Round 10 Discussion

Smith is facing a 2 match ban for his tackle on Proctor which was very grubby.

1 match ban if he takes the early plea.

He also scored 27 tries in a single game against Afghanistan in the World Cup. So I guess he's amazing for his country too

Didn't deserve to be there at all.

Oh ok, I agree with that. I must've misread, I thought you said he sucked for his state team, which would be wrong.

Oh ok, I agree with that. I must've misread, I thought you said he sucked for his state team, which would be wrong.
I did. But it was a joke. He has been an alright player everywhere throughout his career. But he's certainly not good enough to play rep footy over Oates.

I really hate this penalty goal shit.

When you're ahead and you have the opposition on the back foot, keep the fucking foot on the throat.

Rocks and diamonds Sezer.

Thank god the Raiders re-signed him.

Holmes and Papa both probably played themselves back in to Origin contention with that game. Tough decision on the left wing for Kev with Boyd vs Oates vs Holmes. Do you go with the experience, the form or the incumbent?

Papalii should be a no brainer, I really hope this talk of Cooper starting on the left edge are misplaced, he's equally as cooked as Thurston.

Papalii - 18 runs, 213 metres, 30 tackles.
Holmes - 16 runs, 329 metres, 2 tries, 2 line-breaks, 1 try assist.

Large performances.

If Smith thinks he is innocent should he not fight the charge on principle?

If Smith thinks he is innocent should he not fight the charge on principle?

It's the NRL mate.

Smith getting suspended lol. He'll fight it and get off. MacDougall was already sprouting his defense BS on the footy show today. It was Proctor's fault. It was the other Storm guy's fault.

Cam is the victim here.

He can't be suspended. We have an Origin series FFS!!!

Think of the ratingzz!

Smith officially gone for 1 game, entered the early guilty plea.

Smith officially gone for 1 game, entered the early guilty plea.
With this sort of blatant injuries, I am a fervent supporter of keeping the player who committed the infraction out of the game as long as the player he injured, then add whichever suspension on top of it.

I understand it's often not black and white, like for example the crusher injury to Gillo, which I don't think was deliberate, but it would make players definitely more careful of their peers on the field, and think twice before pulling a chicken wing or wishbone, or any other wrestle tactic mastered by the Melbourne grubs.

With this sort of blatant injuries, I am a fervent supporter of keeping the player who committed the infraction out of the game as long as the player he injured, then add whichever suspension on top of it.

I understand it's often not black and white, like for example the crusher injury to Gillo, which I don't think was deliberate, but it would make players definitely more careful of their peers on the field, and think twice before pulling a chicken wing or wishbone, or any other wrestle tactic mastered by the Melbourne grubs.

That's a great point. Would love to see that happen - watch how suddenly a lot of these 'unavoidable' tackles becomes avoided.

Another solution is using the sin bin - could never work out if a player does something which guarantees a suspension why are they still allowed to participate in the game.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.