POST GAME Round 1 - Sharks vs Broncos

Just as a note of caution here, the Sharks HEAVILY contributed to our success. I know I know you can only beat what's in front of you and the old, 'they only played as well as we let them' line can be trotted out too but the truth is they made a lot more mistakes and conceded twice as many penalties as us. They weren't good and we should keep that in mind while celebrating our win. It was a narrow win and truthfully I was disappointed we weren't ruthless when we got to 20-8.

That said, **** the Sharks !
I think we frustrated them into those penalties. In reality we were fitter and they resorted to attempting to slow the game down way to much. They pissed me off big time. The shoulder charges that were being allowed to attempt to intimidate the boys also pissed me off. Either allow it or don't, personally I wish we could do it but it just pisses me off that sides like cronulla and roosters consitently get allowed to get away with it.

Tend to agree but I would give it until round 6, five games in total before making a drop to reggies. He isn't doing enough, he hasn't been the total package in n the past and I just don't see him becoming any better at management or improving his tactical kicking.
Not that i particularly agree or disagree but Wayne has a pretty strict "don't drop a player unless you have a better player to replace them with. No backward or sideward steps". I don't know if we have a player in the wings who is better than even a struggling Hunt.

Not that i particularly agree or disagree but Wayne has a pretty strict "don't drop a player unless you have a better player to replace them with. No backward or sideward steps". I don't know if we have a player in the wings who is better than even a struggling Hunt.

They will tell you benji but all you have to do is point to his last couple of years at the dragons to say he isn't a halfback and we would be worse off with him at halfback. Hunt is the best halfback at the club by a long shot and because he has signed with another club already he will be a punching bag for the rest of the year but until he really starts stinking it up and doesn't look like he wants to be there at all (and you will notice it) he shouldn't be replaced. An example of him not giving up was when he forced that drop out with his toe forward into the in goal. A player not trying wouldn't have even bothered chasing.

Thanks guys I just knew Moga still had potential and what really had me believing was knowing Kahu could come back the way he did.

I thought he was pretty quick in that play from the scrum . I really liked what i seen from him , hopefully he keeps progressing.

Milf... Lewis, Gallen, Townsend, Bird, Beale. He beat them all to get to the line.

http://www.nrl.com/statement-on-alex-glenn--hia/tabid/10874/newsid/104223/default.aspx

The NRL said today that Alex Glenn's Head Injury Assessment (HIA) had been handled appropriately by the Brisbane Broncos during their Round 1 Telstra Premiership match against Cronulla Sharks.
A review of the incident found that Glenn was removed from the field about 35 seconds after his original assessment by the club trainer.
In that time he did not make any hit ups or tackles. In fact he did not come into contact with any opponent.
Glenn was involved in a head clash with a Cronulla Sharks opponent in the 36th minute.
A trainer ran on to the field to attend to him while the Broncos doctor reviewed vision of the incident at the NRL's Sideline Injury Surveillance unit.
Following the on-field assessment, the on-field trainer immediately reported to the Broncos doctor his assessment of Glenn's condition. The Broncos doctor ordered his immediate removal from play for further assessment. He was subsequently ruled out of the remainder of the match.
Glenn must now undergo a review by the Broncos doctor over the next week before he can be cleared to play again.

Definitely some positives coming out of that game. Sims is just what we need and Blair was very good too. Liked what I saw from the bench, with a good mix of impact and work rate. Liked what I saw from Arrow. One tackle in particular that snapped Prior in half was Gilly like. You could see Prior get up and check who it was after playing the ball.

Wasn't our best performance but gave something to work with. Can't wait for the cows.

There was a beat-up article saying that the incident highlights that the NRL are not doing enough and the Glenn incident proves as much. Which is bullshit. The on-field assessment is not bulletproof, it's not like it'll ever be 100% accurate and the trainer deliberately ignored the symptoms to let Glenn play on. It simply appeared at that time that he was not concussed. **** the media just push whatever angle gets the most outrage.

Was it written by that weird old dude who wears a do-rag? He has been on Twitter ever since the game whinging about it.

I was going to write a long descriptive post about last night's game but most of my points already taken
Here is my view on a few key points
1. Hunt wasn't that bad, 1st game of the season bit of rust and so go a little bit easier on him. A few kicks he did that were bad were either because great pressure or horrible passing. Needs to improve though
2. Mccullough's passing horrible, Heaps of improvement needed.
3. Great impact off Bench
4. Moga was solid but not amazing or mind-blowingly good

Anyway for me to think that the Broncos could win the premiership this year we need to win at least 4 of the 1st 5 games.High expectations I know but really important these first games

Slow cook thoughts:

You can say what you want about him, he is still a good player and a shitload better than most other halves, but Hunt has not been the same since the GF. He has been playing 1 or 2 gears below 2015 ever since, and the added pressure of his massive price tag at Merge is not going to help matters. I would've thought he would've been doing nothing but training kicks over the off season, but if anything he's only gone backwards. I think we just have to accept that when it comes to his feet, he is just gumby as ****.

Moga is going to be a very good player if he can get a solid season under his belt. Great under the high ball and works well as another giant alongside Oates. Who've thunk et? I was one of a few in the late stages of the off season who were saying he would be lucky to get a run in first grade outside of Origin time. So much for that. Now it's looking like it'll be Opacic and Marshall that are lucky to get runs.

Korbin Sims may prove to be the buy of the season if he keeps this up. Exactly what we needed, a new and young bopper forward to eat up the metres in place of the retired Parker. What he did last night is all he needs to do for the whole year and he's alright in my books. Just don't drop the fucking ball in crunch time in a final.

Thaiday looks to be keen as **** to retire with a premiership. He was leading from the front last night in a big way. Lets hope he keeps it up. Slammin Sam is back.

Just as a note of caution here, the Sharks HEAVILY contributed to our success. I know I know you can only beat what's in front of you and the old, 'they only played as well as we let them' line can be trotted out too but the truth is they made a lot more mistakes and conceded twice as many penalties as us. They weren't good and we should keep that in mind while celebrating our win. It was a narrow win and truthfully I was disappointed we weren't ruthless when we got to 20-8.

That said, **** the Sharks !

Lucky for the disclaimer at the end there, you were sounding a lot like Gus Gould

whilst i think he had a reasonable game, one thing i noticed was milford was not making himself available as an alternate kicker. evidence of that came with maguires dodgy kick. it would help hunt alot if he did.

Maguires kick was the greatest of all time IMO. Even better than our resident kicking hero.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Justwin
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • mrtij
  • Scdeac
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.