Round 1 Discussion

Just leave the Warriors out for the year. It's not like they were gonna win the comp.

That's true lol.
Though how would you deal with the teams who are scheduled to play them in their schedules? If each team played them the same number of times, you could just count it as a bye, but some have to play twice and some just the one time.

Warriors create history with the first successful NRL challenge.

I hope @Huge doesn't read the Broncos website. I'm sure they've stuffed up the spelling of 'Debutantes'.

Good stuff from Souths, under the pump early but Gagai defused a kick well, Jimmy made a tough run and with their first real attacking opportunity bent the Sharks back. A pretty poor miss by Graham in the end, I'm not entirely sure why he positioned himself the way he did but Reynolds responded perfectly to score their opening six points.

They were looking ragged early. Had a 50/50 go against them with Mulitalo and were getting bent back pretty easily. That take from Gagai steadied the ship and they've made the most of it.

Souths nearly went back to back. A nice fake out play from Reynolds to dummy the kick and open up some space for Walker. They nearly scored a remarkable try off of it but the Sharks did well to scramble.

A bit unlucky with the captain's challenge. It appeared Johnson got a touch but there wasn't enough vision to catagorically say he did. So far, the captain's challenge has been utilised well.

So far, the captain's challenge has been utilised well.
Not really. I'd be saving it for the last 20mins unless absolutely certain an obvious howler has occurred. Pretty much every captain has gone off early.

Not really. I'd be saving it for the last 20mins unless absolutely certain an obvious howler has occurred. Pretty much every captain has gone off early.

I meant from the video referees and how they're supporting the referees. We're not seeing 50/50 calls over-turned turning it into a lottery.

It isn't like how they introduced the try/no try system and straight away over-turned a 50/50 decision.

Last edited:
Silly from the Jet, a completely unnecessary sin-bin and the Sharks score their first try where he'd be defending.

Souths were doing it quite comfortably before hand. They should have put more points on the scoreboard than what they have.

Last edited:
Roberts and souffs are showing what will happen to them all year. A team full of Muppets who think they are top shit, will be prone to brain explosions and hissy fits against the smart teams (Melbourne and roosters). Also control their starting pack and they have NOTHING with their bench rotation middles

Great kick from Walker and Souths score off the back of it.

Anytime Cook gets out of dummy half it just puts the defence on edge and opens up space out-wide. Ethan Lowe, another former Cowboy with a new lease on life, sums it up easily for Graham.

There you have it, Souths nullify the six points Cronulla scored and go in with a healthy 8 point lead.

Roberts and souffs are showing what will happen to them all year. A team full of Muppets who think they are top shit, will be prone to brain explosions and hissy fits against the smart teams (Melbourne and roosters). Also control their starting pack and they have NOTHING with their bench rotation middles
It was interesting that Bennett took all three off at 25 minutes.

Million dollar Latrell with 5 touches in the game, hooked with 25 mins to go. Lolz.

I missed the first half but Latrell at fullback seems like a dud move so far.

He just doesn't get involved enough and doesn't seem fit enough either.

Seems pointless to have a fullback who can only 60 minutes as well.

That's the type of play Cronulla can come up with. They've been their own worst enemy at times this afternoon and then Johnson will lay on an inch perfect pass and the winger will scream onto it to score a try not many in the competition would.

Katoa again with a great finish.

They're the most frustrating team in the competition. They'll have patches where they can beat anyone in the competition. Then they'll go through 40 minute periods where they don't even look like professional football players.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosMan
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • BooKhaki
  • Kev_Guz
  • Manifesto
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.