Round 1 Lineup

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Haven't seen a lineup thread for round 1. I'm not going to include any unconfirmed signings.

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Arthars (He was actually decent in his games, no idea why Siebs dropped him so quickly)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. TPJ

14. McCullough/Paix/Kelly
15. Lodge
16. Bullemor(This guy has huge talent, needs to be given a go in the middle)
17. Flegler

Macca can be used to cover Turpin and also come on as a lock. TPJ can be moved to an edge to accommodate having 3 middles on the pine.

Oates needs to be given a proper crack before discarding him, none of this half a game in the backrow shit. He had some shockers in 2020, but was also injured a lot and being moved into the forwards. On his day he is by far our best winger, he needs to show that or be moved on.

I don't rate Niu very highly, but Isucko should never be considered for 1 again, he is a current version of Josh Hoffman and needs to realise his only spot in first grade is on the wing.

Arthars was dropped to keep Boyd in the side and then because, like everyone else, he was injured.
He was listed as 18th man several times towards back end of the year.

Haven't seen a lineup thread for round 1. I'm not going to include any unconfirmed signings.

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Farnsworth
4. Arthars (He was actually decent in his games, no idea why Siebs dropped him so quickly)
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. TPJ

14. McCullough/Paix/Kelly
15. Lodge
16. Bullemor(This guy has huge talent, needs to be given a go in the middle)
17. Flegler

Macca can be used to cover Turpin and also come on as a lock. TPJ can be moved to an edge to accommodate having 3 middles on the pine.

Oates needs to be given a proper crack before discarding him, none of this half a game in the backrow shit. He had some shockers in 2020, but was also injured a lot and being moved into the forwards. On his day he is by far our best winger, he needs to show that or be moved on.

I don't rate Niu very highly, but Isucko should never be considered for 1 again, he is a current version of Josh Hoffman and needs to realise his only spot in first grade is on the wing.

I like this side a lot. Carrigan at prop is his best spot, TPJ at lock adds his offloading as a real weapon in the middle and for mine, Riki is what we need in the back row. Agree too about Bullemor.

However, I'd play Farnsworth on the wing and keep Farnworth in the centres

I've gotta say, I'm worried about Coates on a wing. He has all the talent in the world but has zero urgency or venom on kick returns, the other winger - Kennar/whoever was usually even worse. This is why we need a metre eating fullback if we are sticking with Coates on a wing.

C’mon @Sproj, that’s a bit rich.

You’ve been known to name the same player more than once in one of those incredibly rare team lists you do 🤣

You remember incorrectly, I NEVER write a team list. And yeah, I've done it plenty of times, just a bit of friendly banter.

Was playing (right) centre at QLD cup from memory but was one of the options being looked at last pre-season with isaako and bird.
In the trials he played left centre I believe and was really quite good there. I think he scored a try and set up one or two. Of course then they drop him so Boyd could stink it up.

I've gotta say, I'm worried about Coates on a wing. He has all the talent in the world but has zero urgency or venom on kick returns, the other winger - Kennar/whoever was usually even worse. This is why we need a metre eating fullback if we are sticking with Coates on a wing.
Or just keep Oates there, who is probably the best in the comp at it. I'd most likely pick Milf at 1 with Croft at 6, but Kevvie has ruled it out so I'm forgetting about that as a possibility.

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. David Mead
3. Jesse Arthars
4. Herbie Farnworth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Anthony Milford
7. Thomas Dearden
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Payne Haas
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Cory Paix
15. Thomas Flegler
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Corey Oates

I don't see Turpin making the side. I think Kevvie will go for Macca/Paix to begin with. I think Oates will be playing in the second row.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mustafur
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.