Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Gordy said we won the game playing Bennett ball.

Well Brisbane is ground zero for it so we should be the masters of Bennett ball. Only now we also have seiball at our disposal.

True. But he booted Farah, and he was a much better hooker than Macca.
Yes, but Farah was there for 12 months or so compared to Macca who's been playing here for +10 yrs and been under contracts since he was 12 or something. Farah also left the tigers rather unceremoniously and as such lost his aura, suddenly he was on the bottom rung of the ladder and was easy to cut.

It would be ridiculous to think that a new coach could come in and rip apart a team without impacting on the playing squad's morale... this isn't a video game

I think Macca will take the starting spot back from Turpin with Seggy on the bench.

Is that what I want?? No... Is it the best option?? Probably not, but we've already had huge turnover of the playing squad... people need to keep their expectations in check. Maybe he won't walk back into the team and maybe the playing group are sick of Macca and want the change, but that seems unlikely.

Isn't Turpin under a development contract anyway?? If so doesn't he drop out by default given we would have our full compliment of hookers available

Watching the post-match interviews, I couldn't help but chuckle when Dearden did his.

You could tell he was nervous as ****. The look on his face after the interview, he didn't know what to do. He didn't know if he should stay or walk away.

Like a deer in the headlights.

Macca wasn’t dropped because of form. He got injured. I get that Turpin has come in and done well but surely Macca gets a chance to show why he’s the number 1 hooker in the squad.
You shouldn’t just throw senior players away because someone else fills in for a couple of weeks and does well. Besides the competition is good for all of them. Bring Macca back when he’s right and see if he can show why he deserves to keep his job. If he can’t then drop him.

In saying that who do you go with for the number 9? Turpin or Seggy?
Oh, no contest for mine. Turpin all the way. I hope I'm wrong but I think I have seen Segeyaro before but in a different form. By that I mean I believe I've seen a person motivated by their most important need, themself. I hope I'm wrong and I too love Segs flashes of brilliance but I think he'll only ever give enough of himself to accomplish his short term needs. It's like he's an accomplished actor, saying what he senses people need to hear and turning on his maximum power for oh so short bursts.

When his needs are met then it's '**** you all'. I've got a few bucks, coast along looking after number one. All things to all people, once tge coach loves me I'm right. The guys in the team like me, it's all sweet bro but holding back and just doing enough. He might go full on until a contracts signed then it's feet up time. Shallow and talented.

I could be dead wrong, after all I've never met him and I might just be a bitter and cynical old man. It's just that I feel I've met him before in a sense.

Macca wasn’t dropped because of form. He got injured. I get that Turpin has come in and done well but surely Macca gets a chance to show why he’s the number 1 hooker in the squad.
You shouldn’t just throw senior players away because someone else fills in for a couple of weeks and does well. Besides the competition is good for all of them. Bring Macca back when he’s right and see if he can show why he deserves to keep his job. If he can’t then drop him.
I completely agree with this
Getting rid of macca without giving him a chance to truly fight for his spot (I get that he should have been fighting for his spot for a few years but he was never troubled under Bennett or with the reserves we had, now the challenge has truly been thrown down) would be terrible for team dynamics and trust. If we win every game until he comes back, I'd give him up until our first loss with him at dummy half to outshine Turpins current form.
I think Turpin should without a doubt be our dummy half going forward, but macca is a well liked player who is respected by the other players and offers them a lot of guidance. It needs to happen in the right way. Let's not forget though that macca may be even slower after his mcl injury...

**** he is just a disgusting piece of shit.

I didnt even bother reading the article, but if he means Bennett ball is just going back to basics ( running hard, tackling hard and not making errors ) then he probably isnt far off the mark. I doubt thats what he means though!😁

Watching the post-match interviews, I couldn't help but chuckle when Dearden did his.

You could tell he was nervous as ****. The look on his face after the interview, he didn't know what to do. He didn't know if he should stay or walk away.

Like a deer in the headlights.

Yeah but it was great when they questioned him about the physicality.

"Loved it. I love it".

This kid enjoys being amongst it, he's not going to shy away from getting hit at the line, and he's not going to act like a diva when things don't go his way. Really good signs from him.

As well as Turpin has played, Macca will come back into the starting 9 when fit.
Don't forget this is a transition year for the squad with a new coaching philosophy and from all accounts from players, coaches, officials - Macca is one of the most respected and hardest working guys off the field.
Turpin is still young and will get his chance in the near future. However Macca must get his spot back (and obviously perform to keep it), especially as we will be deep into the origin period and need some experience/leaders to help get us through.
Side note: Seggy's energy and enthusiasm is unreal. What a utility hooker.

Yeah but it was great when they questioned him about the physicality.

"Loved it. I love it".

This kid enjoys being amongst it, he's not going to shy away from getting hit at the line, and he's not going to act like a diva when things don't go his way. Really good signs from him.

I love him, he is everything that Ash Taylor has shown he is not.

I love him, he is everything that Ash Taylor has shown he is not.

Ash to me just seems to have lost his enthusiasm for the game. I reckon he knows he should have moved clubs and is regretting it now. I still think there is a very good halfback there, but i also doubt he is going to achieve what he is capable of.

Ash to me just seems to have lost his enthusiasm for the game. I reckon he knows he should have moved clubs and is regretting it now. I still think there is a very good halfback there, but i also doubt he is going to achieve what he is capable of.

This will sound harsh, but he can suck shit. He was offered a lifeline and through it back in our face because he wanted the big money, I hope he regrets it every day. He should be held up to every young player coming through not to get ahead of yourself too early.

I hope he watched Friday night's game and realised that money can't buy you everything. He would have seen the camaraderie, the big crowd atmosphere, the result and how young Tommy's name is being lauded and then ran out to a few thousand at the Gold Coast and thought WTF! That could have been me.

I do hope the boys who never took the money like Tommy, and Patty really kick on and become superstars. It might, as someone else said, make others coming through the system look at Ash's situation and think twice before grabbing the bucks. In fact his situation may have already influenced those two to a degree.

Last edited:
I don't think the Titans necessarily ruined him. I mean, you'd have to put at least 50% of the blame (and more probably more tbh) on himself, he just hasn't developed well. There are halves who looked better in worse sides than the Titans.

I don't think the Titans necessarily ruined him. I mean, you'd have to put at least 50% of the blame (and more probably more tbh) on himself, he just hasn't developed well. There are halves who looked better in worse sides than the Titans.
I remember I got hammered on here a few years back by broncos fans for suggesting Ash Taylor will never reach the heights people are saying he will, and it will be even less likely due to him choosing to stay at the titans.
He has NO RUNNING GAME, his kicking game is massively over rated, and his defence is nikorima-like... But he's a great organiser they said... Well, he has a good forward pack in front of him and he still can't "organise" a bloody win. Losing with a 16 point lead is the exact opposite of what a organising half back is meant for. That is a perfect situation for him to take control and "organise" a win, and he has chocked like that dozens of times. Has to be the most over rated player of the last 10 years.
My guess is he will have another "is he starting to realise his potential" year every year his contract is up. No heart otherwise, believed his own hype big time

Last edited:

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Broncosarethebest
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • Shane Tronc
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.