Round 1 Discussion

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Funny how you can take a dislike to certain players.
I can't stand Ronaldo Mulitalo. The way he carries on after a try just shits me.
Easily my most disliked in the comp.

Last edited:
PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
I'm still holding out hope that this round was a learning experience for the competition. Even by Round 1 standards, I thought the standard was pretty poor and none of the contests made for great viewing. I miss watching teams going set for set against one another, it's just one way traffic and when the other team gets their 'turn' they're too exhausted to do anything.

I don't think the officials are blowing enough set restarts either, the better teams are the ones that bend the rules the most. We saw again this afternoon with the Raiders who stood offside the entire game knowing they could risk it.

My fear is that it will end up like last year where the only hint of a surprise was how overly-predictible it was. I want to see a team like Wests Tigers 2000 or North Queensland 2006 where they look dominant early but the competition lifts around them and suddenly the wins aren't coming so easily anymore.

I fear for the competition if it ends up like 2020.
The set restarts are ridiculous, seems to favour the good teams.
When the struggling teams work over a player or get tangled untentionally, the 6 again bell chimes within 3secs. The favoured teams infringe, no restart unless it takes a while longer, maybe over 5secs max.

When the score is already a blowout, the 6 agains come thick and fast for the trailing team. eg 18pts behind, and in the last 30sec, WTG had 2 awarded to them...that shit was the final straw, all enthusiasm for opening round extinguished, didn't bother to watch the DRA-SHA match.

S

scobie

QCup Player
Sep 1, 2017
Was really impressed with Luciano Leilua for the Tigers. Never stopped ripping in, even when the game was long gone. Just competes on every play. Few dumb things with offloads, but he's all heart.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Funny how you can take a dislike to certain players.
I can't stand Ronaldo Mulitalo. The way he carries on after a try just shits me.
Easily my most disliked in the comp.

Along with running in to throw a punch late in the scrap following the Dufty hit.

He's got form being a total flog with stuff like that and the try carry ons

Active Now

• kman
  • marw
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • PeterBarne
  • Aldo
  • Morkel
  • TimWhatley
  • Justwin
  • Rough and Ready
  • Wolfie
  • Hoof Hearted
  • I bleed Maroon
  • sooticus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.