PRE-GAME Round 1 - Dragons vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Courier Mail got the side that would be named completely correct...from a certain point of view...no they were pretty much completely wrong.

The team named is a bit surprising.

I didn't think Macca would be named to start. That could change, we will see.

Love seeing Isaako there!

Now all the "journos" can do stories on how Lodge has been named to start.

Dragons:

1. Matthew Dufty
2. Nene MacDonald
3. Euan Aitken
4. Tim Lafai
5. Jason Nightingale
6. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Ben Hunt
8. James Graham
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jack de Belin

14. Luciano Leilua
15. Kurt Mann
16. Leeson Ah Mau
17. Hame Sele
18. Jeremy Latimore
19. Zachary Lomax
20. Blake Lawrie
21. Joshua Kerr

The team named is a bit surprising.

I didn't think Macca would be named to start. That could change, we will see.
Thaiday may well start as predicted, but I don't really see the point. If Macca's knee isn't 100%, an extra 20 minutes on the bench isn't going to help.

The Dragons to retire the number 1 jersey for alleged child sex offender, Graeme Langlands in round 1 against us

Edited

Last edited:
The Dragons to retire the number 1 jersey for convicted child sex offender, Graeme Langlands in round 1 against us
Was never convicted. He died before it all went to court.

if the dragons beat us the article will read
Ben hunted the Milf

I'm still finding it odd it appears we will be shifting Kahu to the centers after he played all the trials on the wing. Not that its necessarily a bad move, i just thought he would have played the trials at center.

I like Kahu but worried about his injury history and defence at centre. Also think if goal is to give Oates a shit at second row he should play there early (or in qcup). Did opa fail in trials? Still wondering if worth a crack of Oates at centre but would have needed the full offseason to get his defence right. Gets him closer and with higher pay grade + preps his defence for eventual forward move.

Is Macca going to play 80? Seems a bit much on first few games back wouldn’t mind Thaiday starting at hooker and let’s be honest it’s been his best position in recent years (not saying too much I admit). Lack of bird hamstrings half and hooker backup plan. Still would love to see Bird at hooker “close to the action”.

But let’s wait and see as usual Wayne will have a plan and we will only know around kickoff.

I like Kahu but worried about his injury history and defence at centre. Also think if goal is to give Oates a shit at second row he should play there early (or in qcup). Did opa fail in trials? Still wondering if worth a crack of Oates at centre but would have needed the full offseason to get his defence right. Gets him closer and with higher pay grade + preps his defence for eventual forward move.

Is Macca going to play 80? Seems a bit much on first few games back wouldn’t mind Thaiday starting at hooker and let’s be honest it’s been his best position in recent years (not saying too much I admit). Lack of bird hamstrings half and hooker backup plan. Still would love to see Bird at hooker “close to the action”.

But let’s wait and see as usual Wayne will have a plan and we will only know around kickoff.

Opa didn’t light the world on fire his ball handling really let him down he played himself out of the jersey.

The whole Oates thing is interesting. Maybe they are happy enough to let him go if he doesn't want to play wing.

Opa didn’t light the world on fire his ball handling really let him down he played himself out of the jersey.

What a load of rubbish. He dropped one awkward pass. I really dont think you even watch games at times. I think most of our players at some point made errors. His defence was solid as usual, and unlike our left center from last season, he actually gave the ball to the winger.

I always thought and said so that I thought Kahu would be left center. I just think Tom has been a bit unlucky. He didnt really do anything wrong, we have just gone with another option.

The whole Oates thing is interesting. Maybe they are happy enough to let him go if he doesn't want to play wing.

He must have resigned himself to not being a forward now. Its a bit disappointing tbh he didn't stick to his guns. If he keeps getting shifted back to the wing he won't ever make the switch

He must have resigned himself to not being a forward now. Its a bit disappointing tbh he didn't stick to his guns. If he keeps getting shifted back to the wing he won't ever make the switch

I hope he leaves if he really wants to be a forward. Also wasnt Walters one of the people who called him a forward last year when he wasn't picked for Qld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.