Team Lists

How does one post a gif?

.. all good found the list.

Last edited:
Step 1: Finish Work
Step 2: Get Dinner
Step 3: Watch the Broncs Win
Step 4: Watch the Cycling

One of the benefits of being two to three hours behind Aus. :)

On the way to uni this morning a car came flying past with two Broncos flags fluttering madly from the top of the car. Made me smile to know there was another fan as excited as myself. For some reason this season opener has a feeling of greater excitement than previous years.

I have the stadium ears that allows you to listen to the ref 100% of the game.
Once I literally heard him say to the pocket ref who just blew a penalty for hand on the ball, "ok that's enough now "ref name" need to level it up a bit"
Completely 100% truth. Can't remember who we were playing, but the penalty count was in our favour. Very next set of us defending, back to back penalties them in possession.
I swear it as the truth to the very end. Complete and utter bullshit. I was outraged

100% back you mate. I've heard them before, hell, they've even done it over the telecast mics from time to time. Used to always hear them go up stairs "Hey mate, what's the penalty count?"

Load of shit. Wish police could investigate the NRL for fixing matches.

If the players can hear the refs saying these things then how come they don't expose it? I wonder if they are instructed not to.

Hearing this kind of thing really makes me question why I would support this kind of league, purely on principle alone. That is deadset manipulation of games. It's happening across the board and is being given the tick of approval by the NRL itself. It's ludicrous.

Last edited:
Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos, Thursday 7.50pm at AAMI Park

Storm: Will Chambers has been declared fit after getting through the side's final training session following an ankle injury in the Harvey Norman All Stars clash. Billy Walters and Marion Seve dropped off the extended bench 24 hours before kick-off. The Storm have not lost a game in round one since 2001.

Broncos: Tevita Pangai jnr got through the side's final training session and will play in the season opener. Broncos winger Corey Oates has scored eight tries in his past four games. Patrick Carrigan and Gehamat Shibasaki dropped off the extended bench

It is pretty bloody obvious.

Step 1: Make sure the penalty count is even.
Step 2: If a team is losing, gift them ghost penalties to get the scores back to level.
Step 3: Even the count back up with mostly unhelpful penalties like on the first tackle when they're already in the attacking zone.
Step 4: Profit (Closest competition evah!).
Most of the time it isn't about fixing the result, it is just levelling up the penalty count. Then wherever the result lies at the end of that process isn't matter of concern, it is just a way for them to deny or put distance between them and bias towards result. If that makes sense...

100% back you mate. I've heard them before, hell, they've even done it over the telecast mics from time to time. Used to always hear them go up stairs "Hey mate, what's the penalty count?"

Load of shit. Wish police could investigate the NRL for fixing matches.
I've heard that too tbh over the telecast.
I'm thinking of using the ears again this year if I don't have my 2yo with me.
Haven't used them for about 5 seasons now. Goes to show how long it's been going on.
Come to think of it .. for some reason just right now, I feel like it was either an eels game or dragons... Just occurred to me

If the players can hear the refs saying these things then how come they don't expose it? I wonder if they are instructed not to.

Hearing this kind of thing really makes me question why I would support this kind of league, purely on principle alone. That is deadset manipulation of games. It's happening across the board and is being given the tick of approval by the NRL itself. It's ludicrous.
It's about them exercising their discretion in one way or the other. Not about fixing results, but like KPIs.
Police do it.. if their KPI is already high for that period, they don't pull up people for minor offences like driving in the right hand lane or bald tyres or tail lights.
But if the KPIs are low, they're nit picking everything

Bit of an odd question, but roughly what time will half time cover for this game?

That is, what time roughly will half time start and what time roughly will the second half begin?

Bit of an odd question, but roughly what time will half time cover for this game?

That is, what time roughly will half time start and what time roughly will the second half begin?
7:30-745. roughly.

That can't be right, coverage starts at 7pm doesn't it? Unless CH9 is fucking us out of the start of the game.

Throw in stoppages etc no way would the first half finish that early.

Last edited:
Throw in stoppages etc no way would the first half finish that early.

Kick off wouldn't be until 7:05 as the coverage doesn't start until 7.

You're looking at about 7:50-8:00 for half time to start. Half time goes for 15 minutes.

Its kick off 7.55 here in Melbourne so i dare say channel 9 is showing it slightly delayed if it says coverage starts at 7pm (being 8pm Melbourne time).

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.