Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Unfortunately, you are probably right again about Labor. Although, it might be closer than some expect. Well done on your Bronco tip. I guess it's appropriate that BHQ's best contributor picked it when ALMOST no one gave them a chance. I was one of the 99.5% who didn't.
My thinking had been that we were close including the game where AS was slammed for talking about stats. I saw enough quality patches to guess if we'd strung enough of them together in one game we'd be close to winning against anyone. I wrote that pre match that I had absolutely no doubt we could beat the Roosters on their best fucking day, we could. Not that we would but that we were able.

Watched the replay, have a few thoughts.

Roosters definitely looked very underdone. Short turn around, 2 flights in 5 days and a few players playing injured definitely affected them. Which means this definitely was a great time to play them to start finding form for us, but we can't get too far ahead of ourselves, we've still gotta keep building. I'm sure Seibold knows this though.

More on the Roosters, every time I see Crichton play, he seems like the biggest disappointing signing in the NRL this year. Hall looked really off coming from the ACL, but even if he improves, I dunno if he's going to make it here.

Payne Haas, wow. I hope he keeps this sort of attitude for his entire career, doesn't start to take it easy like some of the talented massive props who started well but finished poorly in the past.

Turpin's haircut...well, you can't take the "Ipswich" out of the boy. But no memes anymore, he looks better than McCullough for sure. His service is getting better too, some really nice passes in the 2nd half. Hits hard too, some really nice tackles, including one to stop Keary in his tracks and force a drop out. His intercepted pass was the only real downer. I dunno if he's a long term hooker, but it just shows we really have to start moving on from Macca.

The bunching up in attack still happens quite often. Gould and Slater mentioned it a few times too.

Ofa seems to be the new Jarrod Wallace. Good for a knock on and/or a penalty a game.

Glenn was running hard in attack, but he missed so many tackles. Gillett didn't really do much, but that's more because we just don't go right, Dearden is still a bit of a passenger for much of the game, being so young.

I didn't notice this 60-70 minute bias from Gould. He was praising the Broncos pretty often. He just sounded like he enjoyed the game.

Unfortunately, you are probably right again about Labor. Although, it might be closer than some expect. Well done on your Bronco tip. I guess it's appropriate that BHQ's best contributor picked it when ALMOST no one gave them a chance. I was one of the 99.5% who didn't.
I'm still of the opinion that the team is not unlike a v8 performance vehicle with a tuning issue. It isn't far off peak performance. Anyone who's had a car (or any performance vehicle really) like that will relate, it can be as simple as a timing issue, not enough spark or too little or too much fuel. When tinkering you might say "it wants to go" and when test running it you can feel it's close and the powers there but not quite running right. Well that's the Broncos for me. I have no doubt at all that we can beat the Roosters, even on their best fucking day ever but we will need our 'race tune sorted'.

Last edited:
Yep, I read this the day you posted it. Well called, young man.

Last edited:
The only thing that made me unnecessarily mad last night was Gillett dropping the ball with a wide open line, primarily because it would've sealed the game and because it would've been Dearden's first try assist in first grade. Hold the ball Matthew!!!!!!! Fifita would've scored that, just sayin'

Hold the ball Matthew!!!!!!! Fifita would've scored that, just sayin'
Cant disagree, but it’s funny that when Gehamat ran onto the pass and then dropped it with nothing but air in front of him the first thing I said was that Jimmy would have scored then. Don’t get me wrong, I think Gehamat did an alright job and was way better than Jimmy probably would have been defensively, but I do think we’d have had another try there if it was Jimmy running on to that ball.

gehamat imo was defensively solid on Latrell, however maybe Latrell was a little undone. His attack isnt there.

If only we had a player with his defence and Jimmy's attack...

Nrl.com stats still indicated 40 missed tackles which is not great but our scramble defence was much better. Like the broncos of old who turned up for eachother

I thought Shiba was fucking excellent defensively and didn't look like a lost duck at centre. Him being a bit slow doesn't bother me if he's centre and I think the mistakes could easily be big game nerves for a rookie.

I'd be happy to see him retain his spot for a while. Roberts should not walk back in, fucking earn the jersey or stay in reserves. Great move by Seibold. I don't think it's a coincidence our back to back wins were after dropping two established players. It sent a message to the team that you either step up or play in ISC.

I don't think Roberts is even playing ISC is he? Thought I heard he hasn't played any footy since being dropped......

I don't think Roberts is even playing ISC is he? Thought I heard he hasn't played any footy since being dropped......

He can’t because the team is playing in png and his visa has expired so he can’t travel.

gehamat imo was defensively solid on Latrell, however maybe Latrell was a little undone. His attack isnt there.

If only we had a player with his defence and Jimmy's attack...
What I noticed last night was Milf kicking to Ryan Hall's wing and usually after that Latrell was taking hit up.

It seemed like a plan and may have been done to fatigue Latrell. I don't think I can ever recall seeing Latrell take so many hit ups in a game.

Also Jimmy may have been able to score that try (I would've loved to see Shiba get that ball clean, because he only had Liu to beat), but I don't think Jimmy could've done that ball and all tackle on Latrell late in the game.

It was a terrific tackle and completely nullified a potentially dangerous situation.

For those in the know is Shiba at all known for his defence??

He definitely hasn't played the last two but he did have that niggling (achilles?)injury so he should be fired up and fit when he plays ISC next week.

Roberts is a star if he's willing to put 100% in so I really hope he kills it in reserves and is back soon.

Last edited:
Tell you what, if McCullough comes back into this team I'm dead set going to lose it.

He's been a tremendous servant for the Broncos for a long time. I respect him and he's done some good things for us throughout his career. But, he's just not what we need any longer and putting him back in this team would be taking 5 steps backwards.

I hope Seibs makes the tough but right call about McCullough.

Last edited:
I'm just going to ignore the post before this one cause the bloke obviously has no idea about rugby league. Just wanna point out how well the youngsters did and how well the old boys did to amp them. Turpin is fucking fearless. He may not make as many tackles as Macca but his tackles are potent and he hits like he wants his targets to stay hit. Deardon was really solid in defence and put his body on the line but also provides a super cool demeanor and perfect foil for milf. Staggs is an absolute weapon and is as strong as Gillett in defence but with a slick and steppy running game. Then the old boys. Gillett may not have a potent attack but his defence was crucial in getting that win. Boyd was organised and really fitted the boys up. Our forward pack has already gotten the credit they deserve. Brilliant. Now don't expect it to happen every week with a team do young but if we keep this group together, expect it to happen a lot in the future. Hats off to the boys.

So true, hasn't a fucking clue.
Thought Shiba was solid, and loved the fact he attacked that ball. Boyd had a good game aswell, his pass to Oates was 50/50 imo. I also thought offa's tackle on cronk was fine, definitely no worse than seggy's. Was a great game to watch.
[automerge]1558155826[/automerge]
Thought we might’ve witnessed a but of a Seggy throwback when he and Latrell got into it at the end.

Can swing!

Last edited:
Tell you what, if McCullough comes back into this team I'm dead set going to lose it.

He's been a tremendous servant for the Broncos for a long time. I respect him and he's done some good things for us throughout his career. But, he's just not what we need any longer and putting him back in this team would be taking 5 steps backwards.

I agree that things are looking better without Macca and I want to see Macca moved on but let’s just wait until we see more than 2 games in a row before we declare Turpin the new #1 hooking option

If he does somehow get back in, he is officially THE most protected species in the history of the club

I agree that things are looking better without Macca and I want to see Macca moved on but let’s just wait until we see more than 2 games in a row before we declare Turpin the new #1 hooking option

It doesn't matter if Turpin is the long term hooker or not, surely it has to be obvious to everyone that we have to move on from Macca now. Just have to find the right player.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.