/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

What's that all about?
Who knows. It’s probably something easy to explain like the chair was wobbly or dirty, or something funnier like purposefully setting up the Suncorp press room with a dud chair for Des for a laugh.

Kev is a funny guy though, very into superstition and the power of the mind so it could’ve been something cookie like not wanting to catch loser germs or something.

Crying happy tears reading the live thread over!

Ref took 8-12 off us (Hetho and the "forward pass") and we bombed another 2 at least with Oates and Capewell. We could have gone SIXTY tonight. Against a solid top 8 team. In the damp/wet. Biggest win over Manly in our history. First time they have been held scoreless in 9 years. No doubt they're not full strength, they looked like the walking wounded out there, but that should take nothing away from this massive win.

NO-ONE in this squad gets paid more than Reyno. If they're asking for more, they can kindly **** off. I wouldn't be surprised if Fittler went for a Reyno/Cleary halves combo for Origin - will he really pick Luai when Reyno is in this form?

I think Herbie is off to Dolphins by his body language recently. Shame, he's been looking really good. Cobbo to left centre and Pereira to right wing? Cobbo's left hand hold/right hand fend is perfect for left centre, though I hate to break up the combination he's formed with Staggs and Reyno on that right hand side.

So much to like, but some adversity to come, whether it's injuries to key players, Origin interruption, or games against the top teams. But I'm so happy to see the guys enjoying their footy again, and building some confidence. They remember how to win, and it must be so much sweeter after the past few years...there's some old scores to settle for sure.

“manly just didn’t show up for this game”
“South’s just didn’t show up tonight”
“Sharks didn’t
hop off the bus tonight”

Hmmmm I sense a theme….
When do the talking heads start to credit the boys for bashing the crap out of the opposition?

Crying happy tears reading the live thread over!

Ref took 8-12 off us (Hetho and the "forward pass") and we bombed another 2 at least with Oates and Capewell. We could have gone SIXTY tonight. Against a solid top 8 team. In the damp/wet. Biggest win over Manly in our history. First time they have been held scoreless in 9 years. No doubt they're not full strength, they looked like the walking wounded out there, but that should take nothing away from this massive win.

NO-ONE in this squad gets paid more than Reyno. If they're asking for more, they can kindly **** off. I wouldn't be surprised if Fittler went for a Reyno/Cleary halves combo for Origin - will he really pick Luai when Reyno is in this form?

I think Herbie is off to Dolphins by his body language recently. Shame, he's been looking really good. Cobbo to left centre and Pereira to right wing? Cobbo's left hand hold/right hand fend is perfect for left centre, though I hate to break up the combination he's formed with Staggs and Reyno on that right hand side.

So much to like, but some adversity to come, whether it's injuries to key players, Origin interruption, or games against the top teams. But I'm so happy to see the guys enjoying their footy again, and building some confidence. They remember how to win, and it must be so much sweeter after the past few years...there's some old scores to settle for sure.
Not sure how well a Cleary / Reyno halves pairing works. They’re both dominant halfbacks.

“Sharks didn’t
hop off the bus tonight”

Hmmmm I sense a theme….
When do the talking heads start to credit the boys for bashing the crap out of the opposition?

Cooper and Benji were gushing over the Broncos last night post game.

“Sharks didn’t
hop off the bus tonight”

Hmmmm I sense a theme….
Bet your boy slept well. Is he even up yet?

Not sure how well a Cleary / Reyno halves pairing works. They’re both dominant halfbacks.

How did Locky/Thurston go? Cronk/Thurston? How about Hunt/Milf? Or Munster/Hughes?

Two dominant playmakers in their own right can absolutely work together. A Reyno/Cleary NSW halves combo is at this point my worst nightmare as a Queenslander.

One other thing Knobgobbler, you got it wrong about Uni, could not stand seeing him in Broncos colours. Least favourite player next to Ryan James. RK and Isaako are two good players. Incidentally, the only game Isaako played for us we won so, just about wrong on every single level.
I’m going to back you up here. I actually really rate Isaako as a winger, Fullback not so much. RK like everyone else has actually turned a corner in his career and might just be in the keep him basket.

It's amazing what a change in scenery has done for Reynolds. It has completely reinvigorated him and has challenged him to take his game to another level, and wow, hasn't he responded well to the challenge.

He has always had all the skills in the world, but given that be has never been a selfish personality, he usually played the percentages at Souths. Often a young, skillful playmaker coming through will opt for the highlight reel plays, but Reynolds only did what the team required. With the all the big money superstars he's played with throughout his career at Souths, he sort of shelved the rest of his attacking game so that those other players could shine.

At Souths, his role was so well defined and it mostly revolved around leading the team around and getting them into the strike zone so that Cook, Latrell, and Walker could lead the attack. Reynolds being the ultimate team man, rarely deviated from this. Each and every game was essentially the same, a solid 7 out of 10. His performance rarely dropped below that, but also rarely went above that. That's what was required of him for the sake of the team, and that's what he would deliver.

But now at the Broncos, finally he is the main man, and it's almost as if the shackles have been removed. For the first time in a long time, he is playing with unrestricted freedom. Game by game he is slowly showcasing every bit of hidden skill he has. The exciting thing is, this is just the beginning for him. He will become the most influential halfback in the game, if he is not so already. He is absolutely relishing being captain and he realises this young team look to him for inspiration. He is delivering more than what anyone had ever imagined.

At this rate, I wouldn't be opposed to him getting a statue at Suncorp Stadium. Brisbane Broncos legend Adam Reynolds.

The New Emperor ?
Or too soon to say that ?

Credit to billy's try saver on turbo. 99/100 times turbo scores that, but billy out muscled him through sheer determination. Despite it not being expected of a 9sl to be there, he made sure he was. If turbo scores it could have been a different game.

The talk about riki and capewell's metres is a bit disappointing. Yes it would be great if they were making more, but the fact both players metres are low would indicate that our team just does not play a style that relies on second row hit ups. It does however have other benefits including allowing them to push up line speed on the edges, and push hard from the inside (which has made our edge defence look a lot better).

If our middles were struggling for metres, I would hope both would be more active in assisting.

Credit to billy's try saver on turbo. 99/100 times turbo scores that, but billy out muscled him through sheer determination. Despite it not being expected of a 9sl to be there, he made sure he was. If turbo scores it could have been a different game.

The talk about riki and capewell's metres is a bit disappointing. Yes it would be great if they were making more, but the fact both players metres are low would indicate that our team just does not play a style that relies on second row hit ups. It does however have other benefits including allowing them to push up line speed on the edges, and push hard from the inside (which has made our edge defence look a lot better).

If our middles were struggling for metres, I would hope both would be more active in assisting.
Yes, when out of every set of six you have at least 1 hit up or forward play involving Haas, Carrigan and Jensen, you have a backline play and a kick, it does not allow much opportunity for a 2nd row hit up. It probably emphasises that they are being under utilised in terms of trying to put them through holes.

FB IMG 1652489413073

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • sooticus
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • rj9
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.