Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I hold on to the hope that in 06 and 15' we had similar results in rd 1. That being said Milford and Nikorima were awful, they are not a genuine halves pairing. At this stage i think Boyd or possibly Bird when he is back will need to slot into the halves. I thought Roberts was solid, TPJ was promising as was Lodge. I rarely agree with Matty Johns but listening to him tonight dissect the shortcomings of the Broncos he is right, we don't have a genuine half or any real star power. There was a time when you could watch a Broncos game and you knew what you were going to get, i think those days have sadly passed us.

I will say this as well, Nikorima didn't seem to be too involved tonight but when he was we looked dangerous.

now, I read earlier in the week milf has been training at halfback essentially to get his hands on the ball more often, which is pretty much the opposite of what we need him to be, which begs the question - does nikorima even know when he's supposed to get the ball? i get milf is trying to step up and take responsibility but really, that should be when he sees something on, not even tackle on every set.

Niko is a way better ball player than Milford. Milford just catches and passes where as niko will take on the line and mix up his passing.

Niko is a way better ball player than Milford. Milford just catches and passes where as niko will take on the line and mix up his passing.
I agree, but if milf is trying to "take charge" - where does that leave niko?

Players 1-17.
9 - kick on the third tackle of the first set in the second half - why??? Otherwise, good to get some time in the legs and hopefully better for it.

He did it twice and I yelled both times, he just handed the ball back the dragons and destroyed any chance of us trying to get some field position or gain some momentum.

So many missed tackles, so many handling errors, so many dumb penalties, just so un bronco like. Did they have a preseason?

He did it twice and I yelled both times, he just handed the ball back the dragons and destroyed any chance of us trying to get some field position or gain some momentum.
because unlike the great smith who does it when he senses forwards are tired etc, macca just reads from a script.

People on here are saying that Lodge played good tonight. Please he played like a busted AH. He is too slow out of shape and can’t tackle to friggin save himself. All he does is throw his arm out and hits to high. I’m glad we payed fcuk all for him. Our halves were piss weak. They have no balls to take control of the game and this caused our whole team to look lost. Hunt was made to look like a superstar tonight. While I’m being honest I think this is the worst Bronx team in the last 15 years . Piss WB off 2

So many missed tackles, so many handling errors, so many dumb penalties, just so un bronco like. Did they have a preseason?

A very disruptive pre-season.

This is why people just need to relax a little bit and give it a month before bringing out the knives. It was naive to expect them to be gelled tonight. We were always going to struggle in attack with so many of our key players being injured in the pre-season.

People on here are saying that Lodge played good tonight. Please he played like a busted AH. He is too slow out of shape and can’t tackle to friggin save himself. All he does is throw his arm out and hits to high. I’m glad we payed fcuk all for him. Our halves were piss weak. They have no balls to take control of the game and this caused our whole team to look lost. Hunt was made to look like a superstar tonight. While I’m being honest I think this is the worst Bronx team in the last 15 years . Piss WB off 2

In a team full of misfiring players, Lodge was alright.

14 hitups for 117m and 25 tackles says otherwise

I agree, but if milf is trying to "take charge" - where does that leave niko?

Our spine is the bottleneck and that spells big trouble. Our outside backs are the best in the comp in my opinion and we have a solid and mobile forward pack that can hold their own. The spine is just breaking down.

A very disruptive pre-season.

This is people just need to relax a little bit and give it a month before bringing out the knives. It was naive to expect them to be gelled tonight.
But that does not excuse the dumb penalties. That is not a trait we've ever shown in the past.

Positives:

Lodge, Pangai Jr & Isaako. They all tried their hardest, were comfortably our most consistent in terms of effort, Roberts wasn't bad as well, but we could use a few extra dummy half runs from him in our own end. Boyd wasn't too bad in attack when we actually had some attacking shape going, but apart from that he played like a woman, need far more consistent effort out of our captain.

Negatives:

Everything else, Kahu needs to go if we're committed to Isaako & Oates on the wings, bring in Opacic to try and cover some of the defensive issues that left edge has. I hope anyone complaining about the Bird signing can see why Bennett made the move when he did, I think he's well aware how bog average both Kahu & Opacic are. Milford played like Milford has played for the last 22 months, I'm not sure we can even blame his weight this time, he looks relatively fit, he just simply isn't as good as he was in 2015 & start of 2016, we may need to start seriously thinking about the possibility that 2015 was his peak. We're paying him based on the assumption that he's going to drastically improve on what he provided in 2015, at this rate we'll probably be thankful if he can give us league average production from the Five-Eighth position. Desperately need to fast track the development of all of our young halves and just pray that one of them has a DCE style leap in the Queensland Cup this year. Our forwards were awful, especially the experienced ones, sorry to Thaiday, but he's not lasting the season out, I didn't agree with the Glenn re-signing when it happened as well, I think we have far more options that can provide what he does except at a higher level, Su'A for example I think could start on the left edge and we wouldn't lose a single thing, and benefit from his added skill in attack. Sims & Ofahengaue were both very average as well, but Joe was good last season, so I'm not writing him off just yet, but I want to see a LOT more metres out of him. Losing Blair may hurt us more than we realised, he would've been a good foil to Lodge in the starting line-up.

Lodge-hating troll detected. He looks the goods aye! :superhappythumbsup:

All the way from New York city, welcome to BroncosHQ, looking forward to receiving your $1.6m?

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.