PRE-GAME Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Foordy, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

On the way to uni this morning a car came flying past with two Broncos flags fluttering madly from the top of the car. Made me smile to know there was another fan as excited as myself. For some reason this season opener has a feeling of greater excitement than previous years.

2. ostin86

ostin86 NYC Player

If the players can hear the refs saying these things then how come they don't expose it? I wonder if they are instructed not to.

Hearing this kind of thing really makes me question why I would support this kind of league, purely on principle alone. That is deadset manipulation of games. It's happening across the board and is being given the tick of approval by the NRL itself. It's ludicrous.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  3. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Set up a direct recorder, post it and watch it go viral. easiest way to combat the squaring up bs

theshed, Morkel, Sproj and 1 other person like this.
    Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos, Thursday 7.50pm at AAMI Park

Storm: Will Chambers has been declared fit after getting through the side's final training session following an ankle injury in the Harvey Norman All Stars clash. Billy Walters and Marion Seve dropped off the extended bench 24 hours before kick-off. The Storm have not lost a game in round one since 2001.

Broncos: Tevita Pangai jnr got through the side's final training session and will play in the season opener. Broncos winger Corey Oates has scored eight tries in his past four games. Patrick Carrigan and Gehamat Shibasaki dropped off the extended bench

4. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Most of the time it isn't about fixing the result, it is just levelling up the penalty count. Then wherever the result lies at the end of that process isn't matter of concern, it is just a way for them to deny or put distance between them and bias towards result. If that makes sense...

Locky's Left Boot likes this.
  5. Marty Deutschmann

I've heard that too tbh over the telecast.
    I'm thinking of using the ears again this year if I don't have my 2yo with me.
    Haven't used them for about 5 seasons now. Goes to show how long it's been going on.
    Come to think of it .. for some reason just right now, I feel like it was either an eels game or dragons... Just occurred to me

6. Marty Deutschmann

It's about them exercising their discretion in one way or the other. Not about fixing results, but like KPIs.
    Police do it.. if their KPI is already high for that period, they don't pull up people for minor offences like driving in the right hand lane or bald tyres or tail lights.
    But if the KPIs are low, they're nit picking everything

7. :clap:

8. theshed

theshed NRL Player

Bit of an odd question, but roughly what time will half time cover for this game?

That is, what time roughly will half time start and what time roughly will the second half begin?

9. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

7:30-745. roughly.

broncospwn likes this.
  10. Alec

Alec International Rep

That can't be right, coverage starts at 7pm doesn't it? Unless CH9 is **** us out of the start of the game.

11. Throw in stoppages etc no way would the first half finish that early.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  12. Kick off wouldn't be until 7:05 as the coverage doesn't start until 7.

You're looking at about 7:50-8:00 for half time to start. Half time goes for 15 minutes.

theshed likes this.
  13. Makes me laugh everytime

14. Kelleher

Kelleher BRL Player

Its kick off 7.55 here in Melbourne so i dare say channel 9 is showing it slightly delayed if it says coverage starts at 7pm (being 8pm Melbourne time).

15. I am going to have the radio call of the game on and compare it with nines broadcast and see how it lines up. That should reveal if nine are playing silly buggers with the game. Don’t like nines commentators anyway.

GCBRONCO likes this.
  16. Dash

Dash NRL Player

Brisbane
    9 won't need to delay the game, because no NRL game has ever started at the scheduled time.

broncospwn, Sproj and Foordy like this.
  17. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Broncos 28-10
    Jack Bird to score a double
    Isaako 6\6
    Craig Bellamy to become visibly upset

Kick off is never at the scheduled time. The actual kick off time is 7:05.

There won't be any delays in the broadcast.