PRE-GAME Round 1 - Storm vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

not to mention that the NRL has this obsession with keeping penalty counts relatively even, which is complete BS ...
I have the stadium ears that allows you to listen to the ref 100% of the game.
Once I literally heard him say to the pocket ref who just blew a penalty for hand on the ball, "ok that's enough now "ref name" need to level it up a bit"
Completely 100% truth. Can't remember who we were playing, but the penalty count was in our favour. Very next set of us defending, back to back penalties them in possession.
I swear it as the truth to the very end. Complete and utter bullshit. I was outraged

not to mention that the NRL has this obsession with keeping penalty counts relatively even, which is complete BS ...

I hate Union, but at least the refs in that sport aren't against blowout penalty counts if it's warranted. Of course they have the issue of a game (in terms of style of play and shit you can get away with) being determined on a ref by ref basis, but that wouldn't be an issue in RL because the rules aren't as subjective or up for interpretation as Union's (an obvious caveat to this would be if I was hypothetically referring a game and would blow a penalty every time I thought I saw coached wrestling shit in the ruck).

Last edited:
Once I literally heard him say to the pocket ref who just blew a penalty for hand on the ball, "ok that's enough now "ref name" need to level it up a bit"
Completely 100% truth. Can't remember who we were playing, but the penalty count was in our favour. Very next set of us defending, back to back penalties them in possession.
I swear it as the truth to the very end. Complete and utter bullshit. I was outraged

I'd like to say I'm surprised by that, but I'm really not.

When referees had the balls and support to stand up to this kind of shit

Last edited:
I can't believe the media haven't done an expose on evening up of the penalty count. It is dead set fixing a game.

Could you imagine if that shit happened in the NFL... heads would fucking roll and people would be in jail.

The NRL as a governing body are knowingly manipulating results.

Upload 2019 3 13 19 16 9

This game has all the ingredients for a good old fashion Melbourne storm 40-12 win over the Broncos, its very reminiscent to me of our round 1 clash in 2015 against the rabbits. We have a new coach bringing new structure and game plans, we've had a semi disrupted off season and we are coming up against the benchmark team from the past few seasons.

I think if Melbourne show up and play their typical game which they do probably 9 games out of 10 then they should account for us. However if the coach has managed to work some of the magic that many fans and media beleive he has then there could be an upset. I can see us showing glimpses of brilliance but being very clunky overall.

I can't believe the media haven't done an expose on evening up of the penalty count. It is dead set fixing a game.

Could you imagine if that shit happened in the NFL... heads would fucking roll and people would be in jail.

The NRL as a governing body are knowingly manipulating results.

It is pretty bloody obvious.

Step 1: Make sure the penalty count is even.
Step 2: If a team is losing, gift them ghost penalties to get the scores back to level.
Step 3: Even the count back up with mostly unhelpful penalties like on the first tackle when they're already in the attacking zone.
Step 4: Profit (Closest competition evah!).

Last edited:
I don't have to wait all day, I'll be asleep! Second night shift doesn't finish until 11am QLD time. Fart sack until the mess hall, then game time until time to don the uniform once again. Perfect fit and I'm hoping to be in a jolly mood with more cash in the Sportsbet Account.

I think we'll get them.

Nothing better than shaving this morning and then putting my game day face on. Go Flelgler - rip them a new one!!

100% back you mate. I've heard them before, hell, they've even done it over the telecast mics from time to time. Used to always hear them go up stairs "Hey mate, what's the penalty count?"

Load of shit. Wish police could investigate the NRL for fixing matches.

Round 1 game day, couldn't have come sooner.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.