Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL2024BHQTeamListRound10

Interesting timing on dropping Fletch Baker, didn't think he was that bad last week.

Guess it might be more down to versatility than anything.

Well people finally got their wish re Baker.

It's strange, I don't think he did anything wrong last week. Has been pretty decent the past few weeks. I'm not sure Jack is really that versatile.

Part of the signing of Gosiewski is his utility value. Is a plug and play edge forward but has been used through the middle at times during his NRL career.
Also played a bit of centre / five-eighth as a teenager.
I think it is an astute depth signing and with the engines that we currently have in our front row, we don't need to carry a 3rd prop (sorry Baker). Our balance is much better.

We need Walsh to keep he's involvement up especially in the attacking area. Though I hope he stops with the kicking near the line and trying to score, everytime he touches the ball. Walsh just needs to slow down a bit and focus on what he's doing, included the next play. I'm backing him for a hat trick this game.

We need Walsh to keep he's involvement up especially in the attacking area. Though I hope he stops with the kicking near the line and trying to score, everytime he touches the ball. Walsh just needs to slow down a bit and focus on what he's doing, included the next play. I'm backing him for a hat trick this game.
I think alot of fans are still puzzled by Reece Walsh. He is your game breaker but for a good reason like Cobbo is, they have silly errors in them because they are always trying to score points with every touch. The only way he will learn to slow things down is by playing more and more games which will bring maturity.
Last year Walsh and Cobbo were 1st and 3rd in most errors in the comp but that was papered over with the amount of games we won last year so no one really cared.
What you really don't want is to scare him into play safe football only because he just won't be effective at all and you would limit his creativity big time.

“What you really don't want is to scare him into play safe football only because he just won't be effective at all and you would limit his creativity big time.“

I think this is a bit of a cop out.
He needs to play the percentages more often.
Kicking on the zero tackle when you are in the defence line is simply a bad play, it has nothing to do with stifling his creativity….

“What you really don't want is to scare him into play safe football only because he just won't be effective at all and you would limit his creativity big time.“

I think this is a bit of a cop out.
He needs to play the percentages more often.
Kicking on the zero tackle when you are in the defence line is simply a bad play, it has nothing to do with stifling his creativity….

that's not what they're talking about with regards to Walsh.

and if you were in any doubt, then go and listen to Kevvie's post match presser last week when he complains that we were "kick happy"

Walsh needs to just run and run and run for the first 15 minutes. The passes will come later.

Walsh needs to just run and run and run for the first 15 minutes. The passes will come later.
Teddy killed us last game and ran 250m. Walsh is an elite runner - do more of this!

Slater used to excel at picking up the scraps off of forwards and blitzing the centre of the field when the defending forwards were tired. Walsh just needs to put in a bit more effort running at times rather than always looking for the miracle ball late pass. That's mainly what people are having a whinge about.

Walsh's improvement is in what he lets other players do and what he does. I think he's at his best when he engages with other players and runs.

Against the Tigers he did that great outside in run to score under the posts, he didn't keep going out the back he came back against it.

When he changes direction, he's impossible to stop- the try against the Raiders.

When he goes on those big arcs that cramp everyone and he runs out of space so just throws a pass then the whole thing comes unstuck.

I love just seeing him two passes wide and letting someone else give him some space.

He needs to learn with him less is more.

Spot on @1910 - against the roosters he tried to sweep and ran out of runway - then just tossed it at the nearest broncos jersey hoping they would do something amazing with it - with no space or time to do anything. Not to even mention staggs went to the left side and he ran at Jordan, twice.... expecting him to catch two shocking passes.

What sucks the most about that Roosters game is that we could have been well in front by the time we started copping those injuries, rather than having to draw level at 18-all without a winger and our halfback....before then losing our other winger and our other half as well for a big chunk of the rest of the game. That pisses me off the most tbh, we could have put them under so much pressure at the start that they would've been chasing had the rest of the game played out the way it did.

Walsh was really disappointing. I wonder if it's a case of Kev had been giving them enough rope to do whatever, early in the season, but after they metaphorically hung themselves with that performance he's now told them "right, no more, you're not as good as you think you are, buckle up and get back to basics and the rest will come".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • blacknwhite
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncsNBundy
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.