POST GAME Round 1 - Sharks vs Broncos

So I'm calling bullshit on the whole McCullough gives slow service from dummy half thing. I'm re-watching this game and it's not even a thing. There were a few inaccurate passes but I could show you the same from any hooker this round. It wasn't a thing last year either as I've re-watched all of those games too.

I think it comes from his technique when passing. He tends to plant both feet and try and execute a 'perfect' dummy-half pass, which more often than not gives the perception of slow service. He does have a good one-handed pick-up-and-run when we have a quick PTB but those are few and far between.

I agree with SF re accuracy. So many times in the attacking 20/30 I see a pass go high and it's generally to either Hunt, Milford or McGuire who're jumping to catch over their head and it just kills momentum

I think it comes from his technique when passing. He tends to plant both feet and try and execute a 'perfect' dummy-half pass, which more often than not gives the perception of slow service. He does have a good one-handed pick-up-and-run when we have a quick PTB but those are few and far between.

I agree with SF re accuracy. So many times in the attacking 20/30 I see a pass go high and it's generally to either Hunt, Milford or McGuire who're jumping to catch over their head and it just kills momentum
Because some of his passes are inaccurate, it gives that feeling of slowing us down. As Halves, a poor pass from dummy half should be the last thing they need to worry about.

I'd be curious to see how often the passes are inaccurate though. I really don't think it's all that often. I watched the game and I focused on everything McCullough did and I certainly don't think he deserved any critisicm exception for when he tried to score from dummy half and didn't get low enough.

I'd be curious to see how often the passes are inaccurate though. I really don't think it's all that often. I watched the game and I focused on everything McCullough did and I certainly don't think he deserved any critisicm exception for when he tried to score from dummy half and didn't get low enough.

Macca is likely to be the backup BHQ scapegoat for the 2017. he will have to wait until next season to be given the title in his own right, he has no hope this year while Hunt is still around. :P

In my view, the Sharks did play only as well as we let them and that counts for a lot. They are the premiers and a bloody good, well coached side.

Not sure they are 'bloody good' this year. Don't think you can take much out of last week's game. I actually think the Sharks will miss the 8 with no Ennis and Barba.

Maybe I need to go back and watch some parts too, maybe the ones that were bad just really stood out for me. He can't excuse not being able to spiral both ways, can he?

Maybe I need to go back and watch some parts too, maybe the ones that were bad just really stood out for me. He can't excuse not being able to spiral both ways, can he?
That is definitely a flaw. One thing I did notice was on the last tackle when attempting to pass the ball to Hunt, players were standing in between both of them so he wasn't able to pass directly to him. That's definitely not McCulloughs fault, possibly Hunt for not standing deeper but it's just another silly mistake we should be getting right.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Robboi_321
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.