PRE-GAME Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Geez, you don't want much from a round 1 game....... From a semi final team, yep, totally agree but to expect all that to happen in round 1......
Why wouldn't I want or expect this from the Broncos? We don't support Parra or the West Tigers. You make it sound like it's a bad thing, expecting our team to play really well.

Ok, maybe the 85% or more ball control and 3 penalties or less is slightly unrealistic, but what I'm simply saying is... let's just put in a really solid performance and play with some confidence.

Not expecting a win against our bogey side but what I am expecting and hoping for is the following.

- great ball control (85% and over)
- tough and uncompromising defense
- very few penalties (3 or less)
- relentless and smart attacking plays, decoy runners running with intent, at speed with the ball player knowing exactly who's getting the ball (no confusion or second guessing) and the ball receiver carrying the ball at the defensive line with venom and intensity
- an 80 minute performance with a positive attitude and never giving in

These are simple fundamentals if you think about it, so I expect nothing less. All this doesn't guarantee victory but it goes a long way. There are no excuses.

If we achieve all of that then we will win comfortably.

Why wouldn't I want or expect this from the Broncos? We don't support Parra or the West Tigers. You make it sound like it's a bad thing, expecting our team to play really well.

Ok, maybe the 85% or more ball control and 3 penalties or less is slightly unrealistic, but what I'm simply saying is... let's just put in a really solid performance and play with some confidence.
I agree, I can live with a loss if they are at least competitive which rarely happens when playing the Storm. Fans all over social media are talking up a premiership and such which is crazy considering all the uncertainties in the squad. If they are sitting at 10-2 at the halfway mark, then maybe we can start thinking about silverware but for now, let's give this side time to adapt under a new regime and not place unrealistic expectations on them.

I agree, I can live with a loss if they are at least competitive which rarely happens when playing the Storm. Fans all over social media are talking up a premiership and such which is crazy considering all the uncertainties in the squad. If they are sitting at 10-2 at the halfway mark, then maybe we can start thinking about silverware but for now, let's give this side time to adapt under a new regime and not place unrealistic expectations on them.

I don't think we will be playing our best footy until at least a quarter of the way through the season. Just like what happened with the Rabbitohs last when adapting to the new Seibold structures.

I just want to beat these bastards so bad. Im sick of losing to them and watching their smug wanker fans gloat about it

Storm to face different Broncos: Boyd
Melbourne may appear to have Brisbane's measure but Darius Boyd has hinted that the Storm may be in for a surprise in the NRL season opener.
Skipper Darius Boyd has predicted a very different Brisbane to run out against Melbourne in the NRL's season opener thanks to new coach Anthony Seibold.
The Storm appear to have the Broncos' measure after winning 15 of the past 17 games but Boyd hinted that Melbourne may be in for a surprise at AAMI Park.
"There's a lot of difference (under Seibold). There are some exciting things in place in attack ...and our (improved) defence on Thursday night will go a long way toward winning," he said.

Source: AAP

Last edited:
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019/03/12/team-list-rd1-v-storm/

Lineup is up boys and girls!

ANTHONY Seibold has named his NRMA Insurance Broncos team for Thursday's NRL season opener against the Storm.
Seibold released his 21-man squad today for the match that will be played in Melbourne.
Anthony Milford and Tevita Pangai junior have both been named in the squad despite missing the final trial 10 days ago.
BRONCOS' NRL SQUAD
1. Darius Boyd (c)
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Jack Bird
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Matthew Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su’A
13. Matt Gillett
Interchange:
14. Kotoni Staggs
15. David Fifita
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Tevita Pangai
18. Shaun Fensom
19. Patrick Carrigan
20. Sean O’Sullivan
21. Gehamat Shibasaki

Last edited:
Melbourne Storm

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenneath Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Christian Welch
16. Tui Kamikamica
17. Patrick Kaufusi
18. Ryan Papenhuyzen
19. Tom Eisenhuth
20. Billy Walters
21. Marion Seve

Storm: Jahrome Hughes takes Billy Slater's old No.1 jersey with Scott Drinkwater sidelined through injury, while Kenny Bromwich starts in place of the injured Joe Stimson (back).
Broncos: Matt Gillett returns from his neck injury at lock, with Jack Bird also back from injury in the centres. Alex Glenn and Jaydn Su'A start in the second row, with David Fifita on the bench alongside rookie Tom Flegler and Tevita Pangai jnr.

Storm still look good on paper, especially defensively.

Broncos by 14
Isaako first try scorer
Lodge MotM

Last edited:

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Lozza
  • MrRobot
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Wild Horse
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Behold
  • BooKhaki
  • Morkel
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.