Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It doesn't matter if Turpin is the long term hooker or not, surely it has to be obvious to everyone that we have to move on from Macca now. Just have to find the right player.
Exactly. Absolutely right.

What I noticed last night was Milf kicking to Ryan Hall's wing and usually after that Latrell was taking hit up.

It seemed like a plan and may have been done to fatigue Latrell. I don't think I can ever recall seeing Latrell take so many hit ups in a game.

Also Jimmy may have been able to score that try (I would've loved to see Shiba get that ball clean, because he only had Liu to beat), but I don't think Jimmy could've done that ball and all tackle on Latrell late in the game.

It was a terrific tackle and completely nullified a potentially dangerous situation.

For those in the know is Shiba at all known for his defence??

I have heard and read - can't recall where, that Shiba is very solid defensively, and last night I thought his defensive reads were outstanding, making crucial tackles. In attack, he just needs to find his rhythm and confidence. I reckon he is a cut above Roberts atm especially in defence.

As for Mitchell, I don't think he was under-done at all. For mine, our game plan was to nullify him and that is exactly what we did. Stinging defence and moving up quickly on him 2 at a time before he had a chance to build speed and momentum. Great game plan. Kevvie ought to have a close look at how to nullify him.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Remember when we were losing and looking like wooden spooners the implication was Bennett left us with a wooden spoon squad, poisoned the well, Darius conspiracy to make Bennett look good, bullshit bullshit, etc. Funny we then go on to beat the best team in the game by outclassing them in every way with our two origin centres out. I love what Seibold is doing but the intellectual dishonesty from some on here borders on pathetic at times.

Easily our best win of the season, everything about the 80 minutes was damn impressive individually and structurally as a team. Absolute gem of a game.
All of those players that were signed long term simply did their EXPECTED job against the roosters. And one of those was missing!

Please enlighten us about intellectual dishonesty, I'm sure it will be rivetimg reading...
And BTW, our 2 origin centres weren't out. 1 ex origin Centre was out due to an acl injury (is that meant to be a pro or con against the coaching?), and the other was dropped due to a poor attitude that has was not knocked out by the last coach...

So what did Keary say at the half time interview? I missed that.

Basically that the Roosters has been a bit off and they’d be fine and get over the top on the end. It was said very cockily. No credit given to the opposition and very arrogant.

I don't think Roberts is even playing ISC is he? Thought I heard he hasn't played any footy since being dropped......

This week is the first time he's been able to play- Last week was no ISC because of Residents playing.

I have heard and read - can't recall where, that Shiba is very solid defensively, and last night I thought his defensive reads were outstanding, making crucial tackles. In attack, he just needs to find his rhythm and confidence. I reckon he is a cut above Roberts atm especially in defence.

As for Mitchell, I don't think he was under-done at all. For mine, our game plan was to nullify him and that is exactly what we did. Stinging defence and moving up quickly on him 2 at a time before he had a chance to build speed and momentum. Great game plan. Kevvie ought to have a close look at how to nullify him.

He has great balance, you would have noticed he's always in position and prepared for the contact. He doesn't miss too many tackles for Norths.

Under 20 Origin game last year Papenhuyzen came down his side from fullback every set and he communicated well with Taulagi and handled it beautifully wasn't flustered once.

He has great balance, you would have noticed he's always in position and prepared for the contact. He doesn't miss too many tackles for Norths.

Under 20 Origin game last year Papenhuyzen came down his side from fullback every set and he communicated well with Taulagi and handled it beautifully wasn't flustered once.
I'm pretty excited to see how he develops. I think he's got a bit about him. He moves well. If he can get a bit of confidence, he'll be a real asset. I think he's one of these guys that is quicker than he looks. Bit like Hodgo.

The raging fool is now praising Bennett and claiming we beat the Roosters by playing Bennett-ball

Have you and PNG bronco every played in a team sport? You do understand the effect coming in and just dropping seasoned and well liked players would have with a new coach? Especially when he was so highly rated by every coach before him and got a free pass. At least seibold isn't playing thaiday or mcguire or Glenn at hooker. Imagine the bs on here if he did that, exactly what Bennett did but..... He's different

You mean like getting rid of McGuire?

Last edited:
I thought Shiba was fucking excellent defensively and didn't look like a lost duck at centre. Him being a bit slow doesn't bother me if he's centre and I think the mistakes could easily be big game nerves for a rookie.

I'd be happy to see him retain his spot for a while. Roberts should not walk back in, fucking earn the jersey or stay in reserves. Great move by Seibold. I don't think it's a coincidence our back to back wins were after dropping two established players. It sent a message to the team that you either step up or play in ISC.

I don't think he is slow at all , he would be just as quick as staggs.

I don't think he is slow at all , he would be just as quick as staggs.
He seems to have a reasonable top speed, but his acceleration is not the best best.

You mean like getting rid of McGuire?
"Well liked"
Also.... Mcguire had a 3 year deal on the table worth more than the broncos could give. Seibold really screwed him there didn't he...

Just watching the highlights on Kayo now and that Oates no-try was a blunder from the touch judge. On replay, it’s flat but she’s actually moving backwards and got the call hopelessly wrong.
[automerge]1558172002[/automerge]
Also, like everyone else has already said, Tedesco never got the ball down.

Last edited:
Just watching the highlights on Kayo now and that Oates no-try was a blunder from the touch judge. On replay, it’s flat but she’s actually moving backwards and got the call hopelessly wrong.

At first I thought it was fine but when they showed the side on angle it did look a little foward to be honest. There is nothing worse than a try being taken off your team because the officials got the call wrong, in this case I think they got it right.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Organix
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Nerd
  • sooticus
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.