Round 1 Lineup

How bout we just leave it at 1yr like the others
He's a bit better than Mead, Copley, etc. and Asiata only signed a year because he's backing himself for an upgrade 2022 onwards.

Mann is reasonably low risk at $350k for a center over 2yrs.

Why exactly would he be after good money??

He's 28 and has hardly set the rugby league world on fire, primarily because he hasn't really nailed down what position he'd play.

He's a very solid NRL player, but he's been around long enough that teams can evaluate him on what he's shown rather than trying to invest in potential.

In that respect he seems to be a $300-$350k player and would probably be happy with a 2-3yr deal. 2yr would be better for the Broncos though.

He's also from Qld and his mother had health issues last year so there's a chance he wants to come back to QLD for personal reasons more so than money.

I think that would be a good price and he's more than capable of filling our vacant and troublesome left center spot... and that would be a reasonable price for a center. Hell that's not even a bad price for a bench utility that can cover almost every position in the back line and spine
Unfortunately his mother passed away last month.

I’m more curious to see what people think the team will be by the final round this year
22. David Mead
32. Reece Walsh
11. Alex Glenn (c)
18. Richie Kennar
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Kotoni Staggs
13. John Asiata
8. Rhys Kennedy
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Patrick Carrigan
16. Brendan Piakura
12. Corey Oates
14. Ben Te'o

17. Dunamis Lui
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Keenan Palasia
24. Isaiah Tass

Search your heart, you know it's true.

22. David Mead
32. Reece Walsh
11. Alex Glenn (c)
18. Richie Kennar
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Kotoni Staggs
13. John Asiata
8. Rhys Kennedy
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Patrick Carrigan
16. Brendan Piakura
12. Corey Oates
14. Ben Te'o

17. Dunamis Lui
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Keenan Palasia
24. Isaiah Tass

Staggs being fit is optimistic.
Halves pairing:
19. Gamble
13. Asiata

22. David Mead
32. Reece Walsh
11. Alex Glenn (c)
18. Richie Kennar
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Kotoni Staggs
13. John Asiata
8. Rhys Kennedy
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Patrick Carrigan
16. Brendan Piakura
12. Corey Oates
14. Ben Te'o

17. Dunamis Lui
19. Tyson Gamble
20. Keenan Palasia
24. Isaiah Tass

Needs more karmichael hunt imo
Or has he played and been injured?

Last edited:
In all seriousness

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Xavier Coates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Tesi Niu
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Tevita Pangai Jr
12. Jordan Riki
13. John Asiata

14. Cory Paix
15. Tom Flegler
16. Matt Lodge
17. Brendan Piakura

Is my best case scenario with the current squad. Obviously if the Broncos can land some astute mid-season signings that would be a nice bonus. Especially an outside back or two.

It's a relatively straight forward team, with Piakura being the only stand out choice. He's one of the Broncos brightest prospects and the selection is less about desperation and more Brisbane getting back to doing what they do best. Bringing through quality talent and making them into rep quality players. I'm going in with the idea that the Broncos are at full-strength too and the likes of Paix and Piakura have forced their way into the team.

I went back and forth on Pangai Jr. His best position is 13, but Pangai Jr + Asiata just looks better on paper. Asiata at 13 would justify Kevie's recruitment and suggest the Broncos found a crucial piece to their puzzle. Also went back and forth on Haas' partner. You could make a perfectly valid argument for Flegler and Lodge in an ideal world, I just went with Pat because he's the most balanced of the three.

In all seriousness

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Xavier Coates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Tesi Niu
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Tevita Pangai Jr
12. Jordan Riki
13. John Asiata

14. Cory Paix
15. Tom Flegler
16. Matt Lodge
17. Brendan Piakura

Is my best case scenario with the current squad. Obviously if the Broncos can land some astute mid-season signings that would be a nice bonus. Especially an outside back or two.

It's a relatively straight forward team, with Piakura being the only stand out choice. He's one of the Broncos brightest prospects and the selection is less about desperation and more Brisbane getting back to doing what they do best. Bringing through quality talent and making them into rep quality players. I'm going in with the idea that the Broncos are at full-strength too and the likes of Paix and Piakura have forced their way into the team.

I went back and forth on Pangai Jr. His best position is 13, but Pangai Jr + Asiata just looks better on paper. Asiata at 13 would justify Kevie's recruitment and suggest the Broncos found a crucial piece to their puzzle. Also went back and forth on Haas' partner. You could make a perfectly valid argument for Flegler and Lodge in an ideal world, I just went with Pat because he's the most balanced of the three.
Not bad. Interesting choice to exclude Glenn, Oates and Macca.

I'm 100% with you on this. Mann is absolutely nothing special, he has won nothing and completely over rated compared to other stars of the nrl. He most probably would want a good amount of money that we shouldnt just throw around as well.

If sooner get Karmichael Hunt for 1 year than Mann.

why are we even considering mann? If true. Where does he fit?

It might be hard but without them, Oates and Macca especially that side looks quite strong.
A very mildly interesting piece of trivia but if all of the following players who are off contract at the end of the season are moved on - Ben Teo, Macca, Glenn, Copley; then there will be no one in the broncos team who was apart of the club when Lockyer was playing.

A very mildly interesting piece of trivia but if all of the following players who are off contract at the end of the season are moved on - Ben Teo, Macca, Glenn, Copley; then there will be no one in the broncos team who was apart of the club when Lockyer was playing.

Never fear, Kahu will be back...surely.

Where is that coming from or is it pure speculation? Because if it is based on a source, yeah it is another stuff up but I haven't seen anything about contract values anywhere.
Just the $400-500k thrown around in here for Allan to the Bulldogs and our ability to pay through the roof.

Just the $400-500k thrown around in here for Allan to the Bulldogs and our ability to pay through the roof.
We can only speculate about Allen to the Bulldogs, because the media never made up a figure ... if it was us they would have made a figure to the cent. All they confirmed for Allen was a 3 year deal.

We can base our speculation on a few titbits the media have reported.

Allen's salary demand was 500k a season

Allen's is on 350k a season at the Rabbitohs

The Bulldogs offered more than his Rabbitohs salary.

So based on that the 400-500k a season offer seems about right. And IMO, that offer would be paying him on potential rather than performance ... and we've done that with far too many players in the past. He'll half our side is paid on potential rather than consistent performance.

In all seriousness

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Xavier Coates
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. Tesi Niu
5. Herbie Farnworth
6. Anthony Milford
7. Tom Dearden
8. Patrick Carrigan
9. Jake Turpin
10. Payne Haas
11. Tevita Pangai Jr
12. Jordan Riki
13. John Asiata

14. Cory Paix
15. Tom Flegler
16. Matt Lodge
17. Brendan Piakura

Why not Bullemor on the bench?

Why not Bullemor on the bench?
I went very close to picking him over Lodge but resisted the urge due to the amount of junior talent in the side. I don't rate Bullemor as an edge player either and while I've jumped the gun with Piakura I've got my fingers crossed he can be the Broncos next Su'A.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.