best shot at the kick or to put DWZ off.

lmao good start for Taylor. If Wighton keeps running at him he might have another breakdown.

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Ondi
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Painin the Haas
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • mitch222
  • maddo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Rowdy124
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.