Round 1 Lineup

I havent been for over 12 months at a guess but they used to let you. Not sure what all the protocols are now around it.
Yeah, I'm assuming you won't be allowed to meet the players - but maybe observing from a far? Just don't know how to find out what times they train?

(side note: I wish they'd train at night, you know, like they play 95% of their games)

I imagine Kev, Steve and Kerrod all played around at hooker. Having someone like KW as a coach would be good for McCullough. No, I don't think he'd train him like a relative rookie but he may see the game from Mcs perspective. Slight tweaks, possibly only one in a game play sense may be KWs go here.

Another great thing is KW was the type player we need now and McCullough is the same type. Hard working, average talent and making others around him look better. We just need Mcs normal game in 21 and if all the others play close to their abilities we'll be in the ascendancy.
Absofuckinglutely plus he will give nothing less then 100%

(side note: I wish they'd train at night, you know, like they play 95% of their games)
There was talk that this is something Kevvie has considered. Even if it can't be done due to the players' union or whatever else, the fact that he's considering these kinds of things gives me hope in his coaching.

There was talk that this is something Kevvie has considered. Even if it can't be done due to the players' union or whatever else, the fact that he's considering these kinds of things gives me hope in his coaching.

They could make it “optional” most people would probably still show up if it wasn’t too frequently done.

Is this actually a players union thing? That’s hilarious. Imagine any other union completely ruling out evening shifts 😂

I like Macca as a human but I think some here might be suffering a bit of demenia. Have you forgotten that he was always slow to begin with and then did his ACL. Have you forgotten that he rarely hits runners chest. He then at the end of last year tore his hamstring off the bone which in turn will lead to an even slower Macca who still can't pass and will be without question the slowest 9 in the game. Sure, he can make a tackle when someone runs directly at him but that is reason enough to pick the guy, Move on folks.

I like Macca as a human but I think some here might be suffering a bit of demenia. Have you forgotten that he was always slow to begin with and then did his ACL. Have you forgotten that he rarely hits runners chest. He then at the end of last year tore his hamstring off the bone which in turn will lead to an even slower Macca who still can't pass and will be without question the slowest 9 in the game. Sure, he can make a tackle when someone runs directly at him but that is reason enough to pick the guy, Move on folks.

Ordinarily, all of this is a no brainer but then consider the defense last year. These are desperate times and call for desperate measures, which Macca is DEFINITELY in the category of.

McInnes is off contract at the end of the year. If the rumour regarding dragons interest in Macca are true I would player swap those 2 without hesitation. McInnes for 1 year then renegotiate next off season.

Last edited:
McInnes is off contract at the end of the year. If the rumour regarding dragons interest in Macca are true I would player swap those 2 without hesitation. McInnes for 1 year then renegotiate next off season.
I would be all for this! But everything is linking Mcinnes to Tigers.

Mcinnes in 9 for us would be great, defensive, leader, 80min and gives everything each week. Any brown paper bags lying around? or we all done with that sort of thing?? Common Locky make it happen!

With all the rumors about who captain is and rd1 team, what would be the best make up of our team if everyone is 100% fit.
Here would be mine:

1. Isaako
2. Coates
3. Nui - Staggs (depedning on between Nui and Farnsworth)
4. Farnsworth
5. Mead/Copley
6. Milf
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Macca (C)
10. Haas
11. Glen
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Turpin
15. Carrigan
16. Fleg
17. Pangai

My reasoning for having;
- Lodge start over Carrigan, Lodge has that crazy in him, that is good for the initial onslaught, I see all forwards (Haas/Lodge/Carrigan/Fleg) playing similar/equal min. We know they can all play 60+ if need be, but better output reduced and sharing the load. Carrigan is a little younger than Lodge and saves him a bit for future.
- Asiata surely starts over pangai, wouldn't have signed without some agreement, also feel its a bit of a wake up call for Pangai to be off the bench, he isn't an edge (who can play 80min). He can however cover edge if needed. That could see Glen/Riki given a spell, Riki maybe early in the season, with Carrigan/Macca also being able to fit in at lock.
- Macca over Turpin, as said a few times now, to take that initial brunt and bring a level head, leadership from the start and good go forward, Turpin on in the first hlf with tired defenders.

I would be all for this! But everything is linking Mcinnes to Tigers.

Mcinnes in 9 for us would be great, defensive, leader, 80min and gives everything each week. Any brown paper bags lying around? or we all done with that sort of thing?? Common Locky make it happen!
If you're waiting for locky to make anything happen youll be disappointed

Can't believe everyone has written off Brodie Croft. You'll all be shocked

If Teo is fit enough would he be a chance for a run on 2nd row spot?

If Teo is fit enough would he be a chance for a run on 2nd row spot?
Not if rikki keeps progressing. I think it would be: Tpj 11 Glenn 12 Asiata13 Rikki 17
Or Rikki 11 Glenn 12 Tpj 13 Asiata 17
Maybe Rikki 11 Glenn 12 Asiata 13 Tpj 17

Active Now

• Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • kiwi2
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Lazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Galah
  • bazza
  • Rookie Alan
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.