PRE-GAME Round 1 - Dragons vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Courier Mail, this will be the team for round 1 ...

BRONCOS ROUND 1 TEAM
1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jordan Kahu
4. James Roberts
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Sam Thaiday
10. Tevita Pangai Jr
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
BENCH
14. Andrew McCullough
15. Korbin Sims
16. Joe Ofanhengaue
17. Jaydn Su’A

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...a/news-story/b9f60e95227562d9af7a1e5e77314ced

I actually really like this team Su’A gets a chance early and can move Oates once Bird comes back. I also like having 2 ball playing props early on moving the ball around and wearing the opposition down.

I actually really like this team Su’A gets a chance early and can move Oates once Bird comes back. I also like having 2 ball playing props early on moving the ball around and wearing the opposition down.

I agree. I think the more I look at it the more it makes sense, it'll be huge for Su'A to get 4-5 weeks experience on the bench, then once Bird is fit you just throw him at left centre, move Kahu back to his wing and Isaako to the left wing with Oates moving to his preferred bench forward role.

Only thing that remains to be seen is what our starting props will be when Macca is 100%, I imagine this will only be a 1-2 week situation with Thaiday at hooker, but I can see him pushing TPJ back to the bench after that. If Tevita wants to keep that starting spot he's going to have to play the house down over the first 2 games.

I like the side. Sad for Oppa not to get a chance but so be it. I think, based on the trials, Su'a may not be the one to drop out once Macca and Bird are back at full fitness just quietly. There is so much competition for spots now, everyone has to be going gangbusters or you're cut.

I don’t understand Su’a on the bench. I would have rather seen Ofahengaue there TBH.

I don’t understand Su’a on the bench. I would have rather seen Ofahengaue there TBH.

he is there ... at least according to the team the CM named

Fox Sports predict a different side.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jamayne Isaako
3. James Roberts
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Jonus Pearson
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
9. Sam Thaiday
10. Matthew Lodge
11. Matt Gillett
12. Alex Glenn
13. Josh McGuire

14. Andrew McCullough
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Corey Oates
17. Tevita Pangai Jnr

CM didn't even say that the side they named was a prediction, straight up said "this will be the Broncos round 1 lineup"

Although from memory they said that Todd Murphy would be making his NRL debut in Round 1 less than 2 weeks ago, so who knows.

Fox Sports predict a different side.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jamayne Isaako
3. James Roberts
4. Jordan Kahu
5. Jonus Pearson
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
9. Sam Thaiday
10. Matthew Lodge
11. Matt Gillett
12. Alex Glenn
13. Josh McGuire

14. Andrew McCullough
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Corey Oates
17. Tevita Pangai Jnr

Think this side is more realistic than CM but I would have Oats in for Pearson and Su’A in his place on the bench.

Gonna make them Dragons our bitch again ;)

So how about this just to confuse everyone in the NRL:

7. KNik
4. Kahu
3. Roberts
11. Glenn
1. Boyd
12. Gillett
6. Milford
8. Lodge
14. McCullough
13. McGuire
17. Su’a
2. Oates
10. TPJ

5. Isaako
16. Sims
15. Joffa
9. Thaiday

I'm still finding it odd it appears we will be shifting Kahu to the centers after he played all the trials on the wing. Not that its necessarily a bad move, i just thought he would have played the trials at center.

Kahu's a vastly better winger than he is a centre.

I'm still finding it odd it appears we will be shifting Kahu to the centers after he played all the trials on the wing. Not that its necessarily a bad move, i just thought he would have played the trials at center.
Yeah this is what is confusing me as well. Why trial Opa (who appeared to play well) over Kahu only to then change it up in the season proper for the next month or so.

Kahu doesn't even play left side either so you'd think he'd want to be over there for trials to form a combination

Yeah this is what is confusing me as well. Why trial Opa (who appeared to play well) over Kahu only to then change it up in the season proper for the next month or so.

Kahu doesn't even play left side either so you'd think he'd want to be over there for trials to form a combination

He’s played there before though don’t forget. It was most likely a case of them already knowing what they get from Kahu there, where as Opa is a bit more of an unknown commodity and they wanted to give him an opportunity to shine.

I believe Opa has a slight leg issue as well, which could have had an impact.

FTR I don’t like Kahu in centres. He seems to always get injured there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Santa
  • Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Swordfish
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.