Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Intense quality game, though some bizarre calls going both ways in the last 10 minutes. Obstruction on Boyd vs a magic 6 again for the Roosters.

Fantastic to see the hunger back. Wasn't a pretty win by any means but the boys were prepared to fight tooth and nail for the 80, which I haven't seen for a long time.

Have to particularly wrap Milf and the Seg for their decision making in the last quarter. Snap field goal from the Milf, grubber from Segeyaro for a repeat set, and a stab from dummy half to seal the win. Each had a huge effect on the complexion of the match.

Not setting the world on fire, but Dearden has been a great foil for Milf thus far. Really composed week to week, and sound defensively under pressure.

Unfortunately I think this season is still beyond reach, but we can still develop the nucleus of a cracking side for next year.

Once again, I love Gillet, but I sincerely hope he could either get his best form back soon or give way to Fifita. Compared to Glenn, I feel Gillet is the one not well earlier this week......

I'm happy to see someone else is seeing it. He just isn't very effective at the moment. He's constantly bent backwards in tackles, drops sitter passes that costs tries and is barely bending the line.

Would have been happy regardless even if we lost. Winning is a bonus. Great effort boys.

Last edited:
Great effort, only caught the last 10-15 mins but awesome the boys showed some grit.

Off to go watch the game in full soon

In other good news, that was comfortably Isaako's best game of the season, he had a dig tonight.

Shibasaki was putrid in attack, but solid in defense. Way too many errors in his game at the moment, wouldn't be against bringing Jimmy back in if he wants to buckle down and work hard.

I respect Macca for his long service to the broncos but surely his days are numbered.
I too respect his service to the club but the last 2 weeks have highlighted his weaknesses. Seibold, an intelligent man, has seen this and now it's time to move forward. Would still love to sign a new hooker in the off-season.

I can't go past that set of six towards the end of the first half where we absolutely destroyed them, even though we ended up giving away a penalty at the end of it, that told the story of our night. Haven't felt that proud of our efforts in quite a while.

64 minutes of Haas seems a pretty good balance, 20 runs for 223m, 8 tackle breaks and a try says it all. Lodge was up there for mine as well with 19 runs for 213m.

**** I'm just so proud of that effort. It's gonna be a good weekend lads!

To top it all off it should have been our ball. Knock onin the ptb for the Cronk penalty. I guess our guys forgot you aren't allowed to tackle Cronk.

To be honest, after half time, every since second, I was talking to myself “ it’s all right even they lose in the end, coz I’ve seen they put in great effort “

But man, I can’t love Segeyaro more, he’s our big ‘X’ factor! A couple play from him is what we used to not having and literally turning the game.

Once again, I love Gillet, but I sincerely hope he could either get his best form back soon or give way to Fifita. Compared to Glenn, I feel Gillet is the one not well earlier this week......
Mm, I was happy with Gillet. Great standard across the park. We just beat the benchmark.

I'm happy to see someone else is seeing it. He just isn't very effective at the moment. He's constantly bent backwards in tackles, drops sitter passes that costs tries and is barely bending the line.

He’s still rock solid in defence and is always chasing the kicks. I think he’s still required for now while dearden is still so green. Gives the kid some comfort i reckon.

To top it all off it should have been our ball. Knock onin the ptb for the Cronk penalty. I guess our guys forgot you aren't allowed to tackle Cronk.

Judging on cronks performance tonight you’d think he and cam smith would be best buds.

I sorta agree, but ****, do you support the broncos or not? It turned out to be the right game plan. Cry into your pillow if it makes you feel better.

That’s being results orientated. Just because we won doesn’t mean it was the right game plan. But anyway I am pleased as per my first post. I was just giving the bloke what he wanted.

[/QUOTEi
Its a bit ironic though, Gillet supposed to be the senior experienced player aside Dearden, but he apprantly let the young boy down......

I bet Dearden was thinking “ my school mate on the adiuence seat can do a better job”

Well, I disagree. His defence tonight was excellent, our right edge is tight thanks to his defence, his running was good against very tight defence, I didn't see him bent backwards tonight once, he dropped ONE ball, yes, bombed a try, yet how many tries has Bird bombed? For mine, Gillett's value to the team as a forward leader is indispensable.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • LittleDavey
  • Mustafur
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosarethebest
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Fatboy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ras
  • Strop
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.