CommBank Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I can't have the roosters game then I definitely want the eels laid out. The boys have to be dialled in after last week....right?!? Not saying I want a blow out score line (I do) but just a solid win please.

I just can't see 50. I can't even see 40.

Eels coming off a bye, their coach getting hammered in the media. They will be very determined. This is a very winnable game for us, but only if we can weather the storm and hold onto the ball and stop trying to score in every set. If we can do that, I think we'll get them in the end but I don't think it's going to be a blowout.

Given they are missing Gutho and Moses, I don't see them having much fire power to put points on ... On the other hand even with ARey out, we still have strike all over the park

Well if I can't have the roosters game then I definitely want the eels laid out. The boys have to be dialled in after last week....right?!? Not saying I want a blow out score line (I do) but just a solid win please.

I love your profile pic.

I wish we'd become elite at short kick offs on both ends. We've gotta be the worst in the comp.
I'd rather we simply didn't do them unless its late in the game and we are behind.

I love your profile pic.

Disclaimer: I can't use nunchakus

- Cannot afford TPJ right now but certainly sounds like we are still very much considering him in a couple of weeks
- TPJ is certainly still on the cards but obviously no commitments made
- Madden back next week
- Gosiewski bought in to cover middle, second-row and centres
- Reece has been told to slow his brain, sounded like Kevvie might have ripped into him this week, seems quite frustrated with him
- Some thought given to Sailor for the 7 jersey but don't want to take away from Mam's strengths
- Rogers just needs to make his tackles, kick to the corners and pass it to someone else (paraphrased but I thought it was unintentionally funny)
- Piaks and Riki doing reps at centre but doesn't feel either is ready to do a Capewell there yet

Love Kevvie, he certainly picks up on issues with the team and works at them.

- Cannot afford TPJ right now but certainly sounds like we are still very much considering him in a couple of weeks
- Madden back next week
- Reece has been told to slow his brain, sounded like Kevvie might have ripped into him this week, seems quite frustrated with him
- Some thought given to Sailor for the 7 jersey but don't want to take away from Mam's strengths
- Rogers just needs to make his tackles, kick to the corners and pass it to someone else (paraphrased but I thought it was unintentionally funny)
- Piaks and Riki doing reps at centre but doesn't feel either is ready to do a Capewell there yet

Picking up and doing something about the issues has actually been Walters biggest strength in my eyes.

Walters is a players coach it seems so he puts faith in them and gives them a chance, but he listens to his coaching team and ackowledges/amends issues very, very well...

I had a lot of hope for seibold and thought he was great tactically but his downfall was he thought he had to outsmart the room and he was stubborn/not able to identify mistakes. Team lists were bloody frustrating.

Walters makes a lot of mistakes, but he learns from them just as he wants the players too, he's a great example to them.

We are raging hot favourites for this in the media. If parra weren't coming off a bye at commbank stadium then I would share that confidence, but this is definitely nowhere near a definite win so I wish the media would stfu....

I'm confident, we have them all over the park even with Reyno out. We will want to make a statement after last week, expecting a good win. Parra will come out firing and die after 50-60 mins as they normally do this season.

Picking up and doing something about the issues has actually been Walters biggest strength in my eyes.

Walters is a players coach it seems so he puts faith in them and gives them a chance, but he listens to his coaching team and ackowledges/amends issues very, very well...

I had a lot of hope for seibold and thought he was great tactically but his downfall was he thought he had to outsmart the room and he was stubborn/not able to identify mistakes. Team lists were bloody frustrating.

Walters makes a lot of mistakes, but he learns from them just as he wants the players too, he's a great example to them.
I like that Kevvie takes (and forces the team) to take responsibility. The biggest turn off from Seibold (and lots of other coaches like him) is that they blame everyone else but themselves for performance (refs, injuries, etc.).

Can't fix things if you can't admit there's a problem.

We are raging hot favourites for this in the media. If parra weren't coming off a bye at commbank stadium then I would share that confidence, but this is definitely nowhere near a definite win so I wish the media would stfu....
While teams coming off the bye would be expected to have more in the tank, they typically start off slow. We need to score lots of points early, and make sure we don't gas ourselves in the 1st half by having to defend 50 errors.

No Moses and Gutherson, and our forwards are so much more dominant. On paper, we should be destorying these guys.

- Madden back next week

Interesting loophole mentioned by Dobbo confirmed by Kevvie.

Now I still don't want TPJ near our team, but after round 11, we will be able to play TPJ without having to offer him a top 30 contract (which will likely have some notional value attached) because he plays for our feeder club.

P.s. my initial opinion of Kevvie getting the coaching job was definitely wrong ... He us exactly what we needed.

I'd rather we simply didn't do them unless its late in the game and we are behind.

It's more for our attack I am thinking. We just lose pressure after a good kick on attack, then forcing the other team to goal line drop out. They get it and we lose all our pressure.

I like that kevvie has adopted the KISS strategy but sometimes I wish he would keep it even simpler. Look at Penrith, they just run hard and keep good line-speed until their opponent falls apart. Maybe we've got the wrong squad for that type of thing.

Kev has been saying for a while they need to slow their brains, cut the mistakes, they're too frantic etc. but there hasn't really appeared to have been any attempt on game day to do so. I would love if they came out very conservative against Parra for the first 20 minutes. They are more than capable of over powering them and putting on points and it might change the mindset a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Ondi
  • maddo
  • Socnorb
  • Big Del
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • The Strapper
  • Mr Fourex
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.