Round 1 Discussion

I missed the first half but Latrell at fullback seems like a dud move so far.

He just doesn't get involved enough and doesn't seem fit enough either.

Seems pointless to have a fullback who can only 60 minutes as well.

Its going to take him months to get fullback fit if he is dedicated,

Wow, Souths saved by a forward pass.

Cronulla were all over them near the death, a couple of big plays at opportune times saved them. That hit by Knight in particular was a beauty.

Its going to take him months to get fullback fit if he is dedicated,

If you've been pushing to play fullback for awhile then you should probably work on your fitness even before you get the job.

I don't think latrell is dedicated enough. He just thinks his natural talent will do.

If you've been pushing to play fullback for awhile then you should probably work on your fitness even before you get the job.

I don't think latrell is dedicated enough. He just thinks his natural talent will do.

I have my doubts, we will see though. Good thing for Souths i guess is if he doesnt show the required dedication he only has a short contract.

So far the Roosters are showing no signs of a premiership hangover. They've made a few errors but they're still playing with the same intensity as before.

Penrith just can't go with them at the moment.

Well that's one way to get on the board, bring the line up and execute an inch perfect kick for your chasers.

Good play from Luai there. I've always had concerns he was a one dimensional runner who can bounce out of tackles without necessarily going forward. I think the Roosters under estimated him as well and he made them pay.

Huge blow for Penrith, Kikau looks to have done his shoulder.

Looks like Kikau may have pulled off a Latrell style recovery.

He looked gone coming off the field. Apparently he told the trainers he heard a crack and he could barely pick his arm up. However, he's got the jersey back on and looks like he could make a return.

Last edited:
Seriously don't understand why you'd take the two points when you're down by more than two points.

Even if you kick the goal, you still have to work it out of your territory and keep the opposition inside of theirs. That's 10 potential plays you can mess up and you're still under pressure to score points.

The pendulum has really swung this second half.

Penrith exploited Ikuvalu's injury to send Mansour down the left edge and he came up with the perfect kick to find Crichton.

Then Cleary got outside of his opposite to give Kikau a saloon passage to the line.

I've really enjoyed all the footy this round - probably the most I've watched in ages.

Shame it'll all go to shit over the next few months, but some things are bigger than footy.

Good shit Panthers.

Are Roosters going to feel the loss of Cronk and Mitchell? I don’t think they were that important but I feel like the Roosters felt their loss tonight.

Good shit Panthers.

Are Roosters going to feel the loss of Cronk and Mitchell? I don’t think they were that important but I feel like the Roosters felt their loss tonight.

I think they are pretty big losses. Mitchell is the best centre in the game, and even if he didn't score tries or make breaks, he created more headaches for the defence by just being there, potentially giving Tedesco and Keary more options.

And while I think Cronk was a bit overrated in what he brought to the Roosters, it's a pretty big drop in experience going from him to Flanagan, and Keary is going to have to carry more on his shoulders.

They aren't quite as important as Keary or Tedesco, but probably in that 2nd tier with Cordner, SST and Manu.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.