Round 1 Lineup

turkeysnow

U18 Player
With all the rumors about who captain is and rd1 team, what would be the best make up of our team if everyone is 100% fit.
Here would be mine:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Nui - Staggs (depedning on between Nui and Farnsworth)
4. Farnsworth
5. Mead/Copley
6. Milf
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Macca (C)
10. Haas
11. Glen
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Carrigan
16. Fleg
17. Pangai

My reasoning for having;
- Lodge start over Carrigan, Lodge has that crazy in him, that is good for the initial onslaught, I see all forwards (Haas/Lodge/Carrigan/Fleg) playing similar/equal min. We know they can all play 60+ if need be, but better output reduced and sharing the load. Carrigan is a little younger than Lodge and saves him a bit for future.
- Asiata surely starts over pangai, wouldn't have signed without some agreement, also feel its a bit of a wake up call for Pangai to be off the bench, he isn't an edge (who can play 80min). He can however cover edge if needed. That could see Glen/Riki given a spell, Riki maybe early in the season, with Carrigan/Macca also being able to fit in at lock.
- Macca over Turpin, as said a few times now, to take that initial brunt and bring a level head, leadership from the start and good go forward, Turpin on in the first hlf with tired defenders.

pagey

State of Origin Rep
If Teo is fit enough would he be a chance for a run on 2nd row spot?
Not if rikki keeps progressing. I think it would be: Tpj 11 Glenn 12 Asiata13 Rikki 17
Or Rikki 11 Glenn 12 Tpj 13 Asiata 17
Maybe Rikki 11 Glenn 12 Asiata 13 Tpj 17

McHunt

NRL Captain
Sunshine Coast
Latest (hearsay) on Macca stalemate:

Broncos insist they will not pay anything above the $150,000 they've given him the the last three months, leaving the Dragons short of $600,000 plus he's on this season. They will not offer Macca anything beyond this year. Meanwhile Anthony Griffin wants him to start this year and next.

Macca can't be feeling good about this.

McHunt

BroncsFan

State of Origin Rep

Broncos insist they will not pay anything above the $150,000 they've given him the the last three months, leaving the Dragons short of $600,000 plus he's on this season. They will not offer Macca anything beyond this year. Meanwhile Anthony Griffin wants him to start this year and next.

McHunt
He knew the situation though.

He was allowed to go to Newcastle last year to try and secure his future. It's up to his manager to get off his ass and actually do something now

Nothing stopping him from signing a contract for 2022

Last edited:

Alec

International Rep

McHunt
Lucky he's got $600K a year to wipe his tears with.

Mightybroncs2k17

QCup Player
Seeing reports that Tesi Niu looks to be training in centre and favourite to start there. Understand he is supposedly a very big tallent but is there any love out there for Copley to start in the centres?

Someone experienced who can hold his own at least and be solid in attack and defence. If Tesi performs so well in Q cup that he can't be left out of the squad then so be it and put him in the top squad.

I know guys like mead and Copley aren't world beaters but some of our youngers guys might really bennefit from some Q cup time early on to really get there confidence up and shake off last seasons blues then when they are absolutely bashing the door down bring them in.

Just thinking about it now, our trials are going to be massive this year, so many spots up for grabs. I can't think of a time when going into a trial so many positions could still be up for grabs. Not just for who wears what number but who actaully makes the top 17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
penza

Twitter