/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The point is not to lose heart.
I agree, but there's no point alluding to premiership years right now. People are annoyed, they waited the off season to see that. They read all the interviews from players and coaching staff about how they've improved etc, and that was the first impressions. Let people be annoyed.

The other thing I will say about Hunt which stood out like a sore thumb, he has his flashes of brilliance but he also did some really stupid things last night, like kicking the ball dead when we were on the ropes, his field goal attempt.. i'd be in lockup if he slotted that, imagine how many games we would've won if Ben Hunt could kick a field goal, I still don't know how he missed, he could've thrown it over he was that close

It's true. I am pretty salty. Going to put my pitch forks and torches aside for a few rounds yet.

Now last night he bombed a certain try by throwing a blatently forward pass

While I agree with the rest of your post, I don't think the forward pass was entirely Boyd's fault. The centre got in the way of Boyd and Oates, and it sort of forced Boyd to attempt to pass it flat (which ended up forward). The centre and Oates could have been slightly deeper.

But yeah, I reckon we'll never see the best of Boyd again.

The rest were good? Did you see Su'a, he was abysmal. His first 3 involvements included 2 knock ons and a shoulder charge on a guy without the ball... Agree about Thaiday. He's done. Disagree about Sims. I think he should be starting though as players like TPJ offer a lot of impact off the bench which we need.

Sua’s first few touches were good, he was one of the few people getting there head through the line and fighting for a quick play the ball.
I’m with you when it comes to Sims as well, he offers no impact off the bench and he is capable of absorbing the early pressure as well as dishing out a bit of punishment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah well it might have been, if you hadn't posted this a few posts earlier:

"Absolutely pathetic, the sooner Bennet ***** off the better"

Ill admit emotion did get the better of me last night but I stand by what I said. There is no way in hell comparing Isaako to Maranta after that performance is any less stupid then calling for Bennet to leave.

Last edited:
I’m always up to discuss this, what exactly is bennet doing for us atm

None of knows what truly goes on behind closed doors, but to entirely blame the coach for the loss and call for his immediate sacking, when he is one of the most successful coaches in history is clearly over the top

It's only round 1 lads wait until round 10 before you vote for the coach to be hung

None of knows what truly goes on behind closed doors, but to entirely blame the coach for the loss and call for his immediate sacking, when he is one of the most successful coaches in history is clearly over the top

This isn’t just because of last night, I’ve thought Bennet was past it for a while now. If you look at the way we play compared to the likes of the Cowboys or Storm it’s like we’re not even playing the same game.
I’m also not putting this all on Bennet either, the players did themselves no favours last night but I feel like they’re not being given the tools to play to their potential in the modern game.

While I agree with the rest of your post, I don't think the forward pass was entirely Boyd's fault. The centre got in the way of Boyd and Oates, and it sort of forced Boyd to attempt to pass it flat (which ended up forward). The centre and Oates could have been slightly deeper.

But yeah, I reckon we'll never see the best of Boyd again.

Yeah, from my perspective, Oates was the one who blew it. Why was he in line with (or even slightly ahead of) Boyd?

Our team FUCKING SUCKS . Let’s all say it together BRONCOS FUCKING SUCK BALLS
Jeez..who is this dill... no dont ban him ..with all the good comments here you have to have some morons to balance out. I am disapointed with the game and not sure how to fix the halves (Milf has so much talent but really needs the forwards working to work his magic....) but we will get better. The dumb ass NSW media are trying to crucify Lodge but they never tell you how much good social work he has done in the last 18 months.. they just want to bring up the emotionally 'damaged' American couple without explaining the reasons that set lodge off that fateful night (morning)... get the facts before you judge ...there is always two sides to the story.
I for one will not plunge into a massive depression over the first game of the season... and who the fk gives a rats what 'Henaballs' says..its meaningless, he will crawl back in his hole as soon as we start winning games.
Welcome to 2018 boys and girls :)

I’ve never been a Macca fan. He isn’t fit enough or doesn’t have the stamina to last 80 minutes even when fully fit. God help us if Smith retires from rep footy and he’s Queensland’s hooker this year!
Not going to happen... plenty of other options if Smithy puts his feet up.

Issako has great potential on the wing or fullback. Oates and Kahu to wings - Issako to FB...let boyd walk. use that money on a half. Bird in centers with Robert. Opiac floating in the backline as need be based on performance or injuries.

Gillett Captain. Lodge stays as starter. Kodi to bench (utility wing/hooker/half). Persist with the rest. Give moose and Lodge the freedom to be assholes on the field. Tevita, HAAS and Taga must be there also - either on bench or starting.

Boyd is going to be fullback for at least the next 2 years IMO, I can't see it changing.

Unless Bennett's secret plan is to move Bird there, which I wouldn't be against.

Ill admit emotion did get the better of me last night but I stand by what I said. There is no way in hell comparing Isaako to Maranta after that performance is any less stupid then calling for Bennet to leave.

Agreed, that was stupid too ;)

I

If you think that then your just as delusional as Wayne playing Sammy in hooker. I’m a Blues fan and I hope Qld pick him. He is Poo
Bit hard for Queensland to pick him when he's a cockroach.. Are you also a Roosters fan? You fit the criteria by the looks

Active Now

• Xzei
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.