Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ennis after Cobbo scores his second try off yet another Adam Reynold's kick - "The South Sydney powerbrokers will be in the foetal position at the minute". :rofl :rofl:rofl
He probably followed that up with "the broncos are lucky they got him. What a terrible club that can't develop their own half-back. Manly, sharks and any team they have or will beat this year are obviously off form when they play the broncos"..

That flop absolutely hates the broncos. Probably to do with his boy Parker getting the sack..

The thing that is immediately evident is the new found intensity we play with. It shows we have implemented a system where players are aware of what their roles are, and everyone is now on the same page. It's constant, just one after the other. There's no let up.

There's no more catching the ball flat footed and slowly ambling up to the defence completely clueless on what to do. We are no longer thinking, we are just doing. It's almost like muscle memory, and the team are leaving Reynolds to do the thinking while everyone else just carries out their roles. We are getting to our spots, and Reynolds just takes over.

I think this has been a bit jarring for the opposition teams and they are really struggling to match it with us. It shows we are fitter than we've ever been, and we are still getting fitter each week.

It may be simple, but it is effective for this group. It's good coaching. I'm just happy we are finally getting some positive results to back it up. Winning is infectious, and this group really needed some confidence after the past few years.

He probably followed that up with "the broncos are lucky they got him. What a terrible club that can't develop their own half-back. Manly, sharks and any team they have or will beat this year are obviously off form when they play the broncos"..

That flop absolutely hates the broncos. Probably to do with his boy Parker getting the sack..
Actually no. Listening to him last night he was full of praise for us. He rapped our forward pack delux and was in fact a wee bit over the top in his praise for Cobbo. Honestly Cobbo has been lighting it up, but he still has a long way to go before he deserves som eof the accolades the media are laying on him.

How did Locky/Thurston go? Cronk/Thurston? How about Hunt/Milf? Or Munster/Hughes?

Two dominant playmakers in their own right can absolutely work together. A Reyno/Cleary NSW halves combo is at this point my worst nightmare as a Queenslander.
Not a great comparison because Thurston played both 5/8 and halfback throughout his career so he was capable of doing both. Halfback next to Lockyer and 5/8 next to Cronk.

Hunt is very much a halfback and Milford is very much a 5/8 and far from dominant.

Munster and Hughes Is a good example for the opposite reason, they both have games more suited to 5/8.

Cleary and Reynolds are both halfbacks who favour the right side and best skills are their game management.

Watching a replay of the game and you gotta laugh at the titans signing the "international half" foran to try to copy our model of recruitment AGAIN. At least they are trying to copy a model that has worked haha

They’ve swapped out the XXXX for waters. I wonder if there’s anything more to that.
Probably to accommodate Payne so that he isn't uncomfortably standing in the corner trying to avoid flying drops of alcohol, Matrix style.

But I like to think it's because Kevvie and Langer has told them It's borderline criminal to waste beer.

Hopefully. I wonder if it’s to make their social media content more family friendly.
No the celebration sponsor was literally XXXX. There is something to do with it but that’s not it. I also think if that was the case the video wouldn’t be going up instead of putting the beers away. Could be an NRL order that celebrations are to be kept to a minimum and you have to be out by a certain time as a lot of work has to go into setting up for the next day.

Some good media coming through after last night's game.

355971 1

The fact he was undoubtedly the best in 2 (until he revolutionised it) totally different positions and was an immensely successful captain tells us he has a bit of footy smarts in itself.... but even Smith and Thurston credit lockyer with teaching them alot about game management...
Yes, for me until another player becomes the best in the world in 2 different positions, Locky remains untouched the best the game has ever seen

How good is it having a side who are genuinely playing for each other? So refreshing.

I was pretty keen on the Jensen signing when I saw his QCUP numbers last season, but he's even exceeded my expectations, he has to keep starting, he's been huge for us.

Here are his numbers this season when playing 30 or more minutes -

R5 - 36 minutes - 11 runs, 110 metres, 19 tackles (0 missed)
R6 - 46 minutes - 15 runs, 164 metres, 25 tackles (2 missed)
R8 - 40 minutes - 18 runs, 167 metres, 26 tackles (1 missed)
R9 - 47 minutes - 12 runs, 123 metres, 25 tackles (2 missed)
R10 - 36 minutes - 17 runs, 189 metres, 18 tackles (0 missed)

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Rambstien
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • Behold
  • Mustafur
  • Canga
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.