Round 10 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tipping Broncs because i think they'll win.

:finger:

Manly is our bogey side, I'd consider them favourites for now.

Not convinced Watmough or B. Stewart win their positional head to heads.

Key to me is the bench:
Te'o, Gillett, McGuire, Capewell > Mauro, Galuvao, Lussick, Rose, Harrison, Whare (whichever 4 they pick).

Plus you left out Hodges > Matai.
Baele > Taufua
Norman = L. Foran IMO

Yeah i like Norman on par with Liam maybe slightly ahead. Haven't seen much of Taufua so i couldn't give my veridict. Im basing this on current form and Matai has been making some wicked line breaks recently so he might have a edge over Hodgo haha.

Yeah with Wallace out will be a hard slog but still think we can win this one. We've been more consistent all year and Manly deserve nothin'! :wink:

Norman on par with Liam Foran. You have got to be kidding me. :shake:

We'll need McCullough to really play well to win tonight. He needs to take as much pressure off Hunt and Norman as possible - Manly will try and besh 'em out of the game.

Agree, we need a big game from Macca.

This player by player comparison is rather short-sighted IMO and not wholly representative of what we will see on the field. Not only do Manly have the superior players in the 1,7 and 9 jerseys, but the understanding those players have of each other and their ability to operate as a cohesive spine is simply miles ahead of what our 1, 7 and 9 can do. And given how important spines are to a team these days, I think Manly are deserved favourites, particularly with Wallace out.

I think that's largely right. It's always as much about combinations as individual brilliance, and how the forwards are used in the game plan. Manly a big + there.

At the same time, our defence so far, leaves theirs a long way behind. I hope we exploit the holes Manly continually leave on the edges.

Broncos by 6 due to the better defence with enough strike power to score good points.

Broncos 52 to Manly 36 in Toyota cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.