POST GAME Round 1 - Sharks vs Broncos

After the head clash, he wasn't knocked unconscious and didn't show visible signs of a concussion, so he was allowed to play on.
Your right mate he must of had retrograde amnesia. He likely passed the GCS assessment on field but once they got him in the shed and asked other questions he failed. He didn't get knocked out. I doubt we will see him next week.

I tend to agree with this, especially with Glenn transitioning into a middle forward. I also think Arrow's minutes were inflated with Glenn's injury, so in the case that Glenn doesn't get injured, Arrow only plays about 10 mins. For me that is a waste of a bench spot, especially since Arrow isn't an explosive impact player, and will barely make a worthy contribution in such a limited amount of time.

Agreed ! Offa /fai would be a good rotation. Keep the young guys fresh through the year and added experience.

I was over the moon with Moga's game hell yeah.
haha, you deserve some cred, you were steadfast in your view that he would play nrl this season and would have an impact.

i can't 100% agree with having an impact, but give him a few more games and i certainly think that's possible. he was solid and hopefully he builds on that.

I really liked Moga. Hoped for the best, in fact from his earlier reputation I kind of expected him to be good, but didn't have the guts to stick my neck out and claim such in case I was wrong. For a big, fast player, he seemed to have really good acceleration. There was one run he did from dummy-half where he darted out, from a standing start, and hit the defence so fast that I thought it was Roberts at first. Really great signing.

But my main gushing is for Sims. Reminded me of Webcke so many times. Obviously a very different body type but just ran with so much intent, and kept the legs going, really making good metres and getting fast PTB's. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but he looks the goods so far.

Thanks guys I just knew Moga still had potential and what really had me believing was knowing Kahu could come back the way he did.

I really liked Moga. Hoped for the best, in fact from his earlier reputation I kind of expected him to be good, but didn't have the guts to stick my neck out and claim such in case I was wrong. For a big, fast player, he seemed to have really good acceleration. There was one run he did from dummy-half where he darted out, from a standing start, and hit the defence so fast that I thought it was Roberts at first. Really great signing.

But my main gushing is for Sims. Reminded me of Webcke so many times. Obviously a very different body type but just ran with so much intent, and kept the legs going, really making good metres and getting fast PTB's. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but he looks the goods so far.

The commentators made a point that he looked like Justin hodges with his build and dummy half run. Plus he went for the socks down look. I hope moga kills it this season.

I was excited about the Sims signing. Sure he plateaued in Newcastle but there were signs of what he could do there. His challenge will be to do what he did last night consistently.

That said, a guy who is willing to take a pay cut to play under a coach with no guarantee to start is 100% worth the punt. He is also a fraction of what Napa or James would have cost. I reckon we got a steal.

The commentators made a point that he looked like Justin hodges with his build and dummy half run. Plus he went for the socks down look. I hope moga kills it this season.

I was thinking that but was reluctant to compare him to one of the greats. He just looked so safe last night and you could see in his eyes when the camera went to him at times he was desperate to make the most of this opportunity.

I was excited about the Sims signing. Sure he plateaued in Newcastle but there were signs of what he could do there. His challenge will be to do what he did last night consistently.

That said, a guy who is willing to take a pay cut to play under a coach with no guarantee to start is 100% worth the punt. He is also a fraction of what Napa or James would have cost. I reckon we got a steal.

We stole him from Newcastle. I think this year will be a breakout year for him. Bennett said yesterday in a media article that he was lazy in NSW and really didn't play to his potential and that he is looking to make him live up to his potential. Having a very experienced Adam Blair as his forward partner will do wonders for him as well especially when it comes to pressure. Blairy was put under a lot at the Tigers and the same goes for Sims so he can learn from how Blair learnt to deal with the pressure and live up to your name and price tag.

We don't have the biggest pack in the competition, and we don't posses man mountains such as Fifita, Burgess' or the likes, but the key thing that stood out for me was the post contact metres we were making. I think there was a stat which showed we were fairly comfortably winning that battle up against a much stronger/bigger pack.

We have lacked go forward for quite some time, and it was pleasing to see the desperation and commitment from Sims, Blair, McGuire, Thaiday, etc to keep the legs pumping, fighting for every metre once they made contact. That, to me shows where we are at as a team in terms of attitude and desire. Good early signs for the season ahead.

Sims will be a very good addition for us.

I was very happy with the attitude and effort from all the boys last night. As always there were a few things for individuals to work on but as a team they were good.
Moga was good and certainly contributed well. The only other time I have really watched him play was in the trial at Ipswich and I said after that game that he was a good ball runner but had a terrible passing game and I didn't see anything last night to change my opinion. I hope he can improve that area and become a real force for us. Maybe he should be on the wing and Kahu back in the centre but I guess Wayne is worried about Kahu defending against some of the monster centres in the comp.
All in all a great start and hopefully we will keep the momentum going against the Cowboys.

Milford working the left, Hunt working the right seems dumb.

I was happy with the win. Some work to be done, but that'll come. Hunt needs to be dropped, I don't give a **** if he hurt his wittle shoulder.
Tend to agree but I would give it until round 6, five games in total before making a drop to reggies. He isn't doing enough, he hasn't been the total package in n the past and I just don't see him becoming any better at management or improving his tactical kicking.

Just as a note of caution here, the Sharks HEAVILY contributed to our success. I know I know you can only beat what's in front of you and the old, 'they only played as well as we let them' line can be trotted out too but the truth is they made a lot more mistakes and conceded twice as many penalties as us. They weren't good and we should keep that in mind while celebrating our win. It was a narrow win and truthfully I was disappointed we weren't ruthless when we got to 20-8.

That said, **** the Sharks !

We stole him from Newcastle. I think this year will be a breakout year for him. Bennett said yesterday in a media article that he was lazy in NSW and really didn't play to his potential and that he is looking to make him live up to his potential. Having a very experienced Adam Blair as his forward partner will do wonders for him as well especially when it comes to pressure. Blairy was put under a lot at the Tigers and the same goes for Sims so he can learn from how Blair learnt to deal with the pressure and live up to your name and price tag.

Good point. Blair is the king of the 1%ers, so he'll be an excellent mentor for Sims.

Active Now

• scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.