PRE-GAME Round 1 - Dragons vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noddy has written us off....Toovey looked like he was about to call him a dickhead for doing so....

Remember 2015, 2017....both years the experts said we would struggle...experts don’t know shit.

Noddy has written us off....Toovey looked like he was about to call him a dickhead for doing so....

Remember 2015, 2017....both years the experts said we would struggle...experts don’t know shit.

So Top 8 confirmed then??

Maybe they are just waiting for Bird to come back.

Not that I agree with these ‘experts’ because they are far too wrong to do so, but even Ennis stated it will come down to whether our halves can perform as a decent halves combination, or whether they play like two ball runners.

If Milf and Knick play well, we’ll be fine, if not... Now that is the case with most teams if your halves don’t fire, you generally do nothing, but it is a genuine unknown at this point, that will make a huge difference to our season.

What a load of rubbish. He dropped one awkward pass. I really dont think you even watch games at times. I think most of our players at some point made errors. His defence was solid as usual, and unlike our left center from last season, he actually gave the ball to the winger.

I always thought and said so that I thought Kahu would be left center. I just think Tom has been a bit unlucky. He didnt really do anything wrong, we have just gone with another option.

Opacic is still out of the side.

Not that I agree with these ‘experts’ because they are far too wrong to do so, but even Ennis stated it will come down to whether our halves can perform as a decent halves combination, or whether they play like two ball runners.

If Milf and Knick play well, we’ll be fine, if not... Now that is the case with most teams if your halves don’t fire, you generally do nothing, but it is a genuine unknown at this point, that will make a huge difference to our season.
I'm pretty sure you could say that of every team barring the cowboys, who got by, missing one of theirs. Take the premier half out of the equation of most teams and they struggle. It's like saying water is wet.
We should be fine, as the team got by last year, and if anything we are much more stable there this year.
I think stability in halves and spine to a lesser degree is far more important than most people realise. An ok half left for a season can work, so long as the roles are covered, and ours are a lot better than most.

So kahu at centre? He's gonna kill it this season.

A Sydney journalist LITERALLY just said this on nrl tonight on Foxtel:

In regards to Paul green backing Todd carney "a man of his stature in the game wouldn't back him if he wasn't doing the right things and wasn't sure he was a changed man"

About bennett with lodge "he is gambling his legacy on this"

Hahahaha I was expecting him to laugh after saying those lines close together. Bennett has won 7 X the premierships of green, coached rep teams, TAUGHT green (green often mentions what respect he has for him), and has been in the game since green was in nappies. How can he possibly use it to justify one way then forget about it for the other near identical circumstance

And, I actually hope Matt lodge wins the dally m this year and he gets a standing ovation every Suncorp game. It has gotten ridiculous. He has copped more then any girl basher/glasses, rapist, sexual assaulted or greivous bodily harmer in the history of the nrl. I didn't before but I actually feel sorry for the guy now. The punishment has far exceeded the crime now. People are acting like this pressure wouldn't have any effect on the guy & his family. I'd be near suicidal, and so would the journalists applying this pressure-its nearly 3 years ago and he did the punishment the law gave him AND then some!

Opacic is still out of the side.

He is, but your analysis is way off if you. If we are going to rule out players who dropped the ball, Issako totally missed a bomb in the game at Theodore, so he would be out. And he wouldn't be the only one.

Like i say, I wonder if you even watch some of the performances. I think you just jump on the bangwagon of any player who gets a bit of hype behind them.

Kahu has the runs on the board in the NRL, and that's why I felt early on he would get the nod at center. Yep, I do think Tom is unlucky, but that's the way it goes. Its up to Kahu and Issako to perform now.

He is, but your analysis is way off if you. If we are going to rule out players who dropped the ball, Issako totally missed a bomb in the game at Theodore, so he would be out. And he wouldn't be the only one.

Like i say, I wonder if you even watch some of the performances. I think you just jump on the bangwagon of any player who gets a bit of hype behind them.

Kahu has the runs on the board in the NRL, and that's why I felt early on he would get the nod at center. Yep, I do think Tom is unlucky, but that's the way it goes. Its up to Kahu and Issako to perform now.

I also said he didn’t play as well as he could of not just he fucked up a try.

It's funny watching the media back track with the Matt lodge situation. It went from "a player like that shouldn't be in the game"-what about Greg bird, Russell packer and the other countless worse?....

"Well, he should show some remorse!". What about the letter he sent to the victims and the countless times he has said sorry, as well as an attempt to pay the victims despite no Australian law forcing him too?

"Well then he should pay his dues before he come see back in The game!"
What about the work he is doing with youth above and beyond his legal obligation, and the fact he sat out 2 years like packer did and bird never did?

"Well then...... the broncos and nrl should be more transparent!"...... why?..... "um, because it makes us more comfortable!" (So media shoots at uni win them over, lodge has done multiple interviews and white has talked about the process haha)

Yep... so in the end everyone, we need to make the journalists feel combfortable with any decision made or it wrong and the player should be harassed for the rest of his career...

I also said he didn’t play as well as he could of not just he fucked up a try.

He played fine. Some of his defence was great, he worked well with Oates while he was on the wing. And he didn't really stuff up a try against the Hunters. It wasnt the greatest pass to him even though he could have done a little better. He played like he usually plays, solid and reliable.

Kahu give us more creativity at center, we just need to see if he can be a bit more durable there now.

What i find a bit odd is naming Kahu at left center if Bird is coming back in a few weeks in that position.

personally, i would have left Kahu on the wing if he was only going to move back there is 3 or 4 weeks.

having said that, i really rate Kahu as a center ... in fact if he were to remain their he could become a gun for us IMO. I'm not too worried about his defence, as his defensive issues were in a big part due to moving around the back line (between wing, fullback and center ... left and right side) doing that can throw your timing off, given some consistency in the position, he will be fine defensively

The hour is almost upon us!

Feel this is going to be a tight, relative low scoring game. Lots to prove for other teams, and ball security will be at a premium.

Would not be surprised if St George have the better running of it for most of the match, with the Jet or Milf saving us with a moment of brilliance.

I think people are reading too much into the Oates situation.

I highly doubt Bennett is going to pull the pin based on a couple of trial games, trial games he reportedly did well in. You cannot play on the wing for several years and then successfully transition into the backrow instantly. It takes time to be able to adjust to the new position, more than a couple of trial games.

We have to remember Bird is out with injury.

If Bird comes back and Oates is still on the wing, I would say there could be concern. Until then, it looks like Oates is temporarily on the wing until Bird comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.