Round 10 Discussion

Why are the storm allowed to waste time taking a kick like that? They are disgusting what they have done to this game. I can't wait for the day Bellamy is out of our game.....
Bellamy will most likely be the Broncos coach in 2020, if not from next year. At least then the blouses from NSW will have a good reason to hate us.

Smith will probably fight the charge. He hates being labelled a dirty player even though he is exactly that.

Ben Hunt is playing really well. A lot of comments recently saying he is just doing the same things he was doing here but that's just not true. He's doing just as much as Widdop. He's running and tackling well, doing creative things with the ball and getting repeat set after repeat set. Having him at the Broncos made us a better team. He doesn't get run over like Kodi does and he doesn't not try at all like Bird does. I haven't really missed a player who left for another club since Brent Tate but the Broncos miss Ben Hunt.

I haven't played close attention to the dragons structures, but I do wonder whether Widdop is doing most of the organising and "halfback's job", thus allowing Hunt to chime in with his individual plays. I actually always felt that Hunt was a 5/8th rather than a usual organising halfback. I felt him and milford were the same type of player (running 5/8ths, popping up with creative plays rather than organising halfbacks), which is why it didn't work out since 2015 (may have been an outlier of a season, where things just worked together)

I haven't played close attention to the dragons structures, but I do wonder whether Widdop is doing most of the organising and "halfback's job", thus allowing Hunt to chime in with his individual plays. I actually always felt that Hunt was a 5/8th rather than a usual organising halfback. I felt him and milford were the same type of player (running 5/8ths, popping up with creative plays rather than organising halfbacks), which is why it didn't work out since 2015 (may have been an outlier of a season, where things just worked together)
Hunt and Milford worked well together. It was when they stopped working together that we stopped playing well. They both lacked a kicking game but their running games are amazing and with Milford working on his kicking and Hunt still doing everything well except kicking they would have been great behind this current forward pack. Having Hunt instead of Bird would have made all the difference. I know Bird signed after Hunt signed with the Dragons so it's just wishful thinking.

Isaako doesn't cop enough criticism either. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He's had one good game and since then he's just been Kicking Maranta and nothing more. Minus the ability to catch by the way. It's almost an insult to Maranta.

Seriously though, this place looks for people to blame instead of blaming what happens on the field. Our half back got run over, our winger keeps coming off his wing, our players keep dropping balls. That's why we lost and that's why we have been losing.

Edit: Wrong thread, can someone move this to the Broncos/Manly game thread please

Last edited:

From what I've seen they do about the same on each edge mostly, and can get away with it because their forward pack is dominating.

This could spark the Dragons.

Weird how Widdop has been "in control" but Hunt has been injured for half of this game and Hunt is still doing more work than him..

Weird how Widdop has been "in control" but Hunt has been injured for half of this game and Hunt is still doing more work than him..

Hunt controlling this game probably isn’t a good argument in his favour. His kicking game and errors at key moments have been dreadful.

Like hoisting up a bomb when they needed to score? That’s bad. A stone cold drop that lead to a try, etc.

Hunt controlling this game probably isn’t a good argument in his favour. His kicking game and errors at key moments have been dreadful.

Like hoisting up a bomb when they needed to score? That’s bad. A stone cold drop that lead to a try, etc.
He got injured and kept trying out there. Widdop failed to take control when it was actually necessary.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • Jedhead
  • Justwin
  • jd87
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • broncoscope
  • ChewThePhatt
  • MrMoore
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • barker
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.