/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Ok so I can finally get around to it:

1. Boyd - Once the dust settles, probably not quite as good as the week before but back to back decent games bodes well. He bombed a couple of passes but he did a lot of clean up work at the back he wasn't doing a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a captain to me finally. 8
2. Oates - He didn't really get many opportunities but he did what he always does with huge run metres and some really good reads in defense. He really scrambled well and seems to trust Staggs as his centre. A lot to like about the left side now. 7
3. Staggs - He just looks so dangerous every time he has the ball in hand and one of these games, he is going to break out. He has all the skills and is just so calm on the field. His defense has come on in leaps and bounds, he is going to be something special. He shut Manu down pretty well. 8
4. Shibasaki - I'm still not sold, particularly in attack but loved his defense! He shut Mitchell down well and really read plays well. It was a shame he had that ball knocked out but I LOVED seeing him attack it like that, it shows confidence and that is what I want to see. He reminds me a lot of Moga but he showed he has a pass. 7
5. Isaako - THAT is the Isaako we want to see! He was strong all night in both attack and defense, that is how he made his name. He looked good with the boot too, the dropping might have been the wake up call he needed, a lot to like. 7
6. Milford - He is THRIVING with such markedly better service from 9 and having such a calm and cool 7 to work with. He looked dangerous all night and his defense seemed to pick up too. He is going to love being behind this pack for the next few years. 8
7. Dearden - He is just so calm and collected. There is so much Lockyer in what he does, so promising. It is such a shame Gillett dropped that ball because it was beautiful. He has fantastic game awareness and the ability to read what is in front of him. This kid has it all. 7
8. Haas - What else needs to be said? What a try! He has an offload too, how super exciting! He is going to take forward play to a new level. 9
9. Turpin - What a little gem! Sorry Macca, you've been you but time to move on. Who cares if he is a long-term solution (which I think he might well be) because he is better NOW, much better. The direction and width he provides his forwards is excellent. The support play is great and he hits hard. The only thing Macca does different is make more tackles but then Turpin makes them matterm ore even though they are less. Yes, he threw an intercept but remember, it is his fourth or fifth game and just looks at what he has done for the side's direction. It is no coincidence how much more threatening Milf looks. 8
10. Lodge - He probably got over looked a bit in the wash up because of how good Haas and the entire pack were but he was once again excellent. It is often easy to forget how comparatively inexperienced he is. Another rock solid game and he made it his mission to take it to JWH...and he did, repeatedly. 9
11. Glenn - He was great again in a winning side and that is what you get from Glenn. He isn't the type of player who can turn a match but he is the type of player who can help ram home an advantage. That is what he did once again. Very good game. 8
12. Gillett - He was very good defensively and as someone else mentioned, because he can be missed due to his comparative lack of grunt in attack. He, Dearden and Shibasaki made the right edge as tight as it has been since 2015, noice. He did drop that beauty from Dearden though and that takes his score down a little. 6
16. TPJ - He was due and he delivered. THAT is how he should play every week. It is wonderful when he can do what he did against the Cows but that should happen organically. This should be his base level and he should be encouraged to keep popping those offloads, they are a MASSIVE advantage and point of difference. Sometimes they won't work but who cares, you need to take risks to go up a few levels. 8

13. Flegler - There is obviously the thought that he will need a rest at some point...but this isn't that point yet. He continues to give his all and I absolutely love his aggression and the fact he rarely gets put on his back. He is getting more consistent in his defensive hitting too. 7
15. Fifita - He should be getting more minutes but that is not a criticism for this week because he was used perfectly according to the conditions. His ability coming on the back of the bruising the starters had sustained for such a long period worked a treat. The breaking of Latrell's attempted big hit was inspiring. This kid is being overshadowed a bit by Haas at the moment but his future is just as bright. 8
17. Joffa - That shouldn't have been a penalty, it was great kick pressure. The second one I maintain made sense because it stopped momentum on the back of a stupid penalty to start with. I loved the fact he kept pressuring the kickers thereafter as well. He is a lot better than he gets credit for at times. 7
18. Segs - Nice start. Rusty but certainly can see the Cronulla grubbiness in his play, something this side unfortunately needs to be modern. Lovely first up try. 7

Not getting too far ahead of ourselves but reflecting on our forward pack, i think it shares similarities with 2014 rabbitohs. 3 middle forwards playing at about 120kg, mobile second rowers and with seg and turpin, a hooker who plays with energy and can put a shot on. I think if we aim to play a similar power game (throw in a few offloads like friday night to trouble well structured defences) we can be competitive in more matches this year and push for a premiership in the near future.
[automerge]1558197511[/automerge]
Not getting too far ahead of ourselves but reflecting on our forward pack, i think it shares similarities with 2014 rabbitohs. 3 middle forwards playing at about 120kg, mobile second rowers and with seg and turpin, a hooker who plays with energy and can put a shot on. I think if we aim to play a similar power game (throw in a few offloads like friday night to trouble well structured defences) we can be competitive in more matches this year and push for a premiership in the near future.
I think they demonstrated they could do that on friday.

Last edited:
I've heard a lot mentioned about how the Roosters were missing Cordner and Tupou.

However what those same people fail to realize, and this is even NRL.com, is that we were down players as well. We were missing Bird and Roberts.

I would say McCullough, but I don't think we're missing all that much with him out. Defensively, we are missing a bit but attack wise, not much.

I think I made pretty much the same observation yesterday.

I'm currently feeling like a hologram.

No joke, if your read the Roosters forum, apparently the refs lost them the game. They got all the 50-50 calls and even some blatant calls for no reason (y'all see anyone touch Cronk's pass for the six again call?). Yet, apparently they were hard done by.

The butt hurt is just par for the course with these guys. They expect to win every game no matter what and any loss is the refs fault.

They're cap cheaters and a protected species that are propped up by the NRL. **** them and I hope they finish outside the 8 this year.

Alot of people here are always going on about the Greenhouse being the funniest forum. I swear the chookpen is the most entertaining place on the internet after a loss. There are posters there that honestly believe every single premiership is rigged except for the times they won and the years they have won it someone else was meant to but they were so good they broke the script. The whole forum is a conspiracy thread. Also cracks me up every time a young player from any team has a great game a thread gets started about how Politis should poach them.

Ok so I can finally get around to it:

1. Boyd - Once the dust settles, probably not quite as good as the week before but back to back decent games bodes well. He bombed a couple of passes but he did a lot of clean up work at the back he wasn't doing a couple of weeks ago. Looked like a captain to me finally. 8
2. Oates - He didn't really get many opportunities but he did what he always does with huge run metres and some really good reads in defense. He really scrambled well and seems to trust Staggs as his centre. A lot to like about the left side now. 7
3. Staggs - He just looks so dangerous every time he has the ball in hand and one of these games, he is going to break out. He has all the skills and is just so calm on the field. His defense has come on in leaps and bounds, he is going to be something special. He shut Manu down pretty well. 8
4. Shibasaki - I'm still not sold, particularly in attack but loved his defense! He shut Mitchell down well and really read plays well. It was a shame he had that ball knocked out but I LOVED seeing him attack it like that, it shows confidence and that is what I want to see. He reminds me a lot of Moga but he showed he has a pass. 7
5. Isaako - THAT is the Isaako we want to see! He was strong all night in both attack and defense, that is how he made his name. He looked good with the boot too, the dropping might have been the wake up call he needed, a lot to like. 7
6. Milford - He is THRIVING with such markedly better service from 9 and having such a calm and cool 7 to work with. He looked dangerous all night and his defense seemed to pick up too. He is going to love being behind this pack for the next few years. 8
7. Dearden - He is just so calm and collected. There is so much Lockyer in what he does, so promising. It is such a shame Gillett dropped that ball because it was beautiful. He has fantastic game awareness and the ability to read what is in front of him. This kid has it all. 7
8. Haas - What else needs to be said? What a try! He has an offload too, how super exciting! He is going to take forward play to a new level. 9
9. Turpin - What a little gem! Sorry Macca, you've been you but time to move on. Who cares if he is a long-term solution (which I think he might well be) because he is better NOW, much better. The direction and width he provides his forwards is excellent. The support play is great and he hits hard. The only thing Macca does different is make more tackles but then Turpin makes them matterm ore even though they are less. Yes, he threw an intercept but remember, it is his fourth or fifth game and just looks at what he has done for the side's direction. It is no coincidence how much more threatening Milf looks. 8
10. Lodge - He probably got over looked a bit in the wash up because of how good Haas and the entire pack were but he was once again excellent. It is often easy to forget how comparatively inexperienced he is. Another rock solid game and he made it his mission to take it to JWH...and he did, repeatedly. 9
11. Glenn - He was great again in a winning side and that is what you get from Glenn. He isn't the type of player who can turn a match but he is the type of player who can help ram home an advantage. That is what he did once again. Very good game. 8
12. Gillett - He was very good defensively and as someone else mentioned, because he can be missed due to his comparative lack of grunt in attack. He, Dearden and Shibasaki made the right edge as tight as it has been since 2015, noice. He did drop that beauty from Dearden though and that takes his score down a little. 6
16. TPJ - He was due and he delivered. THAT is how he should play every week. It is wonderful when he can do what he did against the Cows but that should happen organically. This should be his base level and he should be encouraged to keep popping those offloads, they are a MASSIVE advantage and point of difference. Sometimes they won't work but who cares, you need to take risks to go up a few levels. 8

13. Flegler - There is obviously the thought that he will need a rest at some point...but this isn't that point yet. He continues to give his all and I absolutely love his aggression and the fact he rarely gets put on his back. He is getting more consistent in his defensive hitting too. 7
15. Fifita - He should be getting more minutes but that is not a criticism for this week because he was used perfectly according to the conditions. His ability coming on the back of the bruising the starters had sustained for such a long period worked a treat. The breaking of Latrell's attempted big hit was inspiring. This kid is being overshadowed a bit by Haas at the moment but his future is just as bright. 8
17. Joffa - That shouldn't have been a penalty, it was great kick pressure. The second one I maintain made sense because it stopped momentum on the back of a stupid penalty to start with. I loved the fact he kept pressuring the kickers thereafter as well. He is a lot better than he gets credit for at times. 7
18. Segs - Nice start. Rusty but certainly can see the Cronulla grubbiness in his play, something this side unfortunately needs to be modern. Lovely first up try. 7

Agree with all of that, great summary.
Only thing I would say is that I do believe flegler should have a rest , carrigan has done just as well and they will burn out imo

Agree with all of that, great summary.
Only thing I would say is that I do believe flegler should have a rest , carrigan has done just as well and they will burn out imo
Flegler will get his rest during the bye and Carrigan will get a spot during Origin. God I hope they don't burn out, we need them to grow this year and be better for next season.

We aren't missing a single thing. We have gained, not lost.
Eh. Can’t agree totally there. We are missing Bird. He was having a red hot crack. I’d prefer he was still in. We’d still have Staggs in playing for Roberts, which would be better than Gehamat playing. And of-course I prefer Turps/Sege to Macca, so no loss there.

Eh. Can’t agree totally there. We are missing Bird. He was having a red hot crack. I’d prefer he was still in. We’d still have Staggs in playing for Roberts, which would be better than Gehamat playing. And of-course I prefer Turps/Sege to Macca, so no loss there.

I think he was just talking about Macca/Turps, not the whole side.

Does anyone else think Boyd's turnaround in form is thanks to Seibold sticking by him publicly?

I never thought he was physically past it, it seem like he was mentally just not in the game but the past 3 or so weeks his attitude really turned around.

I hope it's not just a temporary patch but rather a return to his best form because at his best Boyd is a top tier player, at his worst... He shouldn't be in the team.

I was only talking about McCullough.......

Does anyone else think Boyd's turnaround in form is thanks to Seibold sticking by him publicly?

I never thought he was physically past it, it seem like he was mentally just not in the game but the past 3 or so weeks his attitude really turned around.

I hope it's not just a temporary patch but rather a return to his best form because at his best Boyd is a top tier player, at his worst... He shouldn't be in the team.

Possibly. When you're being hammered left right and centre, it can have an impact on your confidence and mental state. Then to have someone back you and stand by you, it can give you a boost. But I would like to think that Seibold has given Boyd an ultimatum telling him he needs to improve.

Boyd was never physically past it, he can still do the shit he was doing 3-4 years ago. His problems have been mental, whatever they are.

I would like to think he has turned a corner, but I also think the past couple of weeks could just be pure emotion which you can't run on forever. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

The highlight of the match for me was when Boyd put his body on the line (!) and stopped Ikuvalu from scoring in the corner, then when the boys came to congratulate him they trapped Ikuvalu in the middle of their celebratory group hug.
Gold, lads.

Yeah, I remember that moment. He was surrounded by like 6 players in a circle, that was great. He seemed to take it well.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.