PRE-GAME Round 1 - Dragons vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i find a bit odd is naming Kahu at left center if Bird is coming back in a few weeks in that position.

personally, i would have left Kahu on the wing if he was only going to move back there is 3 or 4 weeks.

having said that, i really rate Kahu as a center ... in fact if he were to remain their he could become a gun for us IMO. I'm not too worried about his defence, as his defensive issues were in a big part due to moving around the back line (between wing, fullback and center ... left and right side) doing that can throw your timing off, given some consistency in the position, he will be fine defensively

Maybe they see a weakness down the Dragons right hand side they feel Kahu is better equipped to deal with. Like you though, I feel its a bit odd to move a winger for a few weeks, unless Bird isnt going into the centers after all.

The whole Oates thing is interesting. Maybe they are happy enough to let him go if he doesn't want to play wing.
Maybe he spends this year transitioning during the game. If the conditions are right. Sua goes to centre. Kahu to wing. Oates into the pack. 50minute mark when we're up by 14.

Mmmm, Tagatese in the extended squad ! Wonder if I'll see my prediction come true..he he

What i find a bit odd is naming Kahu at left center if Bird is coming back in a few weeks in that position.

personally, i would have left Kahu on the wing if he was only going to move back there is 3 or 4 weeks.

having said that, i really rate Kahu as a center ... in fact if he were to remain their he could become a gun for us IMO. I'm not too worried about his defence, as his defensive issues were in a big part due to moving around the back line (between wing, fullback and center ... left and right side) doing that can throw your timing off, given some consistency in the position, he will be fine defensively

I have huge reservations about his defence.... Hopefully he has learnt a few things in the off season, on not planting feet too early, and not reaching.

I have huge reservations about his defence.... Hopefully he has learnt a few things in the off season, on not planting feet too early, and not reaching.

I'm hoping the whole team has been working hard on defence as last season was pretty poor at times

I really like how Su’A is in the team he really deserved it after the trials.

Find a nice remote holiday Lodge, move in then stay there.

The hour is almost upon us!

Feel this is going to be a tight, relative low scoring game. Lots to prove for other teams, and ball security will be at a premium.

Would not be surprised if St George have the better running of it for most of the match, with the Jet or Milf saving us with a moment of brilliance.
I disagree. I see us scoring a lot of points. The way we play, we aren't a conservative team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.