PRE-GAME Round 1 - Dragons vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prefer Milf at 2nd... especially given all the talk of Knik taking on the organising, game managing role to allow Milf to play instinctively and free..

It could still happen. Might be bringing Kodi through as the organiser slowly

I'm sure Benny knows his weaknesses and will ensure the boys play accordingly. Two exceptionally good packs facing up to each other. I am biased but I think the Broncos will have their measure. I do hope Sua is playing I'd love to see him run over Hunt with his first hit up.

Prefer Milf at 2nd... especially given all the talk of Knik taking on the organising, game managing role to allow Milf to play instinctively and free..
I'm thinking he will play first receiver in good ball attacking sets which is what we should be wanting. The more milf gets his hands on the ball the better.

Game management in terms of the get out sets is a team collective with Kodi doing the cruise control. To me if Milf wants it then his call should override pretty much everything else no matter position on the field.

This is what we should be wanting and hoping for from Milf. You don't want milf only touching the ball once or twice inside the 20, because nothing was on... you want him taking over and touching as much as possible.

I disagree, I don't think Milford getting his hands on the ball in attacking position a lot is necessarily a good thing. It just looked so disorganised last year. Take your time, get your backline movements right so you don't look like a headless chook running around. I felt like last year we got a bit lucky because there was only 1 good side in the competition, the rest were mostly mediocre. And that's the side that completely shut down our attack.

I hope we put a belter of a scoreline on with Lodge making plenty of tackles and metres on Thursday just to shut the assholes down south up

I disagree, I don't think Milford getting his hands on the ball in attacking position a lot is necessarily a good thing. It just looked so disorganised last year. Take your time, get your backline movements right so you don't look like a headless chook running around. I felt like last year we got a bit lucky because there was only 1 good side in the competition, the rest were mostly mediocre. And that's the side that completely shut down our attack.

We were a far more dangerous team when Milford was taking control and getting his hands on the ball. It’s when he took a back seat is when we struggled and looked like headless chooks.

It’s a good thing.

We were a far more dangerous team when Milford was taking control and getting his hands on the ball. It’s when he took a back seat is when we struggled and looked like headless chooks.

It’s a good thing.
Yep watching broncos last year our worst periods were when milf stayed on his edge. When he played as first receiver the defence couldn't handle him.

The good news for us is that he played his best football with Kodi as his half partner. I dare say the majority of his time as a first receiver was with Kodi at halfback

I hope we put a belter of a scoreline on with Lodge making plenty of tackles and metres on Thursday just to shut the assholes down south up
Which reminds me - Broncos were paying $13 to win the premiership last time I looked - which is great value IMO. We are a screamer of a dark horse this year. But watch those odds shorten dramatically if we touch up the dragons in round one.

So... the time to put the money on the boys is now I reckon. I might put a lazy $50 on it. Anyone else having a bet?

Which reminds me - Broncos were paying $13 to win the premiership last time I looked - which is great value IMO. We are a screamer of a dark horse this year. But watch those odds shorten dramatically if we touch up the dragons in round one.

So... the time to put the money on the boys is now I reckon. I might put a lazy $50 on it. Anyone else having a bet?

It's been hovering at $12 on Sportsbet all off season, the 3rd best priced team for the premiership....Despite the same media that have been tearing us a new asshole over Lodge swearing black and blue we're gonna be lucky to even make the 8.

They'll probably increase their attacks on him if he plays well, hoping to put him off his game

It's been hovering at $12 on Sportsbet all off season, the 3rd best priced team for the premiership....Despite the same media that have been tearing us a new asshole over Lodge swearing black and blue we're gonna be lucky to even make the 8.

I don't think it's value. Looks about correct odds of us winning.

It’s a good thing.

I'm not convinced, he was in charge every time we played without Ben Hunt in the halves. We did look dangerous, but it looked like individual brilliance, there was no structure with Milford running the show. The whole "get your hands on the ball more" thing just reminds me of the mid to late 00s where they chucked centres at 5/8th and wingers at centre to get more ball. Basically, if Milford doesn't evolve his game and his brain, I don't think we'll be winning premierships with him running the show from first receiver.

I'd say good on Gasnier for speaking his mind despite heavy resistance to speak falsely. I appreciated the fact someone was not speaking deludedly for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • pennywisealfie
  • heartly87
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.