PRE-GAME Round 1 - Dragons vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is what is confusing me as well. Why trial Opa (who appeared to play well) over Kahu only to then change it up in the season proper for the next month or so.

Kahu doesn't even play left side either so you'd think he'd want to be over there for trials to form a combination
I find he made a lot of errors in his trials...maybe that went against him.

Or the couriermail are just basing their team 1 lost off of what they saw team A lining up but Wayne was really giving Oppa a better trial against decent opposition? Also trialing both Pearson and Issako and not bothering with Kahu because he's a guarantee and he needed someone for Oppa to D against since we are currently light on decent centre options.

I feel it is the former.. but there's no guarantees until Thursday night run on

You blokes think you know more than Bennett and Walters. It's quite hilarious.

You blokes think you know more than Bennett and Walters. It's quite hilarious.

you do realize this is a discussion forum right ... people are discussing what they think will happen ... you do the same thing yourself ...

it would be a very quite board if we have to wait for Bennett and Walters to act before we are allowed to discuss things

I'm thinking he will play first receiver in good ball attacking sets which is what we should be wanting. The more milf gets his hands on the ball the better.

Game management in terms of the get out sets is a team collective with Kodi doing the cruise control. To me if Milf wants it then his call should override pretty much everything else no matter position on the field.

This is what we should be wanting and hoping for from Milf. You don't want milf only touching the ball once or twice inside the 20, because nothing was on... you want him taking over and touching as much as possible.

Agreed, he should get the ball when and where he wants it as the leader of this team.. I just don't want him trying too hard with no space or room to move, defences rushing up on him and him feeling like he has to be in at first receiver 'ball playing' rather than receiving clean ball in good space to play his natural game.

We'll find out soon enough, I have faith WB and Walters know how to utilise such a good attacking weapon properly. Hope he has a blinder of a year.

Hey guys, Darius hasn't emailed yet and missed some info along the week but when is the side announced? Sick of checking ...

Hey guys, Darius hasn't emailed yet and missed some info along the week but when is the side announced? Sick of checking ...
This afternoon at 4pm I believe.

If it's anything like last year then all teams are announced from 5pm (AEDT) Tuesday

Wasn't it earlier last year? Like 3pm or something?

Wasn't it earlier last year? Like 3pm or something?

Yeah it was 3pm last year. I remember posting the team lists an hour late because I thought it was 4pm but didn’t take daylight savings into account.

Yeah it was 3pm last year. I remember posting the team lists an hour late because I thought it was 4pm but didn’t take daylight savings into account.
Is it different this year?

I've just checked on Fox Sports, it's the same this year.

So the Broncos side will be named in 23 minutes.

giphy.gif

Round1Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.